The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

vcr on a stam

webrgesner
webrgesner
✭✭✭✭
Has anyone done this on stam? when i watch youtube videos its all magblade dps :/
And in craglorn people type "lf 50k plus magblade vcr"
i want to see a clip of a stam character playing this on vet +3
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vcr and Vas are magika biased.
  • royo
    royo
    ✭✭✭
    It can be done but magblades and magplars are safer and about the same dps since it's hard to make relequen work. We gave up on stam in there in our score group but if you don't care about vitality and just want to get a clear on your stam toons, it can be done if everyone else does most of the mechanics and you stick on the minis.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    webrgesner wrote: »
    Has anyone done this on stam? when i watch youtube videos its all magblade dps :/
    And in craglorn people type "lf 50k plus magblade vcr"
    i want to see a clip of a stam character playing this on vet +3

Yes you can do it with stam characters, though not everyone streams that plays the game, so I can't offer you a video.

We have stam builds in our group, we are working on +3 still, but have done various +1s. We've done HMs of every other trial including VAS+2 with stam-builds as part of the group. (And the issues we've had rarely have anything to do with a build being stam or mag). We have never done the meta thing of making everyone roll whatever the meta class is or used mag blades for all the passive healing.

If you are in a group that is going for world's best score all the time, then it might make sense for doing an entirely meta group. If you just want to learn the trials and complete them easily enough once you know them (and still do more than well enough for a score for a weekly), then no, you do not have to play one certain build over another unless you personally have some sort of issues with doing damage or surviving in whatever that build may be.

I think for random pug groups its also just a safety net. It's easier healing a bunch of players that have their own passive hots going the whole fight, which means the healers can focus more on buffs and synergies. And having all that passive mag blade healing (even if it is only to self now) still gives you a little wiggle room for not having everything perfectly down in the trial. Also, if you are doing the downstairs, you gotta keep your vigor rolling the whole time b/c you won't have a healer downstairs with you, so self healing is all you have down there or help from others trying to kill crystals - and if downstairs fails, then it's a group wipe.

Much of the time it is just down to what builds are safest to get the job done with more than just 'has to be this build' in order to do it.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its just not suited for stam my friend.. theres other trials where stam is more preferable ( i remember we did a 6 stam 2 mag dps for VHOF and we got a really good score
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have done vCR+0, vAS+0 and vAS+1 on a stam nightblade. No video sorry.
    I would like to progress further with the stamblade but its hard to find groups that arent doing leaderboard pushes. As stated above, those groups usually want the meta built team of all magblades. I am constantly being told to bring a magblade....its annoying as hell because I dont do any better on the magblade than on the stamblade honestly. They both die about the same and Im usually in the middle of the pack with deaths.

Generally the other reason they want magblades in vCR is downstairs can be really rough on a stamina character
    So it can cause an issue with a backup if one of the designated DPS teams dies down there and you need to send a replacement.

IMO if you can learn to do those on a stamina character it will make you a much better player.
    As stam, you HAVE to know the mechanics and anticpate them to avoid them. You also have to be ready to dodge all the time because you dont usually have a sheild or shield skill to save you
    Edited by Katahdin on December 9, 2018 5:22AM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue with vCR (and vAS is ranged works better at keeping up the damage while moving. There is a lot of movement required in both trials. Bow/bow builds are still pretty lame for ranged DPS except for maybe a warden.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you aren't a score-pusher, stam is perfectly fine there. You have to rely on more of your self heals though.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • webrgesner
    webrgesner
    ✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    I would like to progress further with the stamblade but its hard to find groups that arent doing leaderboard pushes. As stated above, those groups usually want the meta built team of all magblades. I am constantly being told to bring a magblade....its annoying as hell because I dont do any better on the magblade than on the stamblade honestly. They both die about the same and Im usually in the middle of the pack with deaths.

Generally the other reason they want magblades in vCR is downstairs can be really rough on a stamina character
    So it can cause an issue with a backup if one of the designated DPS teams dies down there and you need to send a replacement.

IMO if you can learn to do those on a stamina character it will make you a much better player.
    As stam, you HAVE to know the mechanics and anticpate them to avoid them. You also have to be ready to dodge all the time because you dont usually have a sheild or shield skill to save you

I was doing vas on my stamnb and i only died once. and if i have to kite its easy to always have coltrops, endless hail, and poison inject up at all times and sometimes my bow proc. I agree with you. ive tried magblade and i cant survive for crap or sustain. unlike stamblade i can block more, dodge roll and i have my own heal which is vigor and stam has more ressistance than mag, and funny thing is that ive only done vas like 5 times on vet and i was the only stam and everyone was dying... when i only died once that run so i dont think people know what theyre talking about when they say "only mag" its easy to get cought on a 1 shot with their shield down people make it seems like mag has more survivability than stam....
  • webrgesner
    webrgesner
    ✭✭✭✭
    royo wrote: »
    It can be done but magblades and magplars are safer and about the same dps since it's hard to make relequen work. We gave up on stam in there in our score group but if you don't care about vitality and just want to get a clear on your stam toons, it can be done if everyone else does most of the mechanics and you stick on the minis.

but thats what people said about vscp even vbrp. and ive done vas without dying more than once and still had a good uptime on my dots. i think thats just people being lazy to learn how to play a stam toon because that sounds like a bunch of bs hearing "this content is only for mag"
  • webrgesner
    webrgesner
    ✭✭✭✭
    webrgesner wrote: »

I was doing vas on my stamnb and i only died once. and if i have to kite its easy to always have coltrops, endless hail, and poison inject up at all times and sometimes my bow proc. I agree with you. ive tried magblade and i cant survive for crap or sustain. unlike stamblade i can block more, dodge roll and i have my own heal which is vigor and stam has more ressistance than mag, and funny thing is that ive only done vas like 5 times on vet and i was the only stam and everyone was dying... when i only died once that run so i dont think people know what theyre talking about when they say "only mag" its easy to get cought on a 1 shot with their shield down people make it seems like mag has more survivability than stam....

also if theres a kiting involve theres an easy rotaion, endless, coltrops, poison inject, light attack, light attack bow proc. i dont think people play stam enough to actually know how good they can survive if you have a high awareness and knows when to block cast, roll, and get distance whiles keeping dots up
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    There's no point in saying that vAS or vCR is fine for stamina, when you only mention +0 and sometimes +1. Those are perfectly doable on stamina, but it's the hardmodes that require a more diverse character. And with diverse I mean a character that can stand wherever they want and do the same damage.
    Those that bring stamina characters to vCR HM's have been allowed to do that by their groupleaders, and they are likely given the role to only attack the mainboss or mini-bosses stacked at the mainboss. That's perfectly doable in vCR but not in Asylum.

What's a stambuild going to do in vAS when the minibosses are outside his range, and the mainboss has a protector on him? Run towards whatever just to throw a caltrops and maybe 2 poison injections?
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    Btw, since the survivability of magblades has been nerfed with Refreshing Path losing it's damage and Funnel losing a major part of it's damage, stamina's might have become just as good for use in the shadowrealm.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Vcr and Vas are magika biased.
    Not necessarily, you can do stam in there just fine.
    Magicka is only used in there because of it's reliability for score pushing, most of the groups don't make use of that in the first place, so you're fine with Stamina as long as you bring vigor.
    #MOREORBS
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^ What Nifty said.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting into those as a stam can be hard. I had to leave my progress raid group because they wouldnt want to take a stam char into vas and vcr, i am talking about +1, +2... We did clear all carglorn hm, vmol, "regular" vas and vcr but when it came to go any further i was told i would be more or less decoration or a carpet and i should play a mag char.
    So yeah, lots of groups dont even consider a stam chars for those trials. But lets be honest, have you ever tried it with a stam char? It is really no fun but the groups are not to blame, its zos poor design in favor for mag chars that is killing it for us stam players.
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Namarkas
    Namarkas
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I never attempted vCR +2/3, but on +0/1, stamina is definitly playable. Sure you cannot really efficently kill the spheres or creepers, but you can either parse on the main/mini, or you do the portal mechanic. Imo stamina is really easy downstairs, you have major expedition on demand with your bow and a strong heal for you and your team members with vigor. We did runs with 1 person being stamina on +1 and even a run with 3 staminas on +0
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's no point in saying that vAS or vCR is fine for stamina, when you only mention +0 and sometimes +1. Those are perfectly doable on stamina, but it's the hardmodes that require a more diverse character. And with diverse I mean a character that can stand wherever they want and do the same damage.
    Those that bring stamina characters to vCR HM's have been allowed to do that by their groupleaders, and they are likely given the role to only attack the mainboss or mini-bosses stacked at the mainboss. That's perfectly doable in vCR but not in Asylum.

What's a stambuild going to do in vAS when the minibosses are outside his range, and the mainboss has a protector on him? Run towards whatever just to throw a caltrops and maybe 2 poison injections?

You can lay your Bowdots on the sphere and continue attacking Miniboss, wo stands near the Mainboss. Ive done vAS +1 with my StamSorc - and everything is possible if you choose the hard way and not the easiest. If you really want it, you can play silverline on this Trial too (not the Morph, wo works like DK chains, the other). You can play the daggers from dw line, which you can throw 28m...

Hell you can even play with the Light Trap....

There are enough Ways..in vAS +1/2 and in VCR +1/2/3
    Edited by Schattenfluegel on December 10, 2018 12:00PM
    Love my Stamsorc
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The reason for wanting magblades is the off healing they used to provide.Now they're not really any better than another class bar having higher dps. Also in the portal usually you die if you have the orb since you can't shield so imo stam would be better down there.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    The reason for wanting magblades is the off healing they used to provide.Now they're not really any better than another class bar having higher dps. Also in the portal usually you die if you have the orb since you can't shield so imo stam would be better down there.

It works very well on the Shadowworld of Zmaja...you can run faster/longer, and you can survive with Stambuilds, too :)
    Edited by Schattenfluegel on December 10, 2018 3:02PM
    Love my Stamsorc
  • webrgesner
    webrgesner
    ✭✭✭✭

You can lay your Bowdots on the sphere and continue attacking Miniboss, wo stands near the Mainboss. Ive done vAS +1 with my StamSorc - and everything is possible if you choose the hard way and not the easiest. If you really want it, you can play silverline on this Trial too (not the Morph, wo works like DK chains, the other). You can play the daggers from dw line, which you can throw 28m...

Hell you can even play with the Light Trap....

There are enough Ways..in vAS +1/2 and in VCR +1/2/3

yes thats what i do on the guardian in VAS i just stay on my post where i kite (so when the boss drops dots i dont get anyone killed or stack dots) and throw down my aoes and poison inject spam. It dies instantly as long as 4 or 5 dps is laying dots on it, it shouldnt take longer than 5 seconds to kill it