Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Replenish crowns on PTS?

SummerHyme
SummerHyme
✭✭
I've been testing layouts for my house on the PTS and it seems I've run out of crowns. I've waited for over a week, but they won't replenish. Is there anything I can do?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The next best option is to create a template character which has the full book of furnishing plans ... and craft the furnishings you need instead of getting them from the crown store.

It’s not much longer of a wait for the next PTS cycle, however. The next patch should be up somewhere around the 2nd week in January.
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either wait, or access PTS with a different account which hasn't expended all its crowns.

Or perhaps mail Support and ask politely if they can credit you some? Be sure to emphasize that they're for the test environment and that you're not asking for free points on Live. They may very well say no, and if they do you should accept that answer... But, it might be worth a try.
    Edited by Erraln on December 10, 2018 9:34AM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps the message here is that if you want to play with the monetised content you have to do it on Live and pay the money.
    PC EU
  • SummerHyme
    SummerHyme
    ✭✭
    Thanks guys, I'll be more careful with those crowns next time! Creating furniture myself with plans is a great idea.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's strange. Might it be a bug?

Unless ZOS have changed things within the last week or so, your allowance should top back up to 5500 every day. And given that everything in the crown store costs one crown, it would be pretty hard to run out even if they had scrapped it.

I logged in just now to try it out and bought a music box. I'll log back in tomorrow and check if it's gone back to 5500 or not.
  • SummerHyme
    SummerHyme
    ✭✭
    5500?! I've only ever had 500. I only use template characters though, does that make a difference?
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's 5500 whether a character is a template one or a normal one. I use template characters personally, and it does replenish every day.

On Dec 11th after buying my music box to test the system as promised, I had 5490 crowns left. The following day as usual it had returned to 5500.

Just checked again, and it's still 5500 ;)
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SummerHyme wrote: »
    5500?! I've only ever had 500. I only use template characters though, does that make a difference?

Maybe you were on live instead of pts?
  • SummerHyme
    SummerHyme
    ✭✭
    I'm sure I was on PTS since I had all the usual gear & gold.

However, I do have one last theory. I don't have any character on live, since I'm primarily a console player I only go on PC for the PTS. This means that every character I create after they wipe the PTS is my "first" character. Therefore, it's possible that I receive the usual 500 crowns gift for new players instead of the 5000 crowns for testing.

More investigation is required, but so far it's the only explanation that makes sense to me.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The PTS copies your live characters from the PC, which I'm guessing you have even if you haven't played them for a long time.
  • SummerHyme
    SummerHyme
    ✭✭

The PTS copies your live characters from the PC, which I'm guessing you have even if you haven't played them for a long time.

No as I said, I've never created a character on live, or even logged in on live. When I go on the PTS, I use template characters only. Every time the PTS refreshes, I have to start everything over, but that would be fine if I had 5000 crowns instead of 500.