The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Laugh at me if you will, but.......

• lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    After four and a half years, I can finally solo some of these dungeons! I had been trying and trying but all I did was die so I gave up for a while. In the last week or so, I have solo'd Fungal Grotto 1, Spindleclutch 1, Banished Cells 1, Darkshade Caverns 1, and Crypt of Hearts 1. I am soooo proud of myself! LOL!

No laughing here, that's a nice accomplishment :) Congrats man
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats and no laughing. I still can't get past the very first enemies in a dungeon. I know what you are feeling, I hope to get that feeling one day. :)
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awesome! I've only recently discovered that my main was able to solo the normal dungeons. Most days I dont feel like PUGs, so I just solo the daily pledges.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    Congrats and no laughing. I still can't get past the very first enemies in a dungeon. I know what you are feeling, I hope to get that feeling one day. :)

Don't give up, @Davor! I was convinced that I couldn't do it and gave up for a long time. It was the last event that got me to try again. I wanted the event tickets without having to count on other people which is what got me back in the dungeons solo. As someone else in this thread said, persistance DOES pay off.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be awesome if they had some achievements and titles for soloing dungeons.
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congrat OP! Also glad to see the overwhelming support here. Easily the most positive thread on ESO forums I've seen lately!
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After four and a half years, I can finally solo some of these dungeons! I had been trying and trying but all I did was die so I gave up for a while. In the last week or so, I have solo'd Fungal Grotto 1, Spindleclutch 1, Banished Cells 1, Darkshade Caverns 1, and Crypt of Hearts 1. I am soooo proud of myself! LOL!

I know some of you will find this laughable because those dungeons are a piece of cake for you. Go ahead and laugh at me......I can take it. My main is a magplar so I should, at least, be able to stay alive, right? But I struggled for so long!

What are some other dungeons that are good to run solo?

Nothing to laugh at man. That's quite the accomplishment. Awesome job!
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thrain wrote: »

I know some of you will find this laughable because those dungeons are a piece of cake for you. Go ahead and laugh at me......I can take it. My main is a magplar so I should, at least, be able to stay alive, right? But I struggled for so long!

Why should anybody laugh about it?
    You are getting better and as you told us youre proud of yourself isnt that all that counts?

At the beginning till v13 i played a dk with dualwield and shockstaff and on top of that i didnt know anything
    Now im cp 1000+ and i killed valkyn skoria yesterday alone in vcoa2

Its all about practice and things you need to know
    Keep going as you do^^

I guess I thought people would laugh because it took me so long to get here! But in my defense, I am almost 70 and have limited use of my hands. Rotations and constant weapon swapping are almost impossible for me.

But, yeah, I was jumping up and down, yelling "I did it! I did it! I did it!" like a little kid. lol

And, thank you everyone for being so supportive.

Oh I know that feeling! I think that’s precisely what we’re constantly seeking in a game like this. No matter how long it took us to get there! ^^b
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't find it laughable at all. Sometimes it just takes a while for things to click, or for you to find a groove that works for you. Congrats! :)
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »

Don't give up, @Davor! I was convinced that I couldn't do it and gave up for a long time. It was the last event that got me to try again. I wanted the event tickets without having to count on other people which is what got me back in the dungeons solo. As someone else in this thread said, persistance DOES pay off.

This sounds similar to me too! I've never solo"d a group dungeon until doing so at FG1 during this recent Undaunted Event to get tickets. This thread has inspired me to try those other dungeons you have completed!
    Edited by Darkhorse1975 on December 10, 2018 6:47AM
    Master Craftsman!
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    Stratloc wrote: »
    You can easily add Elden Hollow 1 to that bunch. Also Vaults of Madness is great fun and not hard. Blackheart Haven and Blessed Crucible are also absolutely doable. Oh, and Volenfell!

Last boss on Blackheart can be a pain because of the skeleton polymorph he does.

Yeah, I never managed to solo this one. Anyone has tips for the last boss if I go in solo?
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grats! Isn’t it thrilling? I always take a bunch of screenshots standing over the last boss lol

I used to solo Elden Hollow 1, after a series of nerfs it’s was almost a whole year before I tried it again. Just did Darkshade Caverns for the first time myself on my new stamdk

I won’t laugh at you, it’s not easy building a character that can deal damage, take damage and heal themselves.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Aurayna
    Aurayna
    ✭✭✭
    I am not laughing .. so far I have not managed to solo a dungeon although my Nord is a cp435

I guess its the mechanics I have to get to grip with !

Well done you !! I would be chuffed as well
    PC - EU
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some others you might want to try are Vaults of Madness, City of Ash 1, Arx Corinium, Blessed Crucible...
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why would I laugh at you?

I would laugh at you if you would rush like a madman into some mobs and insta-die. Yes, I've seen many maniacs do this.

What you describe is the constant use of reason, mechanics and preparation in your favour. Something that many people acknowledge in general and appreciate in case they team up with you. At least they should.

giphy-downsized-large.gif
  • kathandira
    kathandira
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations! It is great to challenge yourself to see if you can break your current ceiling. Well done! Keep it up!
    PS4-NA. Breton Templar Healer, Bosmer Stamplar, Breton Magplar, Orsimer StamDK, Dunmer MagDK, Khajiit StamNB, Dunmer MagNB, Argonian Warden Tank, Altmer Magsorc
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! Any non DLC dungeon that doesn't have mechanics to stop solo play can be soloed fairly easily on normal after you gain some experience with them.
    There are even some you can do on Vet that aren't too bad but are far more challenging than normal mode.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congrats OP!
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats OP! Its not laughable at all and it also kind of depends on your class - at least in my opinon. There is a huge difference soloing (we are talking about normal dungoens not vet right?) dungeons with my stamDK and my StamSorc. Even tho the damage of my stamsorc is quite low compared to my stamDK he can literally fly through any normal dungeons without problems, self heal and aoe damage is insane. Doing the same dungeons with my stamDK takes quite a bit more skill and effort and is certainly not as easy as with a sorc.
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonstar Arena is fun to solo, give it a shot
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congrats, there should be an actual achievement for soloing these dungeons. I've been able to do a few of these with my StamTemplar, but it goes kind of slow because... tank build. I've started doing them with my StamSorc, they go faster but with less tolerance for mistakes.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    Stratloc wrote: »
    You can easily add Elden Hollow 1 to that bunch. Also Vaults of Madness is great fun and not hard. Blackheart Haven and Blessed Crucible are also absolutely doable. Oh, and Volenfell!

Last boss on Blackheart can be a pain because of the skeleton polymorph he does.

Yeah, I never managed to solo this one. Anyone has tips for the last boss if I go in solo?

Being in werewolf form for the captain is the only way I know to avoid being turned into a skeleton while solo.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tempest Island is also soloable and not too hard.
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OMG, congratulations! <3

I haven't yet pulled up my big girl panties to try FG1 yet. Maybe I'll give it a shot tomorrow. And probably get pasted to the wall...
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done! Now to do the tougher ones! It's a lot of fun testing your build(s) and your own skill level soloing dungeons.

Darkshade 2 and City of Ash 2 are tough but a lot of fun to solo. As others have posted it seems impossible to solo some of these dungeons with mechanics designed to prevent it but.....some can be soloed. For example Scalecaller Peak. Yes, it can be soloed. Or at least it use to be. ZOS may have put in place something to prevent it but not sure.

All in all you've kicked butt! Well done!
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We all started somewhere. For someone who has never solo'd one before, knocking out the first three pack plus a second and third zone dungeon is a pretty good start.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaults of Madness was my first and still my favorite to run solo. Congrats :)

It's my favorite too. That was the very first dungeon I ever soloed, as well as being the first dungeon I ever completed.

@Hippie4927 - Congrats! Job well done! :)
    Edited by Maryal on December 10, 2018 4:30PM
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you run Maelstrom Arena if you like solo'ing content? Makes more sense (since you can only run it solo anyways) and the rewards are better
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congrats man! This really is a reason to be proud of yourself. That took a lot of dedication and hard work, and those are both admirable things. Don't let other people's negativity get you down. A lot of the people who poo on other people's accomplishments have been gaming forever now, so they feel like everyone should already be on a certain skill level (ie. the same as them). They tend to forget that not all of us come from a strong gaming background and many of us are just now learning how this whole things works (I don't think my years of hammering through Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros games count). The rest (a relatively small minority) are just bitter, angry people who need everyone else to be bitter and miserable.

Keep at it!

PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jainiadral wrote: »
    OMG, congratulations! <3

I haven't yet pulled up my big girl panties to try FG1 yet. Maybe I'll give it a shot tomorrow. And probably get pasted to the wall...

If you do get pasted to the wall, don't give up. That's what I did for a long time and then when I decided to go in there and try again, I was doing the same stupid things I did the first time and dying just like the first time. So I stopped and rethought my strategy. Instead of going at the bosses with hard-hitting DPS and running out of magicka so that I couldn't heal myself, I started going at them with only thoughts of keeping my magicka up and always being able to heal. For me, that was the winning strategy. It takes longer to burn the boss but staying alive is key. :)
    Why don't you run Maelstrom Arena if you like solo'ing content? Makes more sense (since you can only run it solo anyways) and the rewards are better

I have run Maelstrom on normal. I am working on Vet and not doing very well but not giving up, either.
    p00tx wrote: »
    Congrats man! This really is a reason to be proud of yourself. That took a lot of dedication and hard work, and those are both admirable things. Don't let other people's negativity get you down. A lot of the people who poo on other people's accomplishments have been gaming forever now, so they feel like everyone should already be on a certain skill level (ie. the same as them). They tend to forget that not all of us come from a strong gaming background and many of us are just now learning how this whole things works (I don't think my years of hammering through Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros games count). The rest (a relatively small minority) are just bitter, angry people who need everyone else to be bitter and miserable.

Keep at it!

TBH, I expected a lot of negativity in this thread and have been pleasantly surprised that there really isn't any negativity. Everyone has been awesomely supportive and that encourages me to keep going. This is the first and only MMO I have ever played so I had no experience, at all. But I can kick butt in Super Mario! lol

Thank you, everyone, for your encouragement and support! Today, I am off to give Volenfell a try (I need those keys). :p

PC/NA/EP ✌️