Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bah Humbug! What's Your Least Favorite New Life Festival Quest?

• Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stonetooth Bash - compete with other players for the season's hot commodity: wolf meat and honeycomb, then belch in their face to show your "appreciation"
    Not enough wasps!!!!
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fish Boon Feast - go fishing for 3 different fish and donate your catch to the hungry
    Fishing: oh my god the fishing- and times quests. I’m avoiding them like the plague.
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stonetooth Bash - compete with other players for the season's hot commodity: wolf meat and honeycomb, then belch in their face to show your "appreciation"
    Worst designed quest ever.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stonetooth Bash, because that sort of rude behavior is very out of character for all of the folks in my current roster (except maybe my wood elf).
  • Mauin
    Mauin
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's the Stonetooth one that I dislike most. For the most part, it's due to the scarcity of those wasps. I've been having relatively poor luck with this one so far; whenever I go wasp hunting, I don't find a single living wasp no matter where I look, so I wind up standing around with a pocket full of meat waiting for one to spawn.

Close second is the fishing quest. That's just because I don't like fishing.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other than the XP boost, I could care less and am ignoring the whole thing.
  • Madamova
    Madamova
    ✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »
    Fish Boon Feast - it's just total mayhem at the fishing holes, there's a ton of people there running between the holes because they disappear after a few catches and you spend a lot of time running around trying your luck to catch anything and to add insult to injury the drops are random, most of the time you get used bait or duplicates..

Edit: Spelling errors.

Hint: you can trade unwanted special fish with other players - that way it's much quicker to complete!
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fish Boon Feast - go fishing for 3 different fish and donate your catch to the hungry
    @Madamova
    Tried that, nobody was up to it then. =)
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Trial of Five-Clawed Guile - Rajhin the trickster god wants you to get good at ESO's lockpicking minigame
    Madamova wrote: »
    Michae wrote: »
    Fish Boon Feast - it's just total mayhem at the fishing holes, there's a ton of people there running between the holes because they disappear after a few catches and you spend a lot of time running around trying your luck to catch anything and to add insult to injury the drops are random, most of the time you get used bait or duplicates..

Edit: Spelling errors.

Hint: you can trade unwanted special fish with other players - that way it's much quicker to complete!

I have been known to toss extras into guild banks. People usually take the fish out before they stink up the place. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Even though I finished this quest in a single fishing spot last night, it's usually not that kind for me. This is usually the quest that makes me rage quit New Life quests since it combines the annoyance of fishing, with the competition of gather nodes against other players for a very tedious quest that sucks all the holiday spirit out of me. I had no trouble with the Wasp for Betnihk (sp?) and I just donated in Grahtwood and I'd already completed all the other achievements for New Life from previous years, except the provisioning one since I'm still short the Fish Eye recipe so I don't find them really annoying.
    Edited by Silver_Strider on December 14, 2018 5:03PM
    Argonian forever
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mud Ball Merriment - throw mudball at citizens, your fellow players, and one of three ambassadors
    I hate Mud Ball Merriment! As soon as you hit the wayshrine you can just spam the first 10 people you see with mudballs. Cool, quest is finished, right? WRONG! Now you gotta mount up and run across the town and through the castle just to hit one last person. Whhhhy? Just let me hit the ten people and be done with it!
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much hate for fishing. It's the only quest you can do in advace on your main and just pass off the quest item.

Short term fishing in this game isn't so great imo. But if you get in the mood and just fish for a while, it's relaxing. Don't go in with the overall hurry up mentality of the event. That just sounds awful. Do this one sepate, and just do it once for the whole event. Could take like 10 min or over an hour, depending on how many days and toons you are going to do all the event quests. But chillax or suffer.
  • HallowedUndead
    Signal Fire Sprint - sprint around the city, lighting signal fires
    The buildings in Bergama disappear due to about 100 people all being there.
  • haploeb14_ESO
    haploeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Where is the, None. Option? 3 friends and I had a blast doing, All, of them.
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    Stonetooth followed closely by Hissy Fish. Doing those alone for my 13 Characters would take most of my "ESO day".
    I've done each once but no more, just abandon and take the next quest, when there's only those 2 left move to char + 1.
    All the rest are cake portions
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lava Foot Stomp - dance for the patrons' amusement at four different taverns
    Lave Foot Stomp is kind of underwhelming. Generally I dislike the ones I have run all over the place for. I like the lockpicking and signal fire sprint ones because they don't involve anything like that, it's all right there.

Snow Bear Plunge is cute though and there's naked people.

I had a fish in the bank from last year so I took it out and used it. I hope it does not make anyone sick.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Took me more than 5 min :s
  • blacksghost
    blacksghost
    ✭✭✭✭
    All of them. Not even a glittery skin can make these interesting, so I’ve voted for the one I dislike the most.worst of a bad lot.
    Everything will be alright in the end, if its not alright its not the end.
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wasp thing.

At least for the fishing you can just buy the fish off the guild traders for cheap.
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Trial of Five-Clawed Guile - Rajhin the trickster god wants you to get good at ESO's lockpicking minigame
    This is supposed to be a game for adults and they put in this craptastic quest that would be fun for a 9 year old.

This one's my favorite. I loved snowball fights in GW2 and SWTOR. Then again, I'm forever 9 y.o. at heart ;)
    Edited by jainiadral on December 15, 2018 2:49AM
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like most of the quests, but hate the lack of wasps.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With every year that I’ve participated in the New Life festival, my least favorite is the Stonetooth Bash. Too much competition getting the meat and honey. I think they increased the spawn rate a bit this year however. The first year this quest was just horrible.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stonetooth bash - you can get mystery meat from mudcrabs too, but that doesn't stop people camping wolf spawn points. And trying to find a wasp can be annoying.

The most annoying thing is the way people behave - you don't have to rush towards something and kill it SUPER QUICK to stop other people getting anything, there is no "this is my kill and I have to do 40k damage and 1 shot it to get loot and if anyone else gets a hit in that is a disaster" mechanism here - do one light attack then block and let other people do a light attack so they can loot it too.
    Edited by Epona222 on December 15, 2018 7:06AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Dr3sden
    Dr3sden
    ✭✭✭
    all the others feel more fun or active...
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is supposed to be a game for adults and they put in this craptastic quest that would be fun for a 9 year old.

Really? What gives you the idea this game is aimed towards "adults"?
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Aarlur
    Aarlur
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, how much I hate this fishing quest! Takes forever to catch anything, and 9 out of 10 times I cath creeping leech. I have a full inventory of them, and none of the others.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snow Bear Plunge - Nords don't care about the cold, and neither should you as you leap off waterfalls into freezing water, before warming yourself at the fire
    Snow bear Plunge because Snares
    Edited by _Ahala_ on December 15, 2018 4:37PM
  • Kajuratus
    Kajuratus
    ✭✭✭
    As of right now, its the stonetooth bash, simply because theres so many players around it takes so long to get the damn ingredients. The War Orphans sojourn is another which I'm not too fond of, but at least you can just donate and forego the farming of the hoarvor. Also not a big fan of the fishing one, can be a bit annoying having to wait until you've caught one specific fish, while you keep on catching the two you already have 20 of.
    So the Dark Elves have weird alien architecture, where people live in mushroom towers and the shell of a giant crab, but the High Elves, the pinnacle of technology, the most magically advanced race in Tamriel, are still stuck in slightly pretty, fairly tall stone buildings? Not even a hint of a glass city? Are stainless glass windows really enough to claim that a city is made of glass?
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    fvES4lT.jpg
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The damn Lava foot stomp requires sooooo many loading screens! Fishing, no problem, grab a cup of coffee hit the smaller fishing spot near the Wamasu and crocodiles. Fish it empty, seeing as everyone else fights over the dolmen fishing spot, and you have enough fish for 3 events. Stonetooth, no problem, run over to the east coast south of the harbour. By the time you get there to kill the bored lonely wasp that's always there, you're full of mystery meat already. If not, it's mudcrabs for the win. There's just no way past the 7 or 8 loading screens of the Lava foot stomp. And mine are from 15 to 45 seconds each :(
    Edited by Ryath_Waylander on December 15, 2018 4:50PM