The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Fair prices on the community designed T-shirts

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mxxo wrote: »
    Finally something more expensive than a radiant apex mount :p

InB4 shirt crates in the store, with apex and radiant apex shirts!
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi all,

To give a little more context, this is an exclusive offer available to all players who participate in at least one of our Q4 in-game events (Witches Festival, Clockwork City Celebration, Undaunted Celebration, and New Life Festival.) The unusually high price you see before entering a discount code is intended to prevent anyone from buying the tee without a code from us.

If you participated in at least one of our Q4 in-game events, you will receive an email notifying you that you have a code for the tee waiting for you when you log into https://help.elderscrollsonline.com. This is what the email looks like, and it will come from "The Elder Scrolls Online Team - no_reply(at)mailmw.custhelp.com"

jb6oa69ixr38.jpg

Once you log into the Support page, you can find your t-shirt discount codes under "My Support > My Codes". There is one for the North American Bethesda Store, and one for the European one. Here's what that page looks like (with the codes blacked-out):

DuPjmebWsAAgiYp.jpg

From there, choose the store you wish to purchase from, select your size and place the tee into your cart. Upon check-out, you will be able to enter your discount codes. Please note that we did initially have some issues that were preventing orders from Russia, Canada, and Australia. Those issues have now been resolved.

We hope this info (and context) helps. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any issues with placing an order for this exclusive tee.

Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on December 13, 2018 8:26PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Makes sense and I really want some ESO merchandise :smiley: as I love the game.
    Bought my AD keychain some days ago =^_^=

May I also have a discount code for the fronst senche mount (gems) ? I participated also in buying other crown stuff and crates.
    Pwetty kitty please?
    Edited by Lisutaris on December 13, 2018 8:24PM
  • upari
    upari
    ✭✭✭
    So it it a bug that you cannot order more than one shirt with "special"price?
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

To give a little more context, this is an exclusive offer available to all players who participate in at least one of our Q4 in-game events (Witches Festival, Clockwork City Celebration, Undaunted Celebration, and New Life Festival.) The unusually high price you see before entering a discount code is intended to prevent anyone from buying the tee without a code from us.

If you participated in at least one of our Q4 in-game events, you will receive an email notifying you that you have a code for the tee waiting for you when you log into https://help.elderscrollsonline.com. This is what the email looks like, and it will come from "The Elder Scrolls Online Team - no_reply(at)mailmw.custhelp.com"

jb6oa69ixr38.jpg

Once you log into the Support page, you can find your t-shirt discount codes under "My Support > My Codes". There is one for the North American Bethesda Store, and one for the European one. Here's what that page looks like (with the codes blacked-out):

DuPjmebWsAAgiYp.jpg

From there, choose the store you wish to purchase from, select your size and place the tee into your cart. Upon check-out, you will be able to enter your discount codes. Please note that we did initially have some issues that were preventing orders from Russia, Canada, and Australia. Those issues have now been resolved.

We hope this info (and context) helps. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any issues with placing an order for this exclusive tee.

Shame this simply does not work at all for some of us...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    upari wrote: »

We intended this offer to be one per person, though if someone wants to give their unused code(s) to someone else that is allowed.
    Gythral wrote: »

Could you elaborate on what issue you're encountering, @Gythral?

Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was this "email" of which you speak already sent? I certainly do not see it.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WyndStryke wrote: »
    Ordered one, it did take quite a while to figure out where the code was hidden and how to apply it. Shipping is on the expensive side (UK), although less than the original £ 440 million pre-discount price for the actual shirt.

You'd think that for 440 million, they could pick up the cost for shipping a t-shirt. Right? :smiley:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »

Could you elaborate on what issue you're encountering, @Gythral?

Get to the login & that is it, nothing at all happens, this is on the support site to get the code (https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/utils/login?p_next_page=account/overview)

but I am already logged in everywhere but that site...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the strangest way I've ever seen a shirt sale implemented.

Go to Cyrodiil for an hour. It will soon become quite clear.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t login to the support page @ZOS_JessicaFolsom . It tells me login failed. Is there a different login for the support page than the account page?
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tholian1 wrote: »
    I can’t login to the support page @ZOS_JessicaFolsom . It tells me login failed. Is there a different login for the support page than the account page?

Try using a different browser, @Tholian1.
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tholian1 wrote: »

Try using a different browser, @Tholian1.

I’ve tried on 3 browsers. I can log in to my account page, but not the support site with the same login.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    upari wrote: »

We intended this offer to be one per person, though if someone wants to give their unused code(s) to someone else that is allowed.

I knew it. Material shortage. :D

However, does not matter whether I order zero T-shirts once or twice. B)
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wish someone told me about the code before I ordered one full price.

Pricing gag was actually pretty funny. Especially with all the crown crate angst some like to publicly display.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah.... I don't wear shirts with "stuff" on them. And really - I don't buy tees that cost that much. Seriously.... I buy men's tees at wally world - for around $4 each. They last me about 5 years....

Same thing: I buy men's Champion sweats for winter. They're about $10 each. I buy 4 pair - they last around 5 years.... Summer (if it's really hot, which hasn't been the last few years) I wear White Stag shorts - about $10 a pair, last about 5 years....

I have a whole 10x10 foot walk in closet with "nice clothes" for any occasion. I wear something from there about twice a year. The rest of the year, I wear tees, shorts, sweats. And Tevas on my feet, when I'm not barefoot.

Seriously - shirts with stuff printed on them aren't my thing.... especially at that price.
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The shirt will not ship until March :s
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some companies use "The Office" as staff training material.

Other companies use "Fawlty Towers".

That is all.
  • Mygalomorpea
    Mygalomorpea
    ✭✭✭
    Not that I was interested in buying one, more like I was interested in seeing if I actually got a code.
    Guess what? Nothing. Probably yet another item exclusively for those in the privileged countries that ZOS acknowledge the existence of.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that I was interested in buying one, more like I was interested in seeing if I actually got a code.
    Guess what? Nothing. Probably yet another item exclusively for those in the privileged countries that ZOS acknowledge the existence of.

Check your spam folder. That's were the one sent me ended up in.

• Garish
    Garish
    ✭✭✭
    Why would I buy a t-shirt that says "ourelderscrolls" when my country isn't included in the sweepstakes. That's not "ourelderscrolls", that's "yourelderscrolls".
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Lalayla
    Lalayla
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom - I can confirm what others are saying about not getting the initial email. I did not get it either.

Yes I checked Spam folder.
    Yes I've tried several different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE and Safari).
    Yes I deleted cookies / cache.
    Yes, I get other mails regarding my ESO account - codes from Twitch crates, confirmations of purchases, and responses to tickets. I have no email addresses at all on the 'blocked addresses' list.
    I'm in the US so it's not an 'obscure country' thing.
    I've participated in every single event, have my Indirik mount, so that's also not the reason.

I received is no email about this code.
    Edited by Lalayla on December 14, 2018 10:27AM
    Lala
  • Crusism
    Crusism
    ✭✭
    I see that your on-line store also runs on your game engine. :p:p:p
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should someone buy the shirt without using the discount code, Zeni could use that money to finance their server upgrade.

So if anybody feels the need to flex on peasants with a 400 million shirt, this is your opportunity. ;)
    I'm fairly certain the shirt will be the most expensive item of clothing, that was ever sold. Pretty cool actually, might get one myself.
    Edited by Ectheliontnacil on December 14, 2018 10:41AM
  • kitty79
    kitty79
    ✭✭✭✭
    the best marketing idea of all time, or the worst ....
    snipe forever ^_^
    -maîtresse de pêche
    -héroïne de Tamriel
    -sauveuse de Nirn
    -grande maîtresse artisane
  • cyberblast
    cyberblast
    ✭✭✭
    kitty79 wrote: »
    the best marketing idea of all time, or the worst ....

"The difference between insanity and genius is measured only by success and failure." Masashi Kishimoto
  • xan4silkb14_ESO
    xan4silkb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    cyberblast wrote: »
    They are promoting it like we are winning a prize for participating in that #OurElderScrolls thing. But in the end, the shirt has to be fully paid a normal/high amount. I would have bought if for half the costs, but not 20€.

Destiny 2 had a similar promotion not too long ago. My wife briefly considered trying to "win" it but it required completing so many achievements she didn't have time for. It was listed at something like $777,777.77 and the code would have allowed you to buy it for $25.
  • cyberblast
    cyberblast
    ✭✭✭
    Well, on the one hand I can understand why they only want to allow those people to buy a limited merchandising article who really love the game and is actually playing it. On the other side - who else would be interested in that article?
    It's all part of a marketing campaign to get more money with merchandising - confusing the community with this whole "win shopping access" trick.
    But it's ok - I don't care. That's how it works, right?
    The drawback is (something they maybe underestimated) - that it's simply not working for some people. Which makes it a bad promotion for them.

Also: If they made it easier to get and cheaper, they would have more people running around with ESO ads on their shirts... which would make a good publicity as well. And a more happy community!
    Edited by cyberblast on December 14, 2018 1:52PM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should someone buy the shirt without using the discount code, Zeni could use that money to finance their server upgrade.

Doubtful. That money would go to hiring more Monetization Technicians.

cyberblast wrote: »
    Well, on the one hand I can understand why they only want to allow those people to buy a limited merchandising article who really love the game and is actually playing it. On the other side - who else would be interested in that article?

Seems strange that they want to limit advertising. There would be more money for them if they sold five dollar shirts with their product on it to everyone possible. As a business owner, would you rather have 1,000 people wearing an expensive shirt with your logo on it, or 100,000 wearing a cheap shirt advertising your product?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Was this "email" of which you speak already sent? I certainly do not see it.

They are still going out. :) We started with the Witches Festival participants list, and are doing the Clockwork City Celebration and Undaunted Celebration ones now. The ones tied to New Life Festival participation will go out in early January after the event ends.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post