Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Life Festive Fir alternative?

Vahdin_Meridia
When I saw ESO announce a special New Life furnishing pack, I was super excited because I love christmas, but unfortunately I do not have enough crowns to buy the whole pack (I have 1700, and cannot really afford more). Which is okay, because I do not like much of the furnishings in it, including the Festive Fir.

I would like to have a christmas tree in my home though, so do any of you have any tips / ideas how I could "design" my own festive tree? :)
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    I wound up buying 4 topiaries and tilting them together to make 1 giant tree.

6g36i6j61b2x.png

I'm using decorations to cover up the gaps at the top and the extra trunks.
  • Vahdin_Meridia
    That looks really cool! Are you going to hang in lights / other decorations?
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Topiary, Manicured Evergreen - 2,000g
    Topiary, Pruned Evergreen - 1,000g

^ You can get these from Maladdiq (Skywatch, Auridon)
    And add some candles, baubles, thingamajigs as decoration? ^^
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. The tree winds up being really bright because I used wedding flowers (since they take up so much space) and a varla stone as a tree topper. I had some trouble coming up with smaller decorations to fill the rest of the space and I'm not entirely happy with them. The white flowers from the achievement furnisher in Hew's Bane goes well, and then I wound up using the ends of soul gem furniture (both the achievement ones and the drops) to look a little like balls. I'm not really sold on those or the yarn balls (they just don't look quite right with the flowers), so I may look for something else more suitable.
  • Foxpaw93_ESO
    Foxpaw93_ESO
    ✭✭
    The smaller skrimshaws might work for ornaments :o or the murkmire turtle.
  • ArielleJureaux
    ArielleJureaux
    ✭✭✭
    There is a new Murkmire furnishing that is red berries on a stick. The stick is curved and I think that one could use a lot of these to string together to look like a garland.
    The Psijic Glow Globes look pretty on a tree.
  • Poms
    Poms
    ✭✭✭
    There is a new Murkmire furnishing that is red berries on a stick. The stick is curved and I think that one could use a lot of these to string together to look like a garland.
    The Psijic Glow Globes look pretty on a tree.

what are these red berries on a stick you speak of......
  • Garish
    Garish
    ✭✭✭
    I used Clockwork Alchemy Flasks as tree decorations, pointing the opening into the tree so the bottom with the brass holder was sticking outwards. I thought it looked rather nice. Also apples and candles dotted about the tree. Apparently I didn't take a screenshot.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's the one we made last year :smile:

wZlbHzt.jpg

I even fashioned a crude star for the top of the tree using the blessing stones that can be bought as achievement furnishings in Vivec :smile:
    Not even daedra have two left feet!