Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Reinforced vs Nirnhorned (suggestion)

Vaneur
Vaneur
✭✭✭
These both traits should not coexist cuz they are barely the same (reinforced > nirnhorned in every armor piece but shields); what I suggest:

Nirnhorned: remains the same (just increase its effectiveness at body parts by a bit)

Reinforced: reduce the resistances it provides but ads a reduction of item's durability damage (as impen does)... in fact it's a "reinforced" piece.

Just my 2 cents^^
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This probably should be in the Combat & Character Mechanics forums ... since it’s not a planned item for the next PTS patch.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on December 4, 2018 11:46PM
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaneur wrote: »
    These both traits should not coexist cuz they are barely the same (reinforced > nirnhorned in every armor piece but shields); what I suggest:

I’m not entirely sure right now, but nirnhoned remains the same on the same pieces of different types of armour. (Example: nirnhoned on light waist is the same as nirnhoned on heavy waist.)
    Meanwhile, reinforced adds some % of the armor piece, therefore it adds different values of resistance to every specific part of an armour.

I would say, that nirnhoned was actually meant for light/medium armor users that wants to increase their resistances for some reason.

I dont think that these two armor traits are valid in current state of the game: Bleeds surpass resistances (PvE: Blackrose prison is full of them) and last time I pvped it was bleeds everywhere also.
    It is sad but your suggestions wouldnt make it different :/

Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually if you run the numbers Nirn is better on some Heavy pieces like waist, feet and hands. It’s been a while but I do remember Reinforced is better on big pieces and Nirn on the smaller pieces.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually if you run the numbers Nirn is better on some Heavy pieces like waist, feet and hands. It’s been a while but I do remember Reinforced is better on big pieces and Nirn on the smaller pieces.

Just that there are no big and small pieces in terms of resistances. It´s:

Torso > Head = Legs = Feet = Shoulders > Hands > Waist
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy reinforced chest in gold is a nice piece imo, but it certainly doesn't need a nerf. If you want to have it take less damage, fine, but don't nerf something most people already don't think it good enough to use. I actually do use it for certain situations.