Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Dragonknight Feedback Thread

• Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally I dont like the fact that Eruption can deal more DPS ST than BE or Engulfing can....AOE Dot > ST Dot...even on ST...what the duess?...Eorror 405: Locig not found :joy:

It's only like 500 dps behind Foo on a Stam..... I use it in add fights.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Personally I dont like the fact that Eruption can deal more DPS ST than BE or Engulfing can....AOE Dot > ST Dot...even on ST...what the duess?...Eorror 405: Locig not found :joy:

Its beneficial for both PvE and PvP to have ground aoes that do high damage because counterplay is very clear against ground aoes. (just don't stand in them), Whereas, if you make a single target dot veeery strong just because its single target and not an aoe, you end up with the friggen bleed meta. So more ground aoes, less overtuned ST dots, thats the formula for happy PvPers and happy PvErs.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 7, 2018 1:56PM
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well on MagDK the difference between Burning Embers and Eruption is about 1-1,3k DPS
    So Eruption is AOE and hits harder, thats just bad design and nothing else.

For Stamina the use of FoO or Eruption isnt that great, better spam tornado, hail and clatrops ;)
    Edited by SaintSubwayy on December 7, 2018 1:56PM
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its beneficial for both PvE and PvP to have ground aoes that do high damage because counterplay is very clear against ground aoes. (just don't stand in them), Whereas, if you make a single target dot veeery strong just because its single target and not an aoe, you end up with the friggen bleed meta. So more ground aoes, less overtuned ST dots, thats the formula for happy PvPers and happy PvErs.

Ehmm bleeds.. the thing carrying dks lol
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Ehmm bleeds.. the thing carrying dks lol

While its annoying on Dks its gonna get even worse on a stamblade or stamsorc, since those classes can amplify the bleed ticks much further. master dw+Blooddrinker+incap, and thats the ticket to free AP.

Aand meanwhile Dks can put a dot on their dot so they can dot people while they dot people. (seriously though, I can't downplay it, bleed stamDk is just as broken as any bleed setup, well.. maybe not as bad as bleedblades terrorizing no-cp nowadays.)

There is some form of counterplay against bleeds with CP, but in no-CP campaign bleed builds are causing terror and destruction. Now if something like caltrops or standart or endless hail was ignoring resistances instead of blood craze or passive axe bleeds, none of this would occur, you could simply move out of the stupid and be done with it.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 7, 2018 2:07PM
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you guys actually play the game? I never see any of you in the battle field except for the forums. You done calling for nerfs for anything that pokes you?

I don’t see you in Cyrodiil, or Imperial City, or Battlegrounds, or dueling in Stormhaven. Where do you play?

Youve gotten so effective at getting DKs nerfed, I give you that.
    Edited by Skoomah on December 7, 2018 2:12PM
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Do you guys actually play the game? I never see any of you in the battle field except for the forums. You done calling for nerfs for anything that pokes you?

I don’t see you in Cyrodiil, or Imperial City, or Battlegrounds, or dueling in Stormhaven. Where do you play?

well there are 4 different servers, so your chance is 25% to see a Person ingame :joy:
    And depending on the timezone you live in, it may be even worse than 25% xD

and can you pls tell me who you mean with "You guys"?
    Edited by SaintSubwayy on December 7, 2018 2:22PM
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @SaintSubwayy , I suspect it means people who're calling for DK nerfs. ^^

And I actually pondered using Eruption in rotation, but yet to try - plus it's hard to sustain both that and FoO in single rotation on stamina. Takes 700+ magicka regen at least even when cast every other rotation.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SaintSubwayy , I suspect it means people who're calling for DK nerfs. ^^

And I actually pondered using Eruption in rotation, but yet to try - plus it's hard to sustain both that and FoO in single rotation on stamina. Takes 700+ magicka regen at least even when cast every other rotation.

youre a little sherlock arent ya? :joy:

well lets be honest here, stam DK using Eruption or FoO isnt that awesome, those skills are more suited for MagDK than for Stam DK ;)

PC EU

• John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @SaintSubwayy , I know, but maining stamDK teaches that beggars can't be choosers, have to use what's at hand. ^^
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you guys actually tested Stonefist?

It is a very powerful skill that does a ton of damage, try running it instead of Fossilize.

I play with only direct damage skills on my MDK and I perform awesomely on BGs.

Please stop asking for a change for this, it is actually one of my favorite skills in the game. The ranged stun is a pseudo gap closer and adds a lot to the burst potential of MDKs. Please test it before complaining about such an useful and strong skill.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @joseayalac , I understand, but sDKs have to get something eventually. The class has 45 possible skills (including base skills and morphs), and of them, there are... drumroll... two stamina morphs total. No wonder class feels generic.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @joseayalac , I understand, but sDKs have to get something eventually. The class has 45 possible skills (including base skills and morphs), and of them, there are... drumroll... two stamina morphs total. No wonder class feels generic.

Venomous Claw, Noxious Breath, Take Flight, Corrosive Armor. I'd like to see a stam morph of Spiked Armor, Inhale, and Dark Talons. Then, ZOS could revert back to the old World In Ruin passive.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Savos_Saren , Take Flight and Corrosive are ultimates though, they're not stamina skills. And even Noxious (I counted it in) is a very weak DoT with clunky hitbox. I also feel that stamina morphs of Spiked or Dark Talons wouldn't do much for PvE, except maybe make tank resource usage more even.
    Edited by John_Falstaff on December 9, 2018 12:14PM
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Venomous Claw, Noxious Breath, Take Flight, Corrosive Armor. I'd like to see a stam morph of Spiked Armor, Inhale, and Dark Talons. Then, ZOS could revert back to the old World In Ruin passive.

well lets be serious here, Nox in PVP is harder to land than a mars rover ;)
    in PVE its fine, however the Dmg is way to low, atleast the 6% aoe Boost, which was taken from it, should be added on top again.

Corrosive and Take Flight are ults, so they arent really useable in a normal Rotation.
    Furthermore Corrosive is pretty lackluster in PVP, since there is so much Obliviondmg flying arround, completly rendering the Ulti useless (except the 100% pen Part)

The only good stam Skill DK has is Venomous Claw, the % increase over the duration fits perfectly to the DK as a Class, but its the only Stam Skill thats good so jeah...xD
    PC EU

• joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I totally agree that Nox Breath totally sucks in PVP because you definitely can't land it. It's probably just useful for solo PVE.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    joseayalac wrote: »

It is a very powerful skill that does a ton of damage, try running it instead of Fossilize.

Please stop asking for a change for this, it is actually one of my favorite skills in the game. The ranged stun is a pseudo gap closer and adds a lot to the burst potential of MDKs. Please test it before complaining about such an useful and strong skill.

that slow, reflectable, dodgeable, mitigable projectile? No, never...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

that slow, reflectable, dodgeable, mitigable projectile? No, never...

I actually use Stone Giant as my main ranged ability on my destro bar. Then again- I only use DK abilities on my main. (“Purist” build, I guess.) I think it has just enough damage to hurt- but not enough to be called OP with the stun.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why do you lie about dk skills? That is probably thee most trash skill that DK has the unfortunate pleasure of having.
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Stam Sorc - Ji'saad Ranajiradh AR 30
    Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad
    Khajiit Magblade - Ji'sava Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamplar - Dro'haniAk'nir - AR 36
    Khajiit Stam Dk - Diego Ri'jhad - AR 49
    Khajiit Magplar - Dro'nara Ak'nir
    Khajiit StamBlade - Ri'artharr Ak'nir
    Fat Khajiit Stamden - Dro'hani Warbreaker
    Argonian Stam DK - Tiberius Demetros
    Khajiit Stamplar - Diëgo Ri'jhad
    Fat Khajiit Stam DK - Drö'hani Ak'nir/Dances-With-Alkosh
    Khajiit Magden - Arctic Mayhem

• Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Why do you lie about dk skills? That is probably thee most trash skill that DK has the unfortunate pleasure of having.

Stone giant does Over 5k damage in PVP, stuns, adds physical/spell resistance buffs, returns stamina, and adds ultimate. I wouldn’t say it’s trash.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wont deny the buffs that it gives but the damage is negligible at best.
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I totally agree that Nox Breath totally sucks in PVP because you definitely can't land it. It's probably just useful for solo PVE.

You can force a bash-cancel to land it. If I wanna land it so bad, I will land it, but the damage is just patheticly low. I think even if this thing always landed no matter what, people would still prefer flames of oblivion over this. Unless you're solo and need the fracture obviously.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 15, 2018 6:46PM
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭

Used in melee range, it works as any other normal cc. The damage, however, is very high. I used to run a full burst mDK set up, and utilized stone fist. Its damage on stun is almost as high as a power lash. Fossilize being unavoidable makes it better in most situations. This doesnt make stone fist a bad skill.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Savos_Saren Fossilize is the best cc in the game, can’t replace with stone giant, but remove stone giant from the dk class and look at it and it does look amazing.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we get our free flame lash back? And I sorely miss the stun :( but the free lash was so nice and I think it wasn’t overpowered.
  • TrinityBreaker
    TrinityBreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SkysOutThizeOut ZoS changed it because they wanted it to be in LiNe wItH OthEr aBiLiTeS SuCh aS CrYsTaL fRaGs. Who seriously thought that comparing one class skill to a completely different class skill was a good idea?

The most r e t a r d e d change to date.
    Edited by TrinityBreaker on December 17, 2018 4:41AM
    Ebonheart for life.
    Xbox NA
    I am Dog Star.

Khajiit Mag DK - Kesjhad

• Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    @SkysOutThizeOut ZoS changed it because they wanted it to be in LiNe wItH OthEr aBiLiTeS SuCh aS CrYsTaL fRaGs. Who seriously thought that comparing one class skill to a completely different class skill was a good idea?

Crystal frags - procs off using any spell

Power Lash - procs off a specific condition applied to targets, can be dodged at multiple dif times.

*ZOS* "lets bring them in line!"

okay zos, where is my power lash that procs off flame damage?
  • Ophelan
    Ophelan
    ✭✭
    Reviving this thread since it's fallen several pages back of other class feedback threads...

Crystal frags - procs off using any spell

Power Lash - procs off a specific condition applied to targets, can be dodged at multiple dif times.

*ZOS* "lets bring them in line!"

okay zos, where is my power lash that procs off flame damage?

Not to mention that crystal frags is a long range stun.

Procing off flame damage is a great idea, but what if:

- Remove the stun entirely
    - Power lash is undodgeable, increase heal ~10-20% and damage ~10%

My biggest frustration with power lash is timing a way to land the ability with the way dodging works in a higher latency environment. This would help make it a more reliable source of healing, reducing reliance on extremely expensive class healing options. Resource sustain is by far magDK's biggest problem at the moment and I think this would be a step in the right direction.
    @Ophelan - Roll Initiative Guild Leader
    Azuras Star NA - 'Ophh
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »

DK isn't overperforming right now, snares in general are. Yes, DK has some snares that are easy to access, but it isn't the worst offender. Look at Warden and ice staves for that.

i know you said this like more than a month ago, but Ice Staves are only useful right now because of snares and immobilises. if it was nerfed or had its snares removed, frost as a whole would just be worthless. Warden's only really decent snare is the ultimate, Sleet Storm, as Winter's Revenge is only a 30% snare which is overwritten by frost wall. Magicka Warden is pretty decent at group PvP DPS but pretty average everywhere else and has so few DPS skills that all of the builds feel the same. I just feel as if snares have got frost magic by the balls and are holding on tight. It's not frost magic's fault. It's the snare and immobilises' fault. if we were to get our class expedition back, and perhaps have a few more ways to counter snares and immobilises, it would be much better for everyone. but if they remove snares and immobilises. frost will need something in its place to keep it from being useless. frost magic needs love. and snares and immobilises need addressing. But frost is a separate thing to snares and immobilisation. While often lumped together, it doesn't mean they are the same thing.

i'd for sure have a look at frost wall's CC which is what is causing most of the trouble, a quick (but not necessarily good) thought is maybe reducing the snare down to 30% which is half. and then moving that chilled to immobilise thing away from an immobilise, but maybe a resistance drop or a damage shield? this is useful to both dps and tanks, tanks a LOT more so. perhaps a smallish creeping execute to chilled enemies which is a LOT better for Frost DPS but a drop for tanks. and making it a whole lot less garbage for pvpers to fight against.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on February 4, 2019 7:46AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The damage is really good when it applies the stun (+100% damage). Besides that it's okay I guess, with the +100% addition it's very nice and shouldn't be underestimated.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -