The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

What is your favorite housing item?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
What item do you like most or has made your house just shine?
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one has given the matter some considerable thought.

The answer would have to be the humble group of common candles.

For without those nothing else could look its best no.

Aside from that the Murkmire hanging shell lanterns are also very lovely.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Breton long counter, They are the base of everything I put at home, from the kitchen to the library and research/alchemy areas.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a couple items I adore:
    • Hanging vines. placed correctly, they're excellent for the perfect "recovered ruins" or "country cottage" look
    • Hlaalu/Dres Lantern, stationary. This is one of the prettiest lights in the game.
    • Khajiit curtains. I use them not just to frame windows, but also in doorways or to frame decorative panels and paintings.
    • Argonian lamppost... absolutely perfect for lighting up a beach getaway.
    • Any of the dividers except maybe Wood Elf. Never underestimate the value of breaking up floor space!
    • Any of the Redguard carpets. Just... any of them.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the moment the Music Box :)
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like things like Cabinet, Poisonmaker's, a furnishing that's filled with lots of other little items but only takes up one slot

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/cabinet-poisonmakers/
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The banker. Without him there my characters just wouldn't be able to live at home.
    PC EU
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Master Angler fishing boat.

I fished a lot for that thing and now I can go fishing in the ocean around Hunding's Palace. Just don't fall overboard, or the slaughterfish will eat you!
  • AngelaWasp
    AngelaWasp
    ✭✭✭
    The Cerulean Spadeleaf and the Aether Cup lighting plants I bought from Zenil Theran, without a doubt.

I never seem to have much gold to spare, but on those weekends that the lighting plants were available, I purchased as many as I could afford. They're definitely my favourite furnishings. They literally make the houses 'shine' :smile:
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I fished a lot for that thing and now I can go fishing in the ocean around Hunding's Palace. Just don't fall overboard, or the slaughterfish will eat you!

I feel inspired...I thought my skyshard trap was good but this is next level.... genius
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like the WARHORNS. They are interactive and the sound made can be heard across the entire property (unless you are inside the house). The Warhorn is a great doorbell.

5XfjmKE.jpg
    Edited by Dojohoda on December 9, 2018 11:28PM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mah Master Angler Fishing boat(s) too :D I use them in all sorts of ways: upside down, some parts only showing, etc
    When housing was made available for PTS, I fell in love with Hunding's (still my favorite house - or, to be accurate, my favorite outdoors) and when I discovered that the only boat available was from the Master Angler achievement, I went on a frenetic fishing spree.
    I tend to prefer achievement furnishings, as they have meaning. I love my Throne(s) of Cyrodiil for example

Other than achievement furnishings, my favorite furnishing has to be that block of dirt with the moving skeleton hand from the Halloween furnishing pack: it's just funny.

Those new damaging plants could earn their spot on my top 5 if they weren't blocked behind a gambling wall :s
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I can pick just one item. I have about 5 top favorites including the bathtub, the Aegis training dummy, Steve the soul shriven cook, the jesters box that makes noise, the counter with the fire in the middle, and the new music box. And then another handful of pretty important other pieces that are just slightly below those top items but not much.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gosh I have so many items I love. It's hard to pick. I'm very big in using atmosphere (lighting, sound fx, and music) to customize. So...
    1. lighting of all sorts but mostly common candles for white light, and daedric candles for blue. I also use common candle quite a bit for animation triggers/toggles.
    2. The scrap metal plates from clockwork city because I love the way they catch and reflect light.
    3. The music box! <3 Please tell ZOS to make more @ZOS_GinaBruno !
    4. Jester trees for a lovely color pop and those gently falling leaves.
    5. Almalexia rugs, carpets, and wall hangings. (Obvi if you've seen any of my housing pics! haha)
    6. The firefly and snow FX from EHT's new FX toolkit!
    Edited by mayasunrising on December 10, 2018 12:08AM
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Alkapton
    Alkapton
    ✭✭✭
    The Alinor Clock.. If I have to pick one item its the clock, but there are so many cool things and combinations of things.

But the clock is awesome. Then so is my Wraith of Crows target dummy who is caretaker and executioner in my place of necromancy.
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Culanda Stone, Glowing
    Varla Stone, Glowing

They are great for adding lighting. Wish I had bought more - watching for when they come around again.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4815274/#Comment_4815274
  • Alkapton
    Alkapton
    ✭✭✭
    For lighting there are (not certain correct name) what look like large crystal shards. I think they come in different colours but the only one I've seen is the red one I picked up fishing over a year ago. Permanent red light, which when placed inside a stone statue creates amazingly daedric look. I'd love to figure a way to get more of them..
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point definitely Alinor Fountain, Timeworn - because running water! ^^ To be honest, with me one mostly does not see much of its original shape any more *cough* ^^

@smacx250:
    According to this source (if they go on like this) both should return january/february.
    Edited by Sturmfaenger on December 10, 2018 5:46AM
    PC/EU
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    smacx250 wrote: »
    Culanda Stone, Glowing
    Varla Stone, Glowing

They are great for adding lighting. Wish I had bought more - watching for when they come around again.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4815274/#Comment_4815274

These would be pretty in a garden.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would have to say the Imperial fountain (for which I’m very thankful zos finally gave us one in working order)
    However, the Elder Scroll has been one of my other favorite pieces as well...I also worked hard for that one and I love the lighting effects. B)
    Edited by Delphinia on December 10, 2018 6:20AM
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am still amused by the jesters box that pops open with a sound that reminds me of opening lunchboxes in Fallout.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was pointed out to me that the Breton Urn, Striated, is just the right size to sit on, and it has been an integral part of every bathroom since.
  • DR4GONFL1
    DR4GONFL1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love he Augur of the Obscure collectible....

I think the alinor lighting would of been the best but can't even see it at the Psijic Villa with no night time :{
    However i use mostly alinor lighting at my Colossal Alder Grotto but would really like to see the light posts at night.

Agree with BlackSparrow the Hlaalu Lanterns are nice (very pirate kinda of looking) I added some to the dock at the grotto which work really well.
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    My skyshards light the entrance to my villa. A beautiful reason to do that achievement.
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    3 items:
    - Monster head plaque, reversed (with monster head going into the wall its just a wooden slate with a border if you use lord warden sized ones)
    - 2 hachets, crisscrossed

My "Coat of Arms" that I put in every house.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Azriael2
    Azriael2
    ✭✭✭
    Vines, vines and vines!
    "Rise, red as the dawn."
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resplendent Sweetroll!
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The transmutation point banner, because it is our perfect guild banner!

Screenshot_20181211_031459.png

Next, the (regular rare) high elf tapestries.
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Vossa-satl! oh wait :(
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It changes based on the build.

This week...

Ball of Yarn. A free Khajiit skeletons magnet. Well, eventually skeletons...

Culanda and Varla stones. Most things are situational, Culanda and Varla are forever(ything).

• Dont_do_drugs
    Dont_do_drugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the blue psijiik quest skull. i have it in every house.

Get Stuff like this (but not this stuff)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"I have too admit. People leading trade guilds in this game are quite stupid. Not stupid like fools, but stupid like leaders.
    They can only bla-bla and waste gold on feeding their ego. I am disappointed."

Egal, wie gut du Schach spielst, die Taube wird alle Figuren umwerfen, auf das Brett kacken und herumstolzieren, als hätte sie gewonnen.

Arkadius Trade Tools
    Modular framework, now open for authors who want to add own tabs.

My Donation (Arkadius' Trade Tools Addon)
    First external ATT tab contribution.

Port to Friend's House Addon
    Check out the new Port to Friend's House library and port to contributers houses:
    Deutsch | English