The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Total disregard for the consumer.

maxtherox
maxtherox

Look, this is one more of those crying topics, well, I'll stop playing anyway, even after that outburst ...

What happened to me> I was always a compulsive buyer of bethesda / zenimax products and in the week of the scalecaller season I bought 105 boxes in order to come the wolf in red robes (radiant apex) right, squeeze all the boxes and I get a galvanic storm steed (I hated this mount for the simple fact that the engine of the game is extremely bizarre, where it seems that the two hind legs of the horse are stuck) until then, after that at the same moment I created a ticket in the support to arrange a change of mount many people do this and get the exchange) time goes by, time comes 3 days and I get an automated message from the support ctrl V ctrl C and my ticket goes to wait on the agent ... after almost 2 weeks goes by and finally I respond , and what is the answer? "we can not make this exchange", if it was just that, I would understand, but the reason was what most upset me, the reason was simply because "we're not in season scallecaller" anymore ... but ... I created the *** of the ticket in the season scalecaller, with 6 days to go! Did it cost you to respond earlier? I only had 3 lines of words in the message, dude, so many years buying products from this company I just expected a little honesty, you know? Why were not they sincere in the post? "We will not change your mount because we want your wallet at all costs, go there and buy + 100 boxes and encourage other donkeys just like you to make our billionaire company" serious man ... I'm feeling so much like this now, I like it a lot of this company, I only expected sincerity in the support, besides taking an eternity comes insult my intelligence implying that I do not know how it works the season of boxes, man I created the *** ticket before the season ends, I just wanted sincerity of you zenimax, I'm starting to ask for reimbursement of everything that is possible to be repaid, I have supported these bugs for a long time, now to be treated as trash by the company? no thanks, if one day to zenimax retract I come back, but for now this is it, I will take my friends together, many are also dissatisfied with the game now (mainly my friends of PVP)
  • maxtherox
    maxtherox
    Note, I both trusted the company, I also bought this new ice cat that came out for a limited time, but now I regret it, after being treated like crap.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That answer makes it sound like there's an Apple IIe running the crown store.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /eyeroll

I seriously doubt that support is switching people's mounts to whichever they want. Because that defeats the entire purpose of "random draw."

And not getting support to switch your mount for you isn't "disregard for the consumer" due to "greed." It's just following through on the fact that the basic concept of random loot crates is that they're RANDOM.

If you don't like that loot boxes are a random chance, don't buy them.

(no, I don't buy crates in this game. The only games that I've opened crates in, are ones where I can farm them with in-game resources, buying the keys/etc from other players, or exchanging for cash-shop currency. And when I do open those crates, I open them for the common/uncommon drops, not for the super rare prize. Because I assume that I'm not going to get the super rare prize. If the common & uncommon drops aren't things that I'd be fine getting, I don't open the boxes.)
  • terrannova
    terrannova
    ✭✭✭
    oh boy, zos made pvers also angry. nice job
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tl;dr

Spends exorbitant amounts of cash on trumped up crown store fluff, expects special treatment from CS, gets rebuffed and is quitting.

Bye Felicia
    Edited by Judas Helviaryn on December 14, 2018 10:45PM
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What?

No one is making you buy anything in-game.

Welcome to Capitalism.
    Edited by Hoolielulu on December 14, 2018 10:49PM
  • Latios
    Latios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About your stuff... you know...
    The Eon Pokémon.
  • Gatviper
    Gatviper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh dear, when those Scalecaller crates were around I got a few for the Apex guar mount, crate or gems for it, either way. Second crate I got that red robed Radiant Apex wolf, and I don't even usually ride wolves due to their riding animation I don't like.
    But I've never had in mind to get any of the Radiant Apex mounts, because everybody knows they're so rare it's not worth pursuing it. Sorry you didn't get it, really, but I'm not sure it's worth it to get so riled at that, there're worse issues with the game to get worked up about.
    Edited by Gatviper on December 14, 2018 11:00PM
    Life is a ride, like days in a train, cities rush by, like ghosts in the night.
    The rhythm of wheels, time fades away, stations of a journey, destination unknown.
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This post is silly. In b4 lock.
  • nerfworthy
    nerfworthy
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say be happy you got one at all, I've spent a bit on crates and never got any radiant. I wasn't targeting them either though.
    MagWarden main and a Dunmer enthusiast!
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let us know how you get on when you ring up the lottery company and ask them to change the numbers you had last week because you didn't get the result you were hoping for.
  • maxtherox
    maxtherox
    /eyeroll

I seriously doubt that support is switching people's mounts to whichever they want. Because that defeats the entire purpose of "random draw."

And not getting support to switch your mount for you isn't "disregard for the consumer" due to "greed." It's just following through on the fact that the basic concept of random loot crates is that they're RANDOM.

(no, I don't buy crates in this game. The only games that I've opened crates in, are ones where I can farm them with in-game resources, buying the keys/etc from other players, or exchanging for cash-shop currency. And when I do open those crates, I open them for the common/uncommon drops, not for the super rare prize. Because I assume that I'm not going to get the super rare prize. If the common & uncommon drops aren't things that I'd be fine getting, I don't open the boxes.)

guy, the purpose of the post was not to talk about how difficult it is to get something in the boxes, you totally misunderstood, the topic of the post is simply the way that zenimax treats you in the support, instead of speaking the real reasons, it hides in fallacies or the like, the only thing I asked for in the post is honesty at the time of support.
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxtherox wrote: »
    Look, this is one more of those crying topics, well, I'll stop playing anyway, even after that outburst ...

What happened to me> I was always a compulsive buyer of bethesda / zenimax products and in the week of the scalecaller season I bought 105 boxes in order to come the wolf in red robes (radiant apex) right, squeeze all the boxes and I get a galvanic storm steed (I hated this mount for the simple fact that the engine of the game is extremely bizarre, where it seems that the two hind legs of the horse are stuck) until then, after that at the same moment I created a ticket in the support to arrange a change of mount many people do this and get the exchange) time goes by, time comes 3 days and I get an automated message from the support ctrl V ctrl C and my ticket goes to wait on the agent ... after almost 2 weeks goes by and finally I respond , and what is the answer? "we can not make this exchange", if it was just that, I would understand, but the reason was what most upset me, the reason was simply because "we're not in season scallecaller" anymore ... but ... I created the *** of the ticket in the season scalecaller, with 6 days to go! Did it cost you to respond earlier? I only had 3 lines of words in the message, dude, so many years buying products from this company I just expected a little honesty, you know? Why were not they sincere in the post? "We will not change your mount because we want your wallet at all costs, go there and buy + 100 boxes and encourage other donkeys just like you to make our billionaire company" serious man ... I'm feeling so much like this now, I like it a lot of this company, I only expected sincerity in the support, besides taking an eternity comes insult my intelligence implying that I do not know how it works the season of boxes, man I created the *** ticket before the season ends, I just wanted sincerity of you zenimax, I'm starting to ask for reimbursement of everything that is possible to be repaid, I have supported these bugs for a long time, now to be treated as trash by the company? no thanks, if one day to zenimax retract I come back, but for now this is it, I will take my friends together, many are also dissatisfied with the game now (mainly my friends of PVP)

I tried this before too with simple apex. they cannot do it because it is not allowed. and neither they cant add rng items into your account. also. what did you expect? they will handle you the item what you searching for? ofc they wont. do any other company do? no. ofc not. play with your money. rng drops what it drops. dont whine. you accepted the coc. you payed it. be happy its even dropped m8
  • maxtherox
    maxtherox
    The theme of the post is not about boxes or how exorbitant the price is for you to earn something, I'm not crying for it, the theme of the post is the lack of sincerity in the support, some people misunderstood, this is just an addendum.
  • maxtherox
    maxtherox
    WeerW3ir wrote: »

I tried this before too with simple apex. they cannot do it because it is not allowed. and neither they cant add rng items into your account. also. what did you expect? they will handle you the item what you searching for? ofc they wont. do any other company do? no. ofc not. play with your money. rng drops what it drops. dont whine. you accepted the coc. you payed it. be happy its even dropped m8

The topic of the post is not about how hard it is to drop something you want, let alone RNG, the topic is the treatment in the support and the lack of sincerity of the company.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoolielulu wrote: »
    What?

Welcome to Capitalism.

Or welcome to gambling. Capitalism is totally different. That is where a Company is suppose to give the CUSTOMER what they want, and if not, someone else will. Capitalism is not "take as much money for as little as they can".
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This post is silly. In b4 lock.

No, it's not silly. It's called venting. What is silly is posting nothing that applies to what the original poster or someone else says.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quitting because you didn't get a rare drop from purchasing loot boxes and ZOS rightfully didn't exchange it? Oh well, nothing of value was lost.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /eyeroll

This sums up the situation correctly. It does seem OP has either made an incorrect assumption based on nothing or a weak rumor or intentionally included false information to try to bolster their case.

Either way, it is commonly known that you are rolling the dice when buying the crown crates. There is nothing substantial, or even not so substantial to lead someone to believe Zos is switching mounts for players when they ask.

Heck, OP even starts off stating they were always a compulsive buyer. This is the results of making compulsive choices. They really seem upset with themselves and are attempting to cast that upon someone else.

And yea, I do not waste money on the crates.
    Edited by idk on December 14, 2018 11:40PM
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WeerW3ir wrote: »

The topic of the post is not about how hard it is to drop something you want, let alone RNG, the topic is the treatment in the support and the lack of sincerity of the company.

i again just say tthe same. did you really expected they will take pity on you and change it for the desired one? it is gambling. you accepted the rules. you must play the rules.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So your complaint is that ZOS Support made you wait for an answer and then said "Sorry it's not the right season" and it was only the wrong season because they made you wait?

Okay...

ZOS Support wasnt going to give you the mount, no matter what season. Thats not how random loot boxes work. That would be a terrible, terrible precedent for Support. They will not do this for you, right season or not.

Therefore, does it really matter what they told you?

I mean, yes, ZOS could have come out and said "Look, sorry you didnt get what you wanted, but that's how random loot crates work and, no, we're not giving you the mount you want."

Truthful answer, but not really the one you want to have to be blunt and say, if you are a Service Rep.

So they give you a nice, polite "We're sorry, wrong season, try again next time." This is a technically correct, unsatisfying answer that fundamentally isnt any different from the answer they were going to give you if they were blunt.

Either way, the answer is NO.
  • maxtherox
    maxtherox
    Quitting because you didn't get a rare drop from purchasing loot boxes and ZOS rightfully didn't exchange it? Oh well, nothing of value was lost.

I'm not stopping because of the loot, but by the way I was treated, I created the ticket before it's over, they take almost 2 weeks to respond, and respond in a totally shallow and misleading way ... I created the ticket having time to spare in the season, and they respond that they can not change because it is out of season, it was not easy for them to respond "we will not change because we can not, it is against the eula or something" but to make up a silly excuse of that? which made me angry because I created the ticket before the end of the season and because of the delay of them they come with a response of this? I'm trapped by the sincerity of the company, from the moment it ends, my wallet is also closed for this company.
  • maxtherox
    maxtherox
    So your complaint is that ZOS Support made you wait for an answer and then said "Sorry it's not the right season" and it was only the wrong season because they made you wait?

Okay...

ZOS Support wasnt going to give you the mount, no matter what season. Thats not how random loot boxes work. That would be a terrible, terrible precedent for Support. They will not do this for you, right season or not.

Therefore, does it really matter what they told you?

I mean, yes, ZOS could have come out and said "Look, sorry you didnt get what you wanted, but that's how random loot crates work and, no, we're not giving you the mount you want."

Truthful answer, but not really the one you want to have to be blunt and say, if you are a Service Rep.

So they give you a nice, polite "We're sorry, wrong season, try again next time." This is a technically correct, unsatisfying answer that fundamentally isnt any different from the answer they were going to give you if they were blunt.

Either way, the answer is NO.

Last year, before so many controversies involving zenimax, they exchanged a mount apex mine and many guild companions, at the time the company paid attention to the consumer she did it, but again I say, this is not what made me stop, but the lack of sincerity is not difficult to understand, right? who is criticizing, it seems like they are not reading this part, I have +40 mounts, I would not really care if they had not changed, but I'm angry with the support and just that.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a well known fact that ZOS outsources their Customer Support. It is not an in-house team. As a result you can get different responses depending on how involved the Rep actually is. Some of them will be nice and be ok with exchanging the mount, some will tell you a nice "no", some will not care and just send you an automated response to get rid of you. Customer Support is a bit like Crown Crates. But there is one thing that definitely is true about them all - it is not in their guiedlines to exchange every unwanted Radiant Apex and most likely they are even told to not do it.

You got unlucky. But in all honesty you cannot act like you were in any form entitled to this mount replacement.
  • thanoscopter
    thanoscopter
    ✭✭✭
    You got lucky with that Galvanic Storm Steed. Radiant Apex mounts often take more than 105 crates to get. Not to tell you what looks cool and what doesn't, but that Storm Steed mount is the ultimate mount on a lightning sorcerer.
  • maxtherox
    maxtherox
    Royaji wrote: »
    It is a well known fact that ZOS outsources their Customer Support. It is not an in-house team. As a result you can get different responses depending on how involved the Rep actually is. Some of them will be nice and be ok with exchanging the mount, some will tell you a nice "no", some will not care and just send you an automated response to get rid of you. Customer Support is a bit like Crown Crates. But there is one thing that definitely is true about them all - it is not in their guiedlines to exchange every unwanted Radiant Apex and most likely they are even told to not do it.

You got unlucky. But in all honesty you cannot act like you were in any form entitled to this mount replacement.

I was not upset because they did not change the mount, as I said above, I have +40 mounts, I would not really care if they were sincere, "we will not change, we can not" but they put the box season in the middle, I did the ticket before ... you know, that made me angry, but anyway I'm going to stop playing and I want this game to improve from the bottom of my heart, but it's a fuse, a lot of bugs, unbalance and support without sincerity, for me already gave.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...the reason was what most upset me, the reason was simply because "we're not in season scallecaller" anymore ... but ... I created the *** of the ticket in the season scalecaller, with 6 days to go!

Probably the same CS rep who was telling people to destroy extra Indrik feathers, even though their release said to get as many as you can for maximum sweepstakes entries.

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

I was not upset because they did not change the mount, as I said above, I have +40 mounts, I would not really care if they were sincere, "we will not change, we can not" but they put the box season in the middle, I did the ticket before ... you know, that made me angry, but anyway I'm going to stop playing and I want this game to improve from the bottom of my heart, but it's a fuse, a lot of bugs, unbalance and support without sincerity, for me already gave.

for what it's worth:
    DopeyFloweryIndianskimmer-small.gif

whales/dedicated "paying" consumers should be treated differently...it's simply good business...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    Hoolielulu wrote: »
    What?

Welcome to Capitalism.

Or welcome to gambling. Capitalism is totally different. That is where a Company is suppose to give the CUSTOMER what they want, and if not, someone else will. Capitalism is not "take as much money for as little as they can".

Well, yes, except that one of the inherent problems with capitalism (both in games and elsewhere) is privatised monopolies.

In other words, situations where competition isn't possible (or is greatly reduced), due to the fundamental set-up of the infrastructure, or whatever, not allowing for it.

That, of course, is what you have with the Crown Store.

No other company can come in and offer alternative items and/or better priced items and/or gamble-free items, within the game; as the infrastructure (i.e. the game, in this case) is owned by one company who won't allow them to. ;D

Yes, you could go and play another game - but, if you want to play this one, you will only ever have one store to buy your items /gambling boxes from.

That makes it easier for them to rip you off, as you're effectively a captive audience.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am i reading this right?

Several months ago you had customer service swap yours and several guild members mounts for the one you wanted?

You also state that the length of time for response was too long which pushed the mount you wanted out of the loot table, and they claim they wont help you because of that.

1. I have a very hard time believing they swapped your mount

2. Even harder to believe it was you and several others
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.