The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Kyne PvP Holiday Event (PC NA / Unofficial)

An_An
An_An
✭✭✭
Hello! We are organizing a week-long PvP event in Kyne PC-NA during the campaign week 25th-31st. This event was planned through tri-faction discussions in the official Kyne thread. Please find information about the event below -

Rewards (Attention: Updated as per 25 Dec, 2018)
<see Rak's post below>

Discord
Please use the following public invite to join the discord server for this event and share your thoughts either on this thread or there. You may also post your donations there for reference.
https://discord.gg/Vfhq22t (<-- latest perma link)

Donations
Please donate mats, motifs, BIS gear, runeboxes, I.e. stuff that is worth something. Unlike the official events we are hoping that participation in this event leads to better / more useful rewards.
Please send donations to @ ColoursYouHave OR @ An-An (myself) in-game.

Rules
- You must play on only one faction over the course of the event. This is to discourage people from hopping factions and dominating the map. Choose your faction wisely. Failure to follow this rule will make you ineligible to receive the rewards.
- You may use any sets / gear you can get your hands on. This is going to be PvP as usual.
- Warnings will be given to factions which are camping tri-keeps for no apparent reason. If a faction has all the scrolls, it should withdraw from the tri-keeps to maintain gentlemanly play. Tri-keep camping beyond a period of 2 hours will make a faction ineligible to receive rewards for that day.
- In the event of a faction maintaining dominance for an unusually long period of time, I.e. maintaining the emp ring over a period of a few days, a peacekeeping force may be employed to restore power balance between the factions. (Unlikely to happen, hopefully)

These rules will be updated as per discussions.

EVERYONE IS WELCOME
You do not have to donate to participate in the event, although it is much appreciated. You do not have to be a under-50 player, and we welcome players and guilds from vet campaigns who may wish to experience the joy of balanced under-50 gameplay.

Advertise
Please share this discussion and the discord link with your guild and spread the word. We would love your participation during this holiday event and look forward to kicking some ass!

Acknowledgements
This event would not be possible without the mentorship, guidance and support of many people. Many people who have been active in Kyne have directly or indirectly been essential for this event’s idea and planning. Notably (this list will always be incomplete and I will keep adding people) -
@vamp_emily , @Raknosh , @Stridig , @ColoursYouHave , @Swaye, @DeadlyRecluse , @Mjollo , @ShenaniganSquad @gabriebe @MincVinyl @Adenoma @Gederic
and all the donors, participants and admins!

And our forum master @Lumsdenml without whom none of this would be possible
Edited by An_An on December 25, 2018 8:17PM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    oops.. I knew I should have read the rules first.

Is there any exception to this rule? :)
    - Warnings will be given to factions which are camping tri-keeps for no apparent reason.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• An_An
    An_An
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    oops.. I knew I should have read the rules first.

Is there any exception to this rule? :)
    - Warnings will be given to factions which are camping tri-keeps for no apparent reason.
    I mean unless they are going for scrolls or trying to push their score up at the last minute , I don’t know what other scenario would make tri keep camping necessary ...

And if they have all the scrolls and have a huge daily lead, they still have like a 2 hour timeframe to sit on tri-keeps before the penalty so ....

Should be fine no ?
    Edited by An_An on December 12, 2018 6:48PM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Warnings will be given to factions" is hilarious in general.

Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was just teasing.. :)

But we can make a new rule:
    - Warnings will be given to anyone ( or groups ) that t-bags Emily

• Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like it. I will be taking part in some fashion.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    New character for the event, "Snowflake Emily". :)

snowflake.jpg

• ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just sent some gold and gold mats as a donation. Would there be any interest in a Praxis: Alinor Gaming Table, Punctilious Conflict? I've been trying to sell one but nobody is buying, so I may as well donate it if people would be interested.

Also, could I donate 15 Crown Crates, or any other Crown Store item(s) valued at 5000 or fewer crowns?
  • Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screenshot_20181212_205813.png

Santas giving out gifts yall
    Ours is the Fury
  • An_An
    An_An
    ✭✭✭
    I just sent some gold and gold mats as a donation. Would there be any interest in a Praxis: Alinor Gaming Table, Punctilious Conflict? I've been trying to sell one but nobody is buying, so I may as well donate it if people would be interested.

Also, could I donate 15 Crown Crates, or any other Crown Store item(s) valued at 5000 or fewer crowns?
    Yes anything and everything is welcome ! :)

I’m thinking of rewarding crowns as well. Maybe for end campaign rewards this can be an actual thing. Can gift people whatever they’d like from the crown store for a set number of crowns ...
    Edited by An_An on December 13, 2018 4:53AM
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love all the excitement I'm seeing here. This has been such a tight community for a long time. Well played @An_An
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An_An wrote: »

Yes anything and everything is welcome ! :)

I’m thinking of rewarding crowns as well. Maybe for end campaign rewards this can be an actual thing. Can gift people whatever they’d like from the crown store for a set number of crowns ...

Alright, I’ll send the Praxis later when I get home. And put me down then for 5000 crowns, however you want to handle that.
  • xan4silkb14_ESO
    xan4silkb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This sounds interesting. I'm not sure I have anything worth donating but I'll look anyway. I know that I don't need to donate, but want to, even though I probably won't have a ton of time to participate
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I played a little bit last night and it looks like we will need more EP/DC for the event. AD had a nice sized group on but I'm thinking they may log off during the prime time event hours.

I don't need any rewards, i'm just in it for the fun. I'm willing to flip to whatever side is under populated. But, I do get crabby if I am the only one fighting for the alliance. :)

• Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds interesting. I'm not sure I have anything worth donating but I'll look anyway. I know that I don't need to donate, but want to, even though I probably won't have a ton of time to participate

That's the beauty of it, even if you just have a day to play you have a chance to win something
  • Caleb_Kadesh
    Caleb_Kadesh
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I played a little bit last night and it looks like we will need more EP/DC for the event. AD had a nice sized group on but I'm thinking they may log off during the prime time event hours.

I don't need any rewards, i'm just in it for the fun. I'm willing to flip to whatever side is under populated. But, I do get crabby if I am the only one fighting for the alliance. :)

Might be because a bunch of us left vet campaigns to help a friend Emp. No guarantees AD will have the Pop during this event.
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is awesome... Props!

I hope there is a good turnout on all 3 sides.. it's gonna need to be spread in game word-of-mouth
  • An_An
    An_An
    ✭✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »
    This is awesome... Props!

I hope there is a good turnout on all 3 sides.. it's gonna need to be spread in game word-of-mouth

Please do !

And to those who haven't joined our discord yet - please do !
    https://discord.gg/CjQXP5f

Update - Please send donations to
    @An-An (myself) OR
    @ColoursYouHave OR
    @Ferginator OR
    @ajwarrior
    Edited by An_An on December 15, 2018 2:21AM
  • An_An
    An_An
    ✭✭✭
    Alright guys, we have just started centralizing all donations into a guild bank owned by @ColoursYouHave, who has spent a lot of effort getting this set up for the event! Thank you all for the donations so far and keep them coming!

Preliminary estimate for the total donations is already about 2-3 million gold and we haven't even counted 30% yet. I'm expecting to contribute about 1-2 million worth of stuff more in a few days.

Let's do some math.
    Assuming that the pot contains 6 million gold (this is a LOWER bound estimate, let's aim to do better say 10 million gold). Let's take 1 million gold for the end-of-campaign rewards.

We have 7 days => ~700k worth of stuff for EACH day.
    If we assume that 10 people get the rewards, we can split it as (250k, 170k, 110k, 60k, 50k, 30k, 20k, 10k)
    If we assume that 20 people get the rewards, we can split it as (110k ish to 3k ish, approximately logarithmic)

How does this sound?

We have approximately one week plus change left for this event, hope everyone is getting those toons ready and farming those gold mats. There is already talk of gold gear every two levels lawl. (That is a joke please donate those mats instead)
    Edited by An_An on December 17, 2018 5:01AM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If we assume that 10 people get the rewards, we can split it as (250k, 170k, 110k, 60k, 50k, 30k, 20k, 10k)
    If we assume that 20 people get the rewards, we can split it as (110k ish to 3k ish, approximately logarithmic)

How does this sound?

This is just my 2 cents--I'm not currently planning on donating, nor am I planning on accepting any prizes, so take this with a grain of salt--I did use to run guild-only BWB events where I'd usually give away between 2-5 million over a week of events:

Fewer, larger prizes are better. Nobody cares about 3k gold.

If you really want to do smaller prizes to expand the number of people who "win," consider converting prizes at 10k or lower to rare but inexpensive items. Scarlet judge runebox, tripot packs, etc etc get people excited...the gold value of those items just doesn't.

I'd also consider locking people out of winning after a certain number of wins. Maybe 3 wins? That will increase the reach of your prizes without weakening them.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How does this sound?

This is just my 2 cents--I'm not currently planning on donating, nor am I planning on accepting any prizes, so take this with a grain of salt--I did use to run guild-only BWB events where I'd usually give away between 2-5 million over a week of events:

Fewer, larger prizes are better. Nobody cares about 3k gold.

If you really want to do smaller prizes to expand the number of people who "win," consider converting prizes at 10k or lower to rare but inexpensive items. Scarlet judge runebox, tripot packs, etc etc get people excited...the gold value of those items just doesn't.

I'd also consider locking people out of winning after a certain number of wins. Maybe 3 wins? That will increase the reach of your prizes without weakening them.

Don't be stingy deadly. It's christmas. Just send 1m gold in donations to @Datthaw in game. He is trustworthy and will make sure it ends up in the right place.
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Donation sent to An-An. I am going to come and participate but I also do not wish to receive any prizes. Give em to the newbies. My greatest joy will be to spam ice roots on Deadly and Adenoma. Nothing else, all I am going to do is spam snares and roots for an entire week............
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • An_An
    An_An
    ✭✭✭
    Hello folks,

Just a heads up. There is widespread demand from the community that the daily rewards be randomized to 10 people out of the 100 top folks on the winning faction of the day. This is to encourage new players and give them a chance to win something as well.

In the absence of any opposition to this suggestion, we have decided to change the way DSR's are distributed. Here is what we will do now -
    1. Take screenshot of daily alliance score to find the winning alliance for that day.
    2. Use a random number generator to find 10 numbers from 1 to 100. Find the 10 people who correspond to those leaderboard ranks on the faction obtained in step 1.
    3. If we get e.g. (12, 3, 27, 54, 87, 21, 14 ...) then the person with rank 3 will get a slightly better reward than the person with a lower rank. (Rewards are not equal in value anyway so this needs to be done).

I personally also like this suggestion as factions with lower pop may have a larger chance of winning rewards ;) .

Rules -
    - One reward per day on one account (so you cant just make multiple characters to increase your chance to get more rewards).
    - As mentioned before, we expect you to stick to one faction during the course of the event to be eligible for rewards.

Join us on discord ! - https://discord.gg/CjQXP5f . 4 days to go!
    Edited by An_An on December 21, 2018 3:28PM
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I would consider advertising in zone quite a bit over the next couple days on all alliances. Type something up, send it to your friends so that they can copy + pasta in zone because there are A LOT of players, especially new players, that don't read the forums.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Mjollo
    Mjollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    already ahead of ya. got a few 1st generation players to come back so far so should be exciting. gosh keep up, adenoma!
    Defialed - Former Emperor of Thornblade|Mjoll The Legend - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade| Definitely Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Probably Not Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Mistakenly Mjoll - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade | Blackwater Cultist - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade | A Woman With No Name |
    "There are two kinds of people in this world, my friend. Those with loaded guns. And those who dig. You dig."
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any concern about making sure that the randomly selected winners actually participated that day? To my understanding, the idea behind the rewards was that it would reward players for participating on any given day, but with the current random structure a player could just grind a ton of AP on the first day and then stay on the top 100 leaderboard for several more days without even playing in the campaign after that first day. The only way I around this I could think of would be to take screenshots of all three top 100 leaderboards at the end of every day, and then when you randomly select winners compare the current leaderboard to the previous one to see if the selected players gained AP. That would obviously create a lot more work, and the idea of people winning prizes on days they didn't participate probably isn't a big deal, but I thought I'd throw the idea out there in case people are tied to the idea of needing to participate on a specific day to win a prize that day.
  • xan4silkb14_ESO
    xan4silkb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Umm, Is there something wrong with the Discord? I had been on up until I logged in this morning and clicking on the link says it's either invalid or the invite has expired.
  • Gederic
    Gederic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please see the new invite link for the Kyne Discord

https://discord.gg/jnnZkRq
    Ours is the Fury
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    The elves have been extremely busy packaging your 245 items and gold, but it's now all ready for Christmas!

The community managed to gather 6.6 MILLION worth of prizes, as well as 14k crowns on top of it!

We've tried to make the distribution of rewards as fair as possible. The top dogs will get big rewards but the newer players wont be left with nothing either! It's a bit complicated but I'll try to make it as short and clear as possible.

Tier 1 = 50 to 80k
    Tier 2 = 30k
    Tier 3 = 20k

16 prizes to the Winning faction
    1 T1 reward RNGed between top 10
    7 T2 reward RNGed to the top 20
    8 T3 reward RNGed to the remaining 100 (ie 21 - 100)

10 rewards each to the other two factions
    5 T2 RNGed to the top 20
    5 T3 RNGed to the remaining 100 (ie 21 - 100)

5 crown crates (1 per player) RNGed to the top 100 (all factions mixed)

All of the above will be distributed EVERY DAY!!!

Now go! Go spread the word and MAKE BWB GREAT AGAIN! :smiley:
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully we will have a good turn out. I've been advertising in BG and starter zones all week.

• An_An
    An_An
    ✭✭✭
    4 hours 45 minutes to go for the start of the event.
    It's looking really really promising right now ;)