The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Trap Plants

Alexsae
Alexsae
✭✭✭
Has anyone played with the trap plants in the new crates? I'm curious how much damage they do. Also, do they pull people in and/or literally trap them in place for a few? >:)
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They don’t trap, but if you stack 6-12 behind a door in your house they will definitely kill ppl...I have 6 guarding my sweet creek cabin from those sticky pawed kajiits....
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if that trophy plant Vine Tongue from murkmire is supposed to do that catch-and-carry it does in murkmire? Because right now it doesn't.
    If these plants in the new crown crates really do make damage, is there any hope of the Vine Tongue to really do its job in comination with the memento? I SO want to have that option inside our homes! The possibilities!
    PC/EU
  • Alexsae
    Alexsae
    ✭✭✭
    @UppGRAYxDD Thanks for the info!
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want to test the plants next to a target dummy. Since I have none of the plants, I might try it on the PTS.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmmm, minecraft mob death trap ideas floating through my head...
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, minecraft mob death trap ideas floating through my head...

This exactly, I currently have them hidden behind walls at a custom built choke point right at my house entry. Ps: they will attack through walls...
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on December 12, 2018 3:45AM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The plants are good for killing you for sure, especially when stacked.

They aren’t good for defensive / combat measuring. Being plants, them attacking you doesn’t initiate combat, and therefore doesn’t properly proc a lot of damage taken sets. Also the AOE from the plants when triggered near a target dummy, doesn’t actually do anything to the dummy. You also can’t trick the plants by entering combat with a target dummy, the incoming damage from them still won’t proc sets like Leeching Plate and Mephala Hand on an adjacent dummy. Though entering combat with a dummy will reveal the trigger radius on the plants, which is otherwise invisible.

They are good for fun traps obviously, dueling arena hazards, obstacle courses, and I guess healing checks.

They aren’t really good for measuring tanking proc sets / synergy, which was the big thing I was looking for.

Also they count as special furnishings so the amount you can place in small and medium homes will be a bit limited. And lastly, you can’t deactivate the plants at all, so if you like how they look but don’t want the hazards in your garden, you’re out of luck.

Lot of people are having fun with them though!

Edited by Left4Daud on December 12, 2018 9:03AM
  • Alexsae
    Alexsae
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse, but I bought two for my target dummy area. My thought was that I could set them near a dummy, and do circle strafing damage while taking damage myself...maybe simulate a pvp experience somewhat. The problem is that the plants are fairly slow to respond. Ah well.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in seeing their damage, you're welcome to check them out at my Colossal Aldmeri Grotto, but you'll need PortToFriendsHouse to get there. They are at the end of the clockwork beach area.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure this was a good idea...

If people think you're only inviting them to your house to troll them with lethal plant attacks, they will stop visiting other people's houses, entirely.
  • Alexsae
    Alexsae
    ✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Not sure this was a good idea...

If people think you're only inviting them to your house to troll them with lethal plant attacks, they will stop visiting other people's houses, entirely.

ROFL. Good point. But then everyone who knows me knows that they are less safe in my houses than in the norm. I had a killer (literally) house in another game. Also, I set up a delightful bathing area in a slaughter fish zone before the item count forced me to deconstruct it. o:)>:)