The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Twenty Hour Timers

G1Countdown
G1Countdown
✭✭✭✭✭
ZOS can you please move away from the use of 20 hour timers? There have been many threads and complaints about how hard they are for players to keep track of. In the past there have been many events that held back customer satisfaction due to the twenty hour timer on the rewards.

Today I missed out on my Arena Gladiator Proof and when I sent a ticket to see why I received a prompt response that I had not waited 20 hours for it to reset. I think it is about time for ZOS to FULLY switch to daily resets for all systems.

TL;DR: 20 hour timers suck. ZOS should change it to a daily reset already.
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't care.
    WUJsm1O.jpg

Sad but truth.
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer 20 hour timers.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, ZOS has included wording in recent event announcements ... on what activities are 20 hours and which activities are a daily reset.

Can’t keep track?

Most of us have a smart phone where you can set a 20 hour timer for yourself.

I don’t think this is a problem ... especially recently.
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer 20 hour timers.

I wouldn't have so much of a problem, if they would actually let the players see the timer. But, they keep that hidden. :/
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer 20 hour timers.

I wouldn't have so much of a problem, if they would actually let the players see the timer. But, they keep that hidden. :/

That would definitely be a nice feature.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer 20 hour timers.

Yes. If it does not reset at the same time each day, as the daily reward does, I don't want it to be a full day timer. A 20 hour timer at least allows me to play at the same time each day, shortly after the daily rewards reset.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought we were done with 20 hr timers for a while. Which reward is on one for this event?
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer 20 hour timers.

Yes. If it does not reset at the same time each day, as the daily reward does, I don't want it to be a full day timer. A 20 hour timer at least allows me to play at the same time each day, shortly after the daily rewards reset.

If it reset the same time every day you would still be able to do that. No? Maybe I don't understand. For example if you work till 8pm you could do the quest at 9pm every day still.
    I thought we were done with 20 hr timers for a while. Which reward is on one for this event?

Its not for the event. Its for collecting Arena Gladiator Proofs in Cyrodiil. When you combine them you get costume pieces.
    Edited by G1Countdown on December 14, 2018 2:07AM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer 20 hour timers.

Yeah, works for me. I have some slack for days when things like husband's MRI needs to happen....
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer 20 hour timers.

If it reset the same time every day you would still be able to do that. No? Maybe I don't understand. For example if you work till 8pm you could do the quest at 9pm every day still.

What I am saying is that I don't want it to be 24 hours from when I completed it the last time. I would prefer that it reset once per day, at a certain time every day. If they cannot do that, then 20 hours is better.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer 20 hour timers.

why? I just... I don't understand why? in what world a 20 hour timer is better then once a day reset we have for things like pledges, crafting writs and the like? 20 hour cooldown is just so inflexible.

why do you all always bringing down to the false dickotomy of 24 hour timers when we already have once a day resets for a number of dailies? why do we keep sliding towards "it could be worse" when we already have some systems that are better? why in a world can't we normalize ALL the systems and resets?
    Edited by Linaleah on December 15, 2018 1:53PM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer the 20 hour timer. Gives me more flexibility.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ya the 20hr timers blow, would prefer a daily reset.....
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Perwulf wrote: »
    They don't care.
    WUJsm1O.jpg

Sad but truth.

zos should set up an automated response with this to all forum threads
  • Sailor_Palutena
    Sailor_Palutena
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, ZOS has included wording in recent event announcements ... on what activities are 20 hours and which activities are a daily reset.

Can’t keep track?
    Most of us have a smart phone where you can set a 20 hour timer for yourself.
    I don’t think this is a problem ... especially recently.
    They don't have phones. No Diablo for them then.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer 20 hour timers.

The timers would be fine, if there was any kind of tracking in the UI. During the Witches Festival I resorted to using an addon to keep track of my skull timers.

Similarly, the horse timer isn't a problem because it is on your character sheet.

How long's left on your daily random timer? Who knows. Or even worse is the trial timer. Where's my coffer? Yeah, turns out we ran the trial about 30 minutes faster this week than last, so no soup coffer for you.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate the 20 hour timers as they are all over the place if you play the game in spurts one day but have a single block the next. I'd rather see everything just go to the server reset so I know for sure what has been reset and can play in changing time blocks that fit my schedule not one the game thinks I should have.
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS can you please move away from the use of 20 hour timers? There have been many threads and complaints about how hard they are for players to keep track of. In the past there have been many events that held back customer satisfaction due to the twenty hour timer on the rewards.

Today I missed out on my Arena Gladiator Proof and when I sent a ticket to see why I received a prompt response that I had not waited 20 hours for it to reset. I think it is about time for ZOS to FULLY switch to daily resets for all systems.

Confirmed again inconsistent "timer" opened two sacks on two different toons who had earned the sack at longer than 20 hour intervals and only got 1Proof.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perwulf wrote: »
    They don't care.
    WUJsm1O.jpg

Sad but truth.

This is my take as well. There have been numerous threads complaining about all the different timers and the fact that many don't provide a way to check on them in-game.

I made a poll back in February where the vast majority of people voted that they would prefer timers to be standardized. There is not one comment from ZOS on it. I've all but given up trying to give any sort of feedback, as the truth is ZOS won't acknowledge issues, won't take an official position on issues, and won't fix issues.
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭

Of all the things to complain about ...

Just figure it out and remember it or ask your mom to remind you.
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the daily resets because they align well with my time zone. I can do two rounds of dailies back-to-back and take the next day off without consequence.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd prefer a set time that everything resets, but I much prefer 20 hour timers to 24 hour timers.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that it would be much simpler for ZOS to pick a time and then everything daily resets at that time. Doesn't even matter when it is, as long as it's the same time every day, for everything.

If you normally play at the same time each day then it will make absolutely no difference, but if you happen to play at a different time it will give you more flexibility about when you do daily activities.

For example lets say today I go to work, come home, make dinner and then do a daily quest at 8pm. Tomorrow I don't have to go to work so I first log into ESO at 9am (considering today is Friday and tomorrow is Saturday that's really not an unlikely scenario). If that quest is on a 20 hour timer I now have to wait until 4pm before I can do it again (which, at least for me, is likely to be especially annoying because I almost certainly have other things to do so I'm logging into ESO in the morning it's probably because I won't have time later). Whereas if that quest resets at a fixed time I only have to wait until after the reset, which might well have passed during the night.

More importantly it means everything resets at the same time, so ZOS don't need to keep saying in their announcements how each individual event will work, and players don't need to set a series of alarms or remember exactly which order they did quests the day before...you just need to know when the reset time is.
    Edited by Danikat on April 26, 2019 8:28PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with either, but yeah a singly daily reset time would be a lot easier to keep track of. Understanding if it's going to a rolling reset I wanna keep the 20 hour as it is flexible, but if everything is going to reset at 11pm PST/2am EST everyday that is fine, but with a rolling reset 24hrs is awful.

--- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com