The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to stay alive post level 50.

valusthecateater
valusthecateater
✭✭✭
So I hit level 50 and have been getting into different random dungeons, and I have been dying a lot more than I did prior to level 50. I believe my CP level is around 93-95, but I was in a group doing the White Gold Tower last night and we could not beat the final boss. I imagine my gear is "meh" but it is at least level appropriate. I have not leveled up my alchemy so I may need to work on food, potions, etc. My character is not meta by any means (Breton Stamina Nightblade), but I should be able to stay upright, right...? Any tips would be appreciated.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The DLC dungeons are generally tougher than the base game dungeons, even on normal, so bear that in mind. Also bear in mind that there are mechanics on the last boss in White Gold Tower that, when ignored, will ash you no matter how many CP you have. You can figure it out as you go, but it will be rough, especially on a melee stamina build. Some things to watch out for that I've noticed:
    • That ring around the outside is death. It's instant death. For everybody. The tank - if you have an actual tank - should be taunting the boss and keeping them close to the center so players do not get knocked back into it.
    • If you are melee, you unfortunately have to be up in her face. Every so often she'll spawn these big blue lines of flame. These are also death. Don't walk through them. If you must move through it, roll dodge through it to avoid the damage.
    • She has an invulnerability phase where she's guarded by four minions you must kill to end her invulnerability. These are best taken out at range, because when you finish one, it will explode and do heavy damage.
    • Be mindful of the waves of energy she sends out when she's in the center during that invulnerability phase. They are relatively easy to avoid, but do decent damage, will knock you back, and risk tossing you into that insta-death ring.

The other main enemy playing a stamina nightblade is you might not have good self-heals. Having a proper healer in the team will help a lot with that, but you can also think about gear sets that add some healing or damage mitigation. Still gotta do some of the mechanics, though. =)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you arent using a food or drink buff, it makes things a lot easier. Dubious Camoran Throne for stamina is a solid choice, easily obtainable on guild stores, and it scales from level 1 so you don't have to worry about finding CP 90 to 140 food that you'll outlevel.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    stamina with bad gear survival guide:
    1. Equip an 2h axe
    2. Slot brawler skill
    3. Spam brawler skill
    4. ??????
    5. profit
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rake wrote: »
    stamina with bad gear survival guide:
    1. Equip an 2h axe
    2. Slot brawler skill
    3. Spam brawler skill
    4. ??????
    5. profit

Or, if dual wield, take the healing morphs on twin slashes and rapid strikes. Not ideal for DPS, but pretty good for staying alive without Vigor.
  • valusthecateater
    valusthecateater
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone. I think the outer ring of White Gold Tower is what was doing us in, as we all seemed to be dying about the same time.

I will look into finding the potions mentioned.

I use dual-wield and bow, so I will focus on self-healing.
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you ever have any questions about any dungeon or anything friend/message me in game @ tactx.f3 or character name 'Grr and I'll be happy to help.

Edited by tactx on December 10, 2018 11:14PM
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How to stay alive post level 50
    Gear ...
    You are not scaled to CP160 anymore, which is why you feel so weak. Get to CP160 asap and start looking for good gear.

You completed the introduction part, so: Welcome to the game!
    bye1.gif

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Much of it is paying attention to the NPCs you are in combat with so you can block, dodgeroll or simply move out of the way.

This game is not like many other MMORPGs where all you have to worry about is attacks that are telegraphs, hence get out of red. Much that will kill you is not telegraphs when dealing with trash mobs and even some boss fights.

It takes getting used to especially if one is coming from a game like WoW or FF.

Also, once you hit 50 you lose a lot of HP and more that is slowly replaced as you gain CP. Maybe add a little health via attributes or armor enchants until you are comfortable with survival
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    How to stay alive post level 50
    Gear ...
    You are not scaled to CP160 anymore, which is why you feel so weak. Get to CP160 asap and start looking for good gear.

You completed the introduction part, so: Welcome to the game!
    bye1.gif

This. The amount of weakness you'll feel from CP 0 to CP 160 is real. You may not have known it, but prior to hitting level 50 you were getting a buff that made you feel a lot more "tankier" and survivable than you are feeling now. Get to CP 160 ASAP, get some max level gear and then start doing some of those DLC dungeons. Until then, just grind out some XP at dolmens or random normal dailies.