The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

SOLO SKYREACH - MAG TEMPLAR (HELP)

thefixerupper
Hey fellow players,

I am trying to find a guide on how to solo skyreach with a templar.

1. I wanted to know what the best gear set (Monster set / other gear sets) that work best for this? (Is Grothdarr's set any good?)
2. What CP would I need to be at to (pull more effectievly?, the 3 room pulls?)
3. What are the main abilities you use? (*I think I have em down, but I would like to see what you guys think)
4. How much health/magika would you say you would need?
5. Do you guys recommend one heavy and one medium piece of armor? Does it matter which pieces they are?

Thanks!
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Grothdarr is great for Skyreach or any PvE content w/ lots of trash mobs
    2. If you can solo a normal dungeon, you can probably solo Skyreach. For big boy pulls, I guess you'd want to be at lest cp300 but this number is just a stab in the dark.
    3. Your rotation would be: Elemental Rage (destro ult) -> Blockade -> Shards -> spam jabs until you have your ult ready again. Make sure you have the Banish the Wicked passive for crazy ult regen.
    4. I would say at least 17k
    5. Yes, if you have undaunted passives you should have 1 heavy and 1 medium. If using a crafted set, heavy chest and medium legs would be ideal, but otherwise you can just do heavy helm and medium shoulders.
  • thefixerupper
    Thank you so much =D

What other set would you recommend to use along with grothdarr? I was thinking Julianos?
    Edited by thefixerupper on December 10, 2018 10:23PM
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Julianos + Mothers Sorrow is a great all-purpose build for magplars. Burning Spellweave is also great if you're using flame staff backbar.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well just get lighting destro and the ultimate.front bar...... and back bar run 2h with cleave morph that has the shield.. all u have to do is one cleave drop your ulti and cleave and then drop another ulti
    U need the fighter guild passives for the ulti regen. .. i personally would run julianos and that new ulti generation set that gives 5 ulti for evey kill.

Just swap out other skills untill they are all lvled up.

• SirBaldrick
    firedrgn wrote: »
    Well just get lighting destro and the ultimate.front bar...... and back bar run 2h with cleave morph that has the shield.. all u have to do is one cleave drop your ulti and cleave and then drop another ulti
    U need the fighter guild passives for the ulti regen. .. i personally would run julianos and that new ulti generation set that gives 5 ulti for evey kill.

Just swap out other skills untill they are all lvled up.

Do you mean "Dead-Water’s Guile" set? Unfortunately not a great set for magicka.

https://eso-sets.com/set/dead-water-s-guile
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you so much =D

What other set would you recommend to use along with grothdarr? I was thinking Julianos?

You also need sustain. I found Arcane jewelry of https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Vengeance+of+the+Leech+Set
    to be very effective.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    use dodge roll occasionally in the middle of the fight. It will save you at least from 2 hits and mainly from root effects. Other than that spam jabs with light attack after each jab. Combine it with Solar Barrage and Shards both are nice combat openers (when approaching to pack of mobs: precast Solar Barage -> Shard, then Grothdarr proc and BAM - whole place start burning with holy fire instantly applying ton of damage, then jab jab jab).
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You literally only need 3 skills:

- Harness Magicka (just keep spamming it)
    - Destruction staff ultimate
    - Any AOE skills (to build ultimate); Puncturing Sweep and Ritual of Retribution are good since they deal damage and heal

You can safely aggro one entire side of the dungeon, let them surround you, then drop ultimate on them.

Make sure to keep an eye on your stamina though so you can dodge out of being pinned or to break free from stuns (don't sprint through the dungeon, or if you do, then have some green pots ready to restore stamina).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on December 11, 2018 9:18AM
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Puncturing sweeps is your best friend here, deals damage and heals at the same time. Use that with blockade, shards, destro ulti on cooldown and the mobs will melt. Harness/dampen magica for extra survival if you need it. Most sets will do but I would use Grothdarr for AoE on trash packs, then julianos/BSW/mothers sorrow or similar. Many solo magplars prefers rattle cage as well for extra survival and auto major sorcery :)
    EU PC
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I run CP150 julianos with BSW jewellery and weapons. Valkyn monster set (as I never farmed Grothdaar).

Literally drop shards, blockade then jab until shards runs out, since it heals you while doing damage you're pretty safe to agro everything as long as you have enough sustain.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys,

I regulary take guys to level in skyreach on my sorc (no pets as they pull adds) and can say for sure and even on vet , all you need is wall of elements, lightning staff for heavy attack and destro ulti.

Devide the dungion in to 3 sections and pull as many npc to the steps by the first boss (Think its the king sitting on different thrones, next pull all npc to middle of dungion (treasure chest ) finish them off and open chest. Next you spam wall of elements and heavy attack (drop alti when ready).

For the last streach kill the blue bosses around the corner (Focus main one and rest will melt) and then pull npc's last streach of the dungion just before the begining room where you started (bottom of stairs) and finish of with ulti , wall and heavy attack.

Next is the chamber and there ignore adds and focus bone boss, Next the three bosses in room focus boss near pillar first as you enter the room and focus one boss at a time or together they will wipe you. The last boss (Lich on bridge) keep puting down wall, heavy attack and stay out of stupid (alti when ready).

Carefull for ghost as they will fear you and break free can be buggy (this is why you need pots), Use harness or Bone surge during ulti so that you dont whipe when getting snared (Bone will give stronger shields as you will have more heath)

Sets I used was infalible and necro but you can pull it off with julianos and mecanical/ spider cult or your choice or you can go Embershield or Green Pact (Green pack you can buy over the counter and will give you much bigger shields)

Monster set is gothdar (You want aoe damage to assist you to melt adds)

Food is tri stats so that you have enought stam to break free when snare and using bone , magic recovery not that important as you will be heavy attacking most of the time.

Happy farming:)
    PS4 EU
    Lord Etrigan (Former Emperor): PVE High Elf Sorcerer
    Nyssa al Ghul: PVP Nightblade Wood Elf (Ganker)
    Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(
    Achmed-Silence I keel you: PVP Dark Elf Nightblade (Suicide Bomber)
    I'm with stupid: PVP Argonian Magic Temp (Group support and healer).

Guild:
    The Order of Stolas (Founder and Guild Master)

Faction: Aldmeri Dominion

Her Royal Highness Queen Ayrenn Arana wants You for Dominion.
    LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Grothdar
    • Jabs
    • Destro Ult
    • Mind the 90% snares.
    • Mind the fear.
    • Mind the taking aim.
    • Use LoS to force the archers/mages to stack.
    • Repeat.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you have enough stam to break free. Stack mages. Drop ulti.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would add use repentance to all the other things people are saying, basically unlimited heals and stamina to dodge roll.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on December 11, 2018 1:19PM
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Use indomitable fury, that set is pretty great, there are a lot of things that snare or apply CC on you, so that will add up to passive of fighters guild. More ulti, more faster you can do that place.
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey fellow players,

I am trying to find a guide on how to solo skyreach with a templar.

1. I wanted to know what the best gear set (Monster set / other gear sets) that work best for this? (Is Grothdarr's set any good?)
    2. What CP would I need to be at to (pull more effectievly?, the 3 room pulls?)
    3. What are the main abilities you use? (*I think I have em down, but I would like to see what you guys think)
    4. How much health/magika would you say you would need?
    5. Do you guys recommend one heavy and one medium piece of armor? Does it matter which pieces they are?

Thanks!

1. Julianos, Warmaiden/Mother's Sorrow, Iceheart
    2. CP 160
    3. Jabbing Spear spam
    4. 17k health, everything else in Magicka
    5. 5 light, 1 heavy, 1 medium

Mage Templar is one of the easiest (I'd place it as #2) in soloing Skyreach due to that self-heal from spears. Good luck.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jurand80 wrote: »
    Make sure you have enough stam to break free. Stack mages. Drop ulti.

I use trash stam pots for Skyreach. Sustain shouldn't be too hard with all the mag you'll be getting back from killing enemies with destro abilities. I'd even use force pulse and just use honor the dead as your heal.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curious as to why you’re choosing Skyreach to solo, @thefixerupper ... ?

It’s not really a challenging delve going solo. Soloing a group dungeon or vMA has more meat to it. You can also solo the World Bosses in Craglorn for a challenge.

For XP gain, doing Skyreach with another player is optimal XP gain ... solo XP gain is not optimal in Skyreach.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on December 11, 2018 5:21PM
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweeps, Shards, Ritual of Retribution, Solar Barrage, Destro ult. No destro ult yet? Nova or even Crescend Sweep will do.
  • thefixerupper
    I
    Curious as to why you’re choosing Skyreach to solo, @thefixerupper ... ?

It’s not really a challenging delve going solo. Soloing a group dungeon or vMA has more meat to it. You can also solo the World Bosses in Craglorn for a challenge.

For XP gain, doing Skyreach with another player is optimal XP gain ... solo XP gain is not optimal in Skyreach.

I just want to be able to. I know there are better ways for CP. But I felt it was challanging when I first tried it, and wanted to beat it for pure plesure purposes
  • thefixerupper
    Also would mad tinkerer's set be any good since it does AOE damage?

Also thank you for the information guys =D
    Edited by thefixerupper on December 15, 2018 10:09PM