The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Can we get a Hand to Hand Skill Line

Lab3360
Lab3360
✭✭✭✭✭
No weapons. Just hands and Feet knees Elbows and Headbutt and with knock backs, interrupts and maybe a slam for ulti.

No need for interlocking animation. Could be strike based animation only with some channels.

Not everyone in Elder Scrolls fight with wespons, so it should not be lore breaking. It would be nice to get this in the game. Would be a fresh combat style completely different from any other class and would create a much needed dynamic.

There could be gear designs specific to this type of physical damage or magikal.

Develop a special skill line similar to some guild skills like Psyjiic, Fighters Guild, etc,.
Edited by Lab3360 on December 14, 2018 5:21PM
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm strongly against new classes and more in favor of skill lines. This keeps veteran players engaged with characters they already invested in, and minimizes the grind to make the character viable.

That said I really really want an unarmed skill line that favor either hybrid builds (unarmed shouldn't be strictly stam, after all touch spells were a thing for many ES games) and/or makes use of new/innovative mobility mechanics (bring back monks/acrobats)
    Edited by sharquez on December 14, 2018 5:05PM
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »
    I'm strongly against new classes and more in favor of skill lines. This keeps veteran players engaged with characters they already invested in, and minimizes the grind to make the character viable.

That said I really really want an unarmed skill line that favor either hybrid builds (unarmed shouldn't be strictly stam, after all touch spells were a thing for many ES games) and/or makes use of new/innovative mobility mechanics (bring back monks/acrobats)

I agree 100%
    I think I am going to change the title to reflect such.

Thank you for that.
    Edited by Lab3360 on December 14, 2018 5:21PM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why would my fierce kitty stam DK want to punch something in the face when he is holding 2 perfectly good daggers?

I would love to see some new animation (that I will likely try to cancel) but I don't see the usefulness of an unarmed skill line. Or a non-cumbersome way to implement it.
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would my fierce kitty stam DK want to punch something in the face when he is holding 2 perfectly good daggers?

Its funny that you say that when Khajiits are the race that have the most interest in hand to hand combat
    Edited by SilverIce58 on December 14, 2018 7:46PM
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @SilverIce58 I know. I remember when Khajiits in Skyrim had some sort of unarmed skill.

If you could make unarmed hit as much as armed, then I see some utility for it. But that's just not going to happen. I can see the threads now. NERF KHAJIITS!!
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SilverIce58 I know. I remember when Khajiits in Skyrim had some sort of unarmed skill.

If you could make unarmed hit as much as armed, then I see some utility for it. But that's just not going to happen. I can see the threads now. NERF KHAJIITS!!

Well, that's what they mean by make an unarmed skill line. Make it hit as hard as a regular weapon would.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol. Pvpers
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is a slight tangent, but I recently discovered you can bar swap without a weapon slotted now. In the absence of an actual skill line, this at least made me, and by extension my "punch cat", very happy.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    This is a slight tangent, but I recently discovered you can bar swap without a weapon slotted now. In the absence of an actual skill line, this at least made me, and by extension my "punch cat", very happy.

Punch Cat!

I love it
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next weapon skill line need to be magic melee
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monk Oblivion player here; strongly support this request!
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes would be great to have an unarmed weapon skill line. Would be easy to create it in a way that offers either magicka or stamina build, so it would also satisfy the "magicka dual wield" crowd.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure. Just don't forget to give me an option to chop those hands off any Jet Li-wanna-be with my sword and go fight proper warriors who carry proper weapons. Not some peasants/monks who are not allowed to carry weapons and have to defend themselves without them.
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    Next weapon skill line need to be magic melee

I would love to see it. It really would add a whole new dynamic
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Monk Oblivion player here; strongly support this request!

It would totally jibe with lore considering the Khajiits and Imperial had monks in Oblivion..

This would work perfect.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea. Just as long as hand-to-hand PVP builds don’t start complaining that there’s no counter to ranged builds.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please Unarmed skill line!

The ultimate needs to be the Sparta kick that the first boss in Blackheart Haven does!
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea. Just as long as hand-to-hand PVP builds don’t start complaining that there’s no counter to ranged builds.

They will. I assure you they will cry.
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love handtohand skill line.
    Add in Muay Thai skins and you got my $$$
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Two words: passive dodge chance ;)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they throw in some old Street Fighter 2 moves in the Skill line I am down with this idea!

Looking forward to the Nerf hand to hand threads that will follow if they do this!

Edited by Curtdogg47 on December 17, 2018 11:27PM
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would love to see some new animation (that I will likely try to cancel) but I don't see the usefulness of an unarmed skill line. Or a non-cumbersome way to implement it.
    Get out.

No one likes you. :D
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    H2h skilline is the dream,
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No ...

It would ruin my naked boxing nights in riften
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lab3360 wrote: »
    No weapons. Just hands and Feet knees Elbows and Headbutt and with knock backs, interrupts and maybe a slam for ulti.

No need for interlocking animation. Could be strike based animation only with some channels.

Not everyone in Elder Scrolls fight with wespons, so it should not be lore breaking. It would be nice to get this in the game. Would be a fresh combat style completely different from any other class and would create a much needed dynamic.

There could be gear designs specific to this type of physical damage or magikal.

Develop a special skill line similar to some guild skills like Psyjiic, Fighters Guild, etc,.

youll-get-nothing-and-like-it-gif.gif
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a fantasy setting, hand to hand combat without a weapon by the right person, especially when magic is involved can easily be as effective as someone wielding a weapon. Don't know whats up with these "Realism" people ruining the fun of a game, nobody plays games for realism.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Realism.

In a game with lizard and cat people.

lol
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Realism.

In a game with lizard and cat people.

lol

Exactly my friend. We already don't have realism so why insist on leaving out cool skill lines we could have becuase "A weapon does more damage than a fist"
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.