Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you like to be able to dye furniture?

Zypheran
Zypheran
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Furniture dying would be a great addition. It would allow us recolour items so as to get them to blend together and make them look less mismatching.
Currently, the main structural items are the shiny glossy Alinor items, but when you try to blend these with other walls or structural items they clash garishly. If we were able to recolour items so as to make them blend together, it would allow for much nicer builds.
All my housing builds are available on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice, but it would probably require ZOS to create dye channels for the objects.

Also, given the differences in dyeing between new and old armors, I dont think it would help the "blending in" problem as much as you hope, unfortunately.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!

Been wanting this for ages.

Ideally, you could dye everything - but, even if it was just soft furnishings (e.g. curtains, sofa and chair upholstery, bedding etc.) it would still be a great improvement.
  • Poms
    Poms
    ✭✭✭
    yes i would love this.....esp for the rugs/couches! :D it would stop everyone's house from looking the same!
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I could take it as the color palette is poor. I would hate to see how many misnatch color applications they would apply to the pieces.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    I don't think I could take it as the color palette is poor. I would hate to see how many misnatch color applications they would apply to the pieces.

Doesn't really matter what other people do.

You don't have to go to their houses, if you really don't like what they have done.

Also, most of the dyes in this in this game produce muted colours.

So, you're not going to see really bright, garish colour combos, because the dyes simply don't allow it.

Also, people in real life mismatch their furniture, too - you can (presumably) cope with that, so I'm sure you can cope with this. :D
    Edited by Tigerseye on December 15, 2018 12:17PM
  • Mason_King
    Mason_King
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm always saying "This would looks so good in another color."
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

You don't have to go to their houses, if you really don't like what they have done.

So, you're not going to see really bright, garish colour combos, because the dyes simply don't allow it.

Also, people in real life mismatch their furniture, too - you can (presumably) cope with that, so I'm sure you can cope with this. :D

I think what @Grimm13 meant was that ZOS has a horrible, inconsistent history when it comes to multipliers. You can use the exact same dye on all your armor and end up with a huge variation across armor pieces (and even channels within the same piece!) so assuming that people would be able to coordinate furniture colors across different styles is incredibly optimistic. lol
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »

I think what @Grimm13 meant was that ZOS has a horrible, inconsistent history when it comes to multipliers. You can use the exact same dye on all your armor and end up with a huge variation across armor pieces (and even channels within the same piece!) so assuming that people would be able to coordinate furniture colors across different styles is incredibly optimistic. lol

Yes, exactly.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Not if it would be anything like dyeing ones armour. Most of the fabrics don't take well to ESO dyes, and a lot of the dyes themselves are pretty dismal to start with as well.

Now, if ZOS can come up with an improved system that would be a different matter. And maybe they could even improve the gear dyeing results at the same time.

Edited by Aurie on December 16, 2018 1:25AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »

Oh...

Yeah, well that is very true.

Still, I would take my chances.

You can often mix and match different shades of the same colour, on different pieces and get it near enough.

If not, you just have to go with a different colour.

There are similar issues with dyeing different fabrics in GW2 (even worse if anything!), so I've had to become a kind of expert in finding workarounds.

Of course, it helps that there are far more dye colours available there and most are far easier to obtain than the ones in ESO.
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    No. Not if it would be anything like dyeing ones armour. Most of the fabrics don't take well to ESO dyes, and a lot of the dyes themselves are pretty dismal to start with as well.

Now, if ZOS can come up with an improved system that would be a different matter. And maybe they could even improve the gear dyeing results at the same time.

But, we could dye them neutral colours - like cream, beige, tan, grey...

They would be pretty safe, even with a less than perfect dye system.
    Edited by Tigerseye on December 17, 2018 5:05PM