Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vampires need update

Strykerous
Strykerous
✭✭✭
To be honest Being a vampire is great in eso. Been a vampire ever since I started playing. First off, when you feed on a pve/pvp character they used to be stunned, why did they stop that? And second off, why not go more realistic where you can see the vampire bite necks as opposed to blood flowing towards you? Finally, Vampires need some much needed change as far as abilities goes. For example, maybe an ability where you can teleport to a player in combat and use your fangs to siphon the life out of them. Second, an ability where you you can make it rain blood or if you want to go Nosferatu style, how about the ability where you can grow claws and wings or even better, have an ultimate option where you can turn into like a vampiric gargoyle of some kind and change the bat skills to a regular ability even if you have to nerf the bats to do so. My last skill suggestion is that the person playing as vampire can have the ability to teleport to each player in the room/area, and deal an x amount of magic damage to each player and gain x health for each player hit.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And on fire during the day
  • Gatviper
    Gatviper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Strykerous wrote: »
    First off, when you feed on a pve/pvp character they used to be stunned, why did they stop that?
    Because you can stun players with that in Cyrodiil. Probably many PvPers complained, as usual, and that got changed. Say "Thanks" to PvP people.
    Life is a ride, like days in a train, cities rush by, like ghosts in the night.
    The rhythm of wheels, time fades away, stations of a journey, destination unknown.
  • forwardbias83
    forwardbias83
    ✭✭✭
    They should add something to the crown store as an adornment. That makes it look like you just bit someone at the alter. But a perm effect...

40539704_10156628416402520_756578306169503744_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-1.fna&oh=c33f353d160eeeda30821b2255244798&oe=5CA6C02D

But a higher quality blood effect not so pixelated. Running around with my pale white vampire goth/zombie orc. Blood running down my mouth and on my chest.

For abilities. Perhaps a stone gargoyle skill, where you gain an increase to defense, but a reduction in movement speed for x amount of time. Turn to stone making you more resistant to damage, but a penalty to movement speed. Or you spread your wings to make a flying leap to either evade, or close in on an enemy.

Might be something for a vampire themed DLC.

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gatviper wrote: »
    First off, when you feed on a pve/pvp character they used to be stunned, why did they stop that?
    Because you can stun players with that in Cyrodiil. Probably many PvPers complained, as usual, and that got changed. Say "Thanks" to PvP people.

"Thanks!" /facepalm The first few times this happened I was just like WTF? Yet again we "lame" PvE folk get hit with the nerf bat to appease the PvP crowd. Now mind you, this isn't actually their fault. It's the fault of ZO$ who either can't figure out PvP at all or can't figure out that PvP and PvE really are 2 separate games and abilities should change accordingly so that PvE isn't constantly being hurt in order to "improve" PvP.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also yes, vampires in general need an overhaul. With the Blade of Woe we know we COULD have an awesome feeding animation now instead of the painfully stupid garden hose of blood we've been stuck with forever.

Give us the option to toggle off the damn vampire skin.

Give us the gap closer all the NPC vamps have.

Let mistform last longer and mitigate fall damage.

Invisibility please.

For fun cash shop stuff:
    cloud of bats like the murder of crows we got awhile back.
    bat pet!
    bats like the ones in the caves of DB as housing decorations
    A set that procs bats like the one that procs crows would be nice too!
    A vampire personality that isn't ridiculous and over the top like so many of the others are.

• bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have two vampires, but so far, I am unable to comment on the skills because it is taking f o r e v e r to level the skill-line.
    I haven't even hit level two with either of them yet.

But yeah, the "garden hose" effect of draining a victim looks weird, and it feels even more off-kilter to be able to run around without any problem during daylight hours.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest Being a vampire is great in eso. Been a vampire ever since I started playing. First off, when you feed on a pve/pvp character they used to be stunned, why did they stop that? And second off, why not go more realistic where you can see the vampire bite necks as opposed to blood flowing towards you? Finally, Vampires need some much needed change as far as abilities goes. For example, maybe an ability where you can teleport to a player in combat and use your fangs to siphon the life out of them. Second, an ability where you you can make it rain blood or if you want to go Nosferatu style, how about the ability where you can grow claws and wings or even better, have an ultimate option where you can turn into like a vampiric gargoyle of some kind and change the bat skills to a regular ability even if you have to nerf the bats to do so. My last skill suggestion is that the person playing as vampire can have the ability to teleport to each player in the room/area, and deal an x amount of magic damage to each player and gain x health for each player hit.

If I remember correctly they changed Clouding Swarm to do just that: teleport to the player and deal damage. I don't believe it drains health though. But it's been awhile since I used it.

You could wear Earth Gore if you want to make it "rain blood".

I like your idea to allow Vampires to turn into a "vampiric gargoyles". That sounds cool. I'm definitely on board with that. But generally speaking, these are not the kind of changes I believe the Vampire needs.

The Vampire's foundation and original design is solid. I believe its purpose was to give magicka-based characters an effective skill line for PvP. That seems to me what the focus of their abilities were (they are generally almost useless for PvE). The problem is - as usual - the combat developers came along and nerfed their abilities into mediocrity in the name of "balance". Or as I like to describe it - they met a vampire they couldn't kill in PvP so decided it needed to be nerfed.

So to fix Vampires all they would have to do is simply revert them back to their original form. But then again, most problems with this game's combat options could be fixed that way. All these stupid and endless "nerfs" have done is water down the game play and make it less interesting and fun to play. It hasn't made anything more "balanced". If I was the skill designer of this game I would be getting really fed up with the lead combat design continuously ruining all my hard work. But judging by how underwhelming the Psiijic Order Skill line was it appears to me they have already quit or been fired anyway.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 10, 2018 11:16AM
  • donmuerte
    donmuerte
    ✭✭
    isn't there a passive that makes the feed stun your target? also, bat swarm has a morph that allows you to click a second time while it's active to teleport to your target.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Also yes, vampires in general need an overhaul. With the Blade of Woe we know we COULD have an awesome feeding animation now instead of the painfully stupid garden hose of blood we've been stuck with forever.

Invisibility please.

For fun cash shop stuff:
    cloud of bats like the murder of crows we got awhile back.
    bat pet!
    bats like the ones in the caves of DB as housing decorations
    A set that procs bats like the one that procs crows would be nice too!
    A vampire personality that isn't ridiculous and over the top like so many of the others are.

Vampire polymorph too
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    donmuerte wrote: »
    isn't there a passive that makes the feed stun your target? also, bat swarm has a morph that allows you to click a second time while it's active to teleport to your target.

I *think* it's the first passive; it stuns for three (or maybe it's five, since the "Drain Esseance" skill that you start with already stuns them for three) seconds and sets them off-balance for an additional five seconds.
    If I'm remembering correctly.
  • Sendrik
    Sendrik
    ✭✭✭
    Ive been playing as a vampire for months and i loved it.
    Loved the pale skin and red eyes,the mist form,the need to drink blood....i liked the style and,,feel''of playing a vampire.
    But since im a stamina DD,being a vampire was absolutely useless for me.
    I think you could have some use for the passives or mist form if youre more the tanky stamina type,but i didnt have much use for it,besides using mist form to get out of dangerous situations sometimes,but thats all.
    So,sadly,i became a werewolf and noticed a HUGE difference,i felt much stronger as a rank 1/10 werewolf with no skills unlocked,than i felt as a vampire,using the vampire active and passive skills,at rank 10.
    Tried to make the best out of it.....i kinda like being a ww now,but i often think about my time as a vampire :/

I dont know much about the use of being a vampire with a magicka build since i only play stamina characters,but nothing about the vampires skill tree screamed,,uh,i totally want that if im going to make a magicka char!''
    I often see vampires in pvp but they never made me feel like im missing out on something really useful or cool.

So i agree,vampires need to feel more powerful and they need more,,style''.
    When i think of a vampire,i dont exactly think of a mage(despite vampires being able to use magic),more like a powerful monster with inhuman strenght and speed when it comes to combat,and a somewhat elegant and classy behavior.
    But its clear that eso is going after a different route and wanted the vampire to be more of a magicka friendly thing,contrary to their ww counterparts.
    Still,some fancy teleport attacks where you punch or bite someone,would be really cool,or a transformation....or just a cooler feeding animation.
    On the other side,there is a werewolf themed DLC,a werewolf polymorph and other cool stuff.
    A wanderers way never ends.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sendrik wrote: »
    Loved the pale skin and red eyes,the mist form,the need to drink blood....i liked the style and,,feel''of playing a vampire.
    I think you could have some use for the passives or mist form if youre more the tanky stamina type,but i didnt have much use for it,besides using mist form to get out of dangerous situations sometimes,but thats all.
    So,sadly,i became a werewolf and noticed a HUGE difference,i felt much stronger as a rank 1/10 werewolf with no skills unlocked,than i felt as a vampire,using the vampire active and passive skills,at rank 10.
    Tried to make the best out of it.....i kinda like being a ww now,but i often think about my time as a vampire :/

I dont know much about the use of being a vampire with a magicka build since i only play stamina characters,but nothing about the vampires skill tree screamed,,uh,i totally want that if im going to make a magicka char!''
    I often see vampires in pvp but they never made me feel like im missing out on something really useful or cool.

When i think of a vampire,i dont exactly think of a mage(despite vampires being able to use magic),more like a powerful monster with inhuman strenght and speed when it comes to combat,and a somewhat elegant and classy behavior.
    But its clear that eso is going after a different route and wanted the vampire to be more of a magicka friendly thing,contrary to their ww counterparts.
    Still,some fancy teleport attacks where you punch or bite someone,would be really cool,or a transformation....or just a cooler feeding animation.
    On the other side,there is a werewolf themed DLC,a werewolf polymorph and other cool stuff.

As a mag sorc I literally use NONE of my vampire skills and keep myself at Stage One fro the better fire resist. Why be a vampire then? Because I want to be, mostly for the same reasons you describe. It's got a fun vibe...but really zero utility outside of PvP... and there are plenty of players who think it's not so great for that either.

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest Being a vampire is great in eso. Been a vampire ever since I started playing. First off, when you feed on a pve/pvp character they used to be stunned, why did they stop that?
    Prolly because PvP. On the other hand, they also changed much of the extra damage fighters guild skills did to PC vampires, so...
    And second off, why not go more realistic where you can see the vampire bite necks as opposed to blood flowing towards you?
    Because back at the time, they did not have the rating to dare do "murder-closeups" like assassins get to indulge in.
    But now, well...
    Indeed, and would it not be nifty to have vampires who also join the dark brotherhood combine both into one attack that both assassinates and feeds, so you don't get the wrong one if your target takes a step at an unfortunate moment?
    Toggle off - Nah!
    But an option to -hide- it under certain circumstances, to "masquerade" as mortal, just like count Ravenwatch does when we first encounter that one... that would be a good thing!

I imagine a toggleable skill that would lover your appearance by one "stage", so at a well fed stage one a vampire would indeed appear mortal... at the cost of one skill slot, which should put things into perspective for all the "You vamped, now look the bloody part!" arguments.

And then... some good reason to use it! Like I often say, a "discovery chance" depending on your vampirism stage, 20% at stage 1, 40% at 2, 80% at 3 and automatic at stage 4; with all the "civilian" NPCs reacting unfavorably - vendors and quest givers will refuse to do business with the "bloodsucking fiends" and cry for the guard, justice guards will attack, etc. (same for werewolves that transform in front of mortals, of course)

And then... maybe a special vampire-only location where they can socialize, relax and sip from some "pomme-de-sang" NPCs, use vampire-themed crafting stations, relax in blood-filled bathtub and buy vampire themed gear, etc. (maybe expend the instance you go to for your initiation quest into a full fledged vampy social area similar to the dark brotherhood sanctuary?)
    Finally, Vampires need some much needed change as far as abilities goes. For example, maybe an ability where you can teleport to a player in combat and use your fangs to siphon the life out of them.
    Like...
    ...that one? As has been mentioned, NPC bloodfiends all have it, and its no different then a certain nightblade skill, so... I really see no reason vampires should not have it, yes?
    Second, an ability where you you can make it rain blood or if you want to go Nosferatu style, how about the ability where you can grow claws and wings or even better, have an ultimate option where you can turn into like a vampiric gargoyle of some kind and change the bat skills to a regular ability even if you have to nerf the bats to do so.
    Nah.
    Raining blood? That's your food, you fool!
    Grow claws? Been done for the lycantropes.
    Vampire Lord ultimate? For one, a different bloodline, for another, werewolves have the "transform into battle form as ultimate" shtick, don't copy the beasts, rise above them! :p;)
    (although, they could make it a costume, like the werewolf lord)

And working wings in any case would be iffy with the game system, so better never go there much...
    My last skill suggestion is that the person playing as vampire can have the ability to teleport to each player in the room/area, and deal an x amount of magic damage to each player and gain x health for each player hit.
    Eh. We have devouring bat swarms, and we have nightblade essense sappings for the "drain health from a room full of people" thing. No further skill needed, really...
    Good idea! Maybe even have it as a toggle - continous magica drain while active, toggle on and off as you like. And definitely add the falling damage mitigration, actually, make it immune to falling damage as long as you maintain mist form until you hit the ground... and maybe make the falling speed slower because "mist" (which would mean you would risk running out of magica to maintain your mist form on longer drops, making it a gamble)
    Invisibility please.
    Not generally part of the vampire skillset, they are stealthy, bot not usually invisible. Nightblade does however mesh very well with vampy skills...
    For fun cash shop stuff:...
    ...and if they can do it, a "bat swarm transformation" mount that only works for vampires!
    (and while they're at it, a "direwolf transformation" mount that in the same way works for werewolves)

I for one also would like to see some skill to "charm" civilian NPCs for feeding without them calling the guard (make both the charming and the feeding part of the skill? Leaving the NPC in question dazed yet alive at the end... of course, witnesses would still call the guard...). And possibly some vampire daily quests (to gain extra vampy advancement for those of little patience) like "sneak into that manor and put the bite on that nobles nubile descendant", much like the TG/DB dailies... sneaking past guards, dodging garlic traps that pull you out of stealth through retching, charm the victim and leave them for their parent to find half-drained as a warning not to mess with a vampire clan or somesuch fluff, etc.

And definitely some alchemically treated vials to store blood in if you feed at full, for later consumption...

And a steep reduction in swimming speed, to make vampires avoid "running water" for "clichè" reasons...

Maybe even an inability to use food buffs, yet add special vampy-effects drink recipes made with -actual- blood (the one from the vial mentioned above?)
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP perspective. If you enjoy being a VD proc with the increased flame damage or taking 20% more damage from dawnbreakers then sure vamp is great. It all comes down to if the passives and mistform are even worth it for pvp. I only slot it if I absolutely need mistform like on my bomber. Even there I may decide to revert back to just using cloak
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only change a vampire needs is aversion to sunlight. All vampires should suffer a heavy penalty to operate in the daytime. Until that is included I see no reason to make vampirism any more powerful than it already is.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    how about making tattoos and body paint visible? like 90% of markings are washed out or don't show up at all.
  • Gatviper
    Gatviper
    ✭✭✭✭
    In solo games being a vampire was something special, with clear benefits and drawbacks. Usually awesome because special. In ESO it just feels kind of slightly trown in addition without much thought, just to keep true to solo games. Which it in no way is. The irony.
    The rhythm of wheels, time fades away, stations of a journey, destination unknown.
  • nerfworthy
    nerfworthy
    ✭✭✭
    how about making tattoos and body paint visible? like 90% of markings are washed out or don't show up at all.

Came here to say this... my #1 problem with vampirism. I can't even use any of my cool body marking or tattoos because they fade out into nothing against my vampiric skin!
    MagWarden main and a Dunmer enthusiast!
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gatviper wrote: »

"Thanks!" /facepalm The first few times this happened I was just like WTF? Yet again we "lame" PvE folk get hit with the nerf bat to appease the PvP crowd. Now mind you, this isn't actually their fault. It's the fault of ZO$ who either can't figure out PvP at all or can't figure out that PvP and PvE really are 2 separate games and abilities should change accordingly so that PvE isn't constantly being hurt in order to "improve" PvP.

Funny how you can read such nonsense and so easily jump on it like its fact. That person has no damn clue what they are talking about but its so easy to blame pvp :D Never had something more ridiculous than someone thinking vampire feeding stunning in PVP was reason for change
    Edited by SodanTok on December 10, 2018 4:58PM
  • Gatviper
    Gatviper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you ever tried it even? Maybe it's you who has no damn clue what you're talking about. I've seen people complaining about it in Cyrodiil. When PvP people complain about it, PvE people usually have to bear the weight of nerfs.
    Edited by Gatviper on December 10, 2018 5:11PM
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nerfworthy wrote: »

Came here to say this... my #1 problem with vampirism. I can't even use any of my cool body marking or tattoos because they fade out into nothing against my vampiric skin!
    God same, I’ve removed the tattoos and try to hide the vampirism with the Mind-Shriven skin. Currently I'm trying to get the Soul-Shriven skin so I can hide it that way.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Toggle off - Nah!
    But an option to -hide- it under certain circumstances, to "masquerade" as mortal, just like count Ravenwatch does when we first encounter that one... that would be a good thing!

I noticed just the other day that you CAN hide the fact that you're a vampire by equipping a disguise.
    I was running Stros M'Kai the other day for shards with one of my alts (who is one of my vamps), and I equipped a Seadrake disguise that I had on-hand from running the Stros quests, earlier. I wanted to be able to just sneak into that southern-most town where a shard is located without any fuss, so I thought, "Why not? That's what the disguise was for in the first place."

I didn't realize before I put it on that it would hide the vampire visuals, but it did, so that came as a surprise.
    Edited by bearbelly on December 10, 2018 5:43PM
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like your ideas. The reason for the stun removal was duos.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sendrik wrote: »

I disagree, there is nothing like bat swarm for a heavy armor magicka build in PvP to increase survivability if run over by a zerg, your survival time increases to about 8 seconds...lol
  • Sendrik
    Sendrik
    ✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    I disagree, there is nothing like bat swarm for a heavy armor magicka build in PvP to increase survivability if run over by a zerg, your survival time increases to about 8 seconds...lol

Oh,in that case... ;)
    A wanderers way never ends.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »
    I noticed just the other day that you CAN hide the fact that you're a vampire by equipping a disguise.
    Indeed, and a disguise will also often override other equipped skins. Not sure if always, there might be disguises that don't, but so far I have seen it happen every time a certain alt of mine goes for the sneaky approach...
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never made a vampire, and a big part of the reason is appearance. If I felt I absolutely had to, I'd probably pick some heavy armor costume (or outfit) that completely hides my character's face.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think vampire may be better design likes werewolf condition to gain much powerful abilities .
  • Strykerous
    Strykerous
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you guys for the replies. I haven’t heard about the Earth Gore set till now and it sounds like it would make the vampires look like they have an interesting ability lol. Will be looking to get it once I find out where it is. Thank you everyone for the suggestions.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »
    Toggle off - Nah!

I was running Stros M'Kai the other day for shards with one of my alts (who is one of my vamps), and I equipped a Seadrake disguise that I had on-hand from running the Stros quests, earlier. I wanted to be able to just sneak into that southern-most town where a shard is located without any fuss, so I thought, "Why not? That's what the disguise was for in the first place."

I didn't realize before I put it on that it would hide the vampire visuals, but it did, so that came as a surprise.

That's actually a bug (it wasn't always like that) that we've begged them NOT to fix. LOL