Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Miredrum and Vossa-Satl Mementos Disappointing: Change to Looping Emotes?

Raltin
Raltin
✭✭✭✭
If any of you are like me, you might stop in Murkmire from time to time to listen to the Vossa-Satl players in Lilmoth or Bright-Throat village, or the miredrum player in Dead-Water village. You might think the beat was a little catchy, and thought It'd be fun to play those at guild gatherings or the like. The Xanmeer crown crates granted that wish... or did they? The mementos do not play the actual songs of bards; the Satl memento plays randomized notes, and the miredrum has a slower, less energetic tempo. This in itself is not horrible, but the worst part by far is how short-lived the mementos are; offering play times of only five seconds or so. So I ask you, players. What do you want out of the Miredrum and Vossa-Satl? Keep them as short-lived mementos, or turn them into proper instrument emotes? Let Zenimax know your thoughts.
Edited by Raltin on December 8, 2018 6:00PM
"Proud purveyor of Cyrodiil Pickles."

Miredrum and Vossa-Satl Mementos Disappointing: Change to Looping Emotes? 154 votes

Keep Murkmire Instruments as Mementos
1%
AcrolasGWINDHA1R 2 votes
Turn Murkmire Instrument Mementos into Looping Emotes
98%
jediodyn_ESOVeritasObscuraAlchemicalAgrivarOthniel327VehlirArizona_SteveSporvanKlemenziusb16_ESOAelorinDanikatploddab16_ESOAlienSlofMaottiSilafSodanTokeklhaftb16_ESOAnkaridanj.greenmanb16_ESOSeuchensoldat 152 votes
  • Matthros
    Matthros
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they made the Vossa-Satl into an interactive furnishing item.
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I seriously wanted to play it at my guild's meet-up housing tavern for ambience... can't do that if the thing doesn't loop.

(edit) Not by video, but here's a vid of some of the jel versions of the singing.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UbND_dFyf7s
    Edited by Raltin on March 10, 2019 1:19AM
  • Footfalls
    Footfalls
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds good
  • Alchemical
    Alchemical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matthros wrote: »
    I wish they made the Vossa-Satl into an interactive furnishing item.

This is honestly what I wanted and expected, a furnishing version.

But the fact the memento doesn't loop is, imo, unacceptable. All the other instruments in the game you can play indefinitely and enjoy the actual music. It's silly the Vossa-Satl doesn't, and same for the Mire Drum. I really hope they just aren't working as intended right now.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait...THAT! THAT'S what I was hoping it would become! An emote! Like the other instruments.

...and a furnishing at the same time, of course. I don't see why we can't have both.
  • Marto
    Marto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please. Looping emotes are definitely better value than mementos and non-looping emotes (Like /flex)

The recent Hollowjack crown crates had a handful of looping emotes, and I saw a LOT of my friends and other players buying them and using them rather often.

That on itself should be proof enough that people are willing to buy looping emotes.
    "According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • Rhoande
    Rhoande
    ✭✭
    I'd love to see them have both options available. I'd also like many emotes to do the same thing. Some mementos are just much better suited to more permanence.

It'd also be neat if mementos could become special items we place in houses that could perform the action if interacted with.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep Murkmire Instruments as Mementos
    Extending the instruments to the three minutes the Transform mementos received wouldn't hurt.

But a definite no to a Vossa-Satl emote. We don't need that type of weapon in PVP.
    signing off
  • Alchemical
    Alchemical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marto wrote: »
    The recent Hollowjack crown crates had a handful of looping emotes, and I saw a LOT of my friends and other players buying them and using them rather often.

Juggle Pumpkin is literally the best purchase I've ever made. It's replaced my Male Redguard Dance as my go-to idling emote. But if I could play the song of my people for everyone while we wait for the Tank even better.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certainly longer. And the emote option puts the control in the player's hands, so I'm for that.
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Extending the instruments to the three minutes the Transform mementos received wouldn't hurt.

But a definite no to a Vossa-Satl emote. We don't need that type of weapon in PVP.

True, there is trolling to consider, but would it be any worse than the flute or lute spams? The preferred weapon of trolling however remains the mudball memento... rare is it that I have seen instrument emotes be used for that purpose. Most of the time, instrument players with emotes contribute to the ambience of a location, rather than turn the area into headache. Of course, there's always the option to mute that ambient noise in your settings. As for myself, i once witnessed the 'thousand-flute chorus' at the Orsinium wayshrine, and thought it was kinda funny. No trolling or anything, just a bunch of players getting together to have fun with an emote. I kinda want to see what that would look like with the Satl, not gonna lie.
  • TaigaStrider
    TaigaStrider
    ✭✭✭
    I can agree. Having them as looping emotes would be great. Especially for roleplay.
    In-Game Username - @WanderMyst
    EP Roleplayer
    Primary RP Guild: House Tavari

Nahrani - Khajiit - Melancholic and Conservative Dres Slave
    Hugs-Like-Steel - Argonian - Dres Hireling & Ex-Telvanni Battlemage with Power Issues
    Xul-Deelith - Argonian - Fate-Cursed Archein & Dres Vanguard
    Tarvyn Verelnim - Dunmer - Idealistic Imperial City Survivor & Indoril Mercenary
    Shanji Marsh-Boots - Khajiit - Marsh-Rot-Afflicted Former AD Vanguard in Operation Merciful Reduction
    Ja'Khari - Khajiit - Child-Prodigy Marsh Cartographer & Information Broker
    Nelanwen the Raven - Altmer - Narcissistic Former AD Sentry in Operation Merciful Reduction
    Twendil - Altmer - Former AD Shiphand in Operation Merciful Reduction & Shanty-Singing Operator of the Happy Hulkynd
    Cotter Georick - Breton - Simple-Minded Miner
    Celsus Scotti - Imperial - Overweight, Embezzling, Pacifistic, Alteration-Casting Imperial Geographical Society Member
    Mouse - Khajiit - Former AD Assassin in Operation Merciful Reduction & Skooma-Addicted Beggar
    Parvus Viro - Imperial/Bosmer - A Very Short Resolute of Stendarr and Apologist of Man

"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible." - Farengar Secret-Fire
  • Maelstroa
    Maelstroa
    ✭✭
    I hope it changes to emotes, but knowing Zos, I doubt they will
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maelstroa wrote: »
    I hope it changes to emotes, but knowing Zos, I doubt they will

With continued support to this page? Who knows, maybe we'll raise enough brows and get enough eyes looking in that direction.
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    Certainly longer. And the emote option puts the control in the player's hands, so I'm for that.

Yeah, makes it easier to start playing again if an npc walks into and interrupts it, or something.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looping emotes hands down. Also, why not having them as interactable furniture? I always say thay having mementos as furnishing ítems would be great.
  • TheCabbageborn
    TheCabbageborn
    ✭✭✭
    +1

when the skeleton band starts playing, I want to be on synths
    when a problem comes along u must fus it
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looping emotes hands down. Also, why not having them as interactable furniture? I always say thay having mementos as furnishing ítems would be great.

Not gonna lie, I also really wanted to display one off in my house, excellent conversation piece when showing the game off to a new player, lol.
  • Jeet-Maht
    Jeet-Maht
    Soul Shriven
    Got my support!
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alchemical wrote: »
    Marto wrote: »

Juggle Pumpkin is literally the best purchase I've ever made. It's replaced my Male Redguard Dance as my go-to idling emote. But if I could play the song of my people for everyone while we wait for the Tank even better.

Exactly... I have barely seen anyone using the miredrum or Vossa-satl mementos. Likely because one: it's a pain to go into your collections and activate it, and two; if you want easy access to a memento, you have to put it on your actions wheel, which takes up space that something else could use, which is again in of itself a pain. Just make the mementos into emotes already, Zos, please.
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres a Crow Momento aswell that i want to stay as a loop, just have it looking around on my arm while i take edgy screenshots
  • THEMourningLily
    THEMourningLily
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah had these been emotes on a neverending loop, I would have been more inclined to get more of the crates to try for them. But as it is, it's just not worth the price. 100 gems for a 5 second emote is kind of a rip off :( That Vossa-Satl should have been in the 40 or 16 gem tier.. it's not worthy of being a legendary item in it's current form
    Edited by THEMourningLily on December 21, 2018 3:07PM
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt that there would ever be a change on anything, many things have been requested repeatedly but they didn't bat an eye.
    WUJsm1O.jpg
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was *extremely* underwhelmed and disappointed to see that they were such ridiculously short mementos even by memento standards. What the actual flurp, ZOS? It's like they actively hate the musical instrument lovers here.
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perwulf wrote: »
    I doubt that there would ever be a change on anything, many things have been requested repeatedly but they didn't bat an eye.

Well with continued support and votes, no matter how small a chance, there could still be a chance, and it's worth trying! Thank you for adding your voice to the discussion however! If it doesn't change though... LIZARD BOIS, RISE UP. VIVA LA RESISTANCE!jeetumrevolution.png

• Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    About every day, one more vote comes along. Kinda nice to see how it's been growing.
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darned! I'd like to play it from the walls of Arrius, litter the dolmens with frogalicious voices, taunt the fragile ears of every Daedra, own all of Tamriel with this heavenly entrapment!

• Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    BoraxFlux wrote: »
    Darned! I'd like to play it from the walls of Arrius, litter the dolmens with frogalicious voices, taunt the fragile ears of every Daedra, own all of Tamriel with this heavenly entrapment!

I got the equipment to do it... need to record the bard songs and post them as youtube videos. Would go great up above in the first post.
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they'd add either the option to sync instruments with people in your group so you can play together.

or

Make it like FFXIV / LotRO and make them interactive so you can play yourself
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would also be cool if they made Almexia's lantern toggleable, it's quite hard to see in some areas but i don't want to change the brightness because it makes the game look weird