Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Somebody can help me understand why i get this weird draw distance

killmove
killmove
✭✭✭
I've made a video on that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKao2-KbjqA

as you see characters and npcs spawn and disapear when i move a little bit.

I have maxed everrything out and i'm playing on a GTX 1080Ti, i7 8700K OC at 5GH, game installed on SSD and Memory 32 Go at 3000 Mhz DDR4.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Settings/video/graphics/view distance slider all the way to the right?
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah dude, everything is maxed out.

I don't understand :neutral:
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you move it all the way to the left, does the view distance decrease even further? If not, maybe the file that holds your settings is damaged, deleting it (and letting the game recreate it) might fix it. Other than that, no ideas atm.
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    I've deleted the .ini file and removed also all addon.
    Just checked the game, still the issue.

However, i've found that some setting were available even after deleting the file so maybe the server keep track of old setting somewhere.

Can you please do the test on your side and see if characters vanish like in the video?

thanks.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You're probably in a sub-zone (for lack of a better word) boundary. I've had it happen in odd locations where if I take a step a node or a chest disappears and take another step it reappears. Those are the areas within a zone that the megaserver uses for load balancing.

Normally you wouldn't notice those but occasionally in a busy place you will. Sometimes you even get a loading screen for a fraction of a second when you cross one.

It's just a funky megaserver thing and nothing to do with graphic settings.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    killmove wrote: »
    I've deleted the .ini file and removed also all addon.
    Just checked the game, still the issue.

However, i've found that some setting were available even after deleting the file so maybe the server keep track of old setting somewhere.

Can you please do the test on your side and see if characters vanish like in the video?

thanks.

Tested, its the same for me. So i guess that's normal.
    Edited by Sharee on December 14, 2018 4:28PM
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    You're probably in a sub-zone (for lack of a better word) boundary. I've had it happen in odd locations where if I take a step a node or a chest disappears and take another step it reappears. Those are the areas within a zone that the megaserver uses for load balancing.

Normally you wouldn't notice those but occasionally in a busy place you will. Sometimes you even get a loading screen for a fraction of a second when you cross one.

It's just a funky megaserver thing and nothing to do with graphic settings.

Is there a way to improve this? Maybe increasing the draw distance of object ? Because this is happening everywhere.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe play with FoV settings in camera?
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know, this is really driving me crazy :neutral: