Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Customize Your Home with 3D Essential Effects(tm) (BETA) from Essential Housing Tools

• Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WITCHCRAFT !

This is truly amazing work, thank you for the many hours you must've spent on it and for your generosity in sharing
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slight issue.

Effects not dropping at feet now, but being placed way off in the distance almost out of reach.

Placed in Erstwhile Sanctuary PC/EU ( if that helps )

I've noticed you have updated the amount of effects to the list, so perhaps a bug slipped in ?

Awesome add-on to compliment EHT

Great work
    Edited by molecule on December 6, 2018 2:41PM
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOOP! Thank you Cardinal! You're the awesomest! <3
    Itacira wrote: »
    This is truly amazing work, thank you for the many hours you must've spent on it and for your generosity in sharing

@mayasunrising @Itacira You are so welcome, Maya and Itacira! <3
    molecule wrote: »
    Slight issue.
    Effects not dropping at feet now, but being placed way off in the distance almost out of reach.
    Placed in Erstwhile Sanctuary PC/EU ( if that helps )
    I've noticed you have updated the amount of effects to the list, so perhaps a bug slipped in ?
    Awesome add-on to compliment EHT
    Great work

@Molecule Thank you, Molecule! So I just finally went back and updated all of the effects to spawn a slight distance in front of your character, rather than directly on top of you, as I had a number of people report to me that the system wasn't working. When I investigated it, it turned out that those players were all playing in first person mode, so they just didn't see the effects that spawned directly under their feet. So the decision to spawn the effects out in front of you was to deter that scenario as well as to prevent confusion.

Of course, if you find that effects are spawning in some crazy position, please, by all means, let me know and I will make sure to fix it. <3

• molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    Of course, if you find that effects are spawning in some crazy position, please, by all means, let me know and I will make sure to fix it. <3

Still having issues i'm afraid.

I get the animated swirl around FX ( next to EHT text )

I then select an effect, the ingame sound makes a noise ( confirming i selected something ? )

But the effect spawns nowhere in the cave ( Erstwhile Santuary )

Then the animated swirl around FX doesn't re-appear again , until i reloadUI

This is with housing mode active.

Tried both 1st and 3rd person view with same results

Any ideas

Edited by molecule on December 6, 2018 7:47PM
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorted ; Add-on conflicting with yours
    Edited by molecule on December 6, 2018 8:34PM
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @molecule Just saw this, Molecule. That's interesting though. Can you tell me which add-on it was? I'd like to address whatever the conflict is, one way or another. <3
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    @molecule Just saw this, Molecule. That's interesting though. Can you tell me which add-on it was? I'd like to address whatever the conflict is, one way or another. <3

TaosGroup Tools ( group pvp add-on )

Red dot shows where i stood to place an effect / Yellow dot shows where the effect ended up ( Erstwhile Santuary )

uZdtUul.png

• immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    tested today with the mrs, same laptops, same addons etc, grouped and entered house, got a msg saying fx effects being transferred to group but still other cant see it?

are there known addons that conflict so far?
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @immozz01 It sounds like at least TaosGroup Tools ( group pvp add-on ), based on what @molecule was just writing. But there may be others.

In fact, if anyone finds other conflicts and can isolate the add-on(s) that cause issues with this, I would be super thankful if you could let us know here. I will do my best to resolve the conflict one way or another. <3
  • swankery
    swankery
    ✭✭✭✭
    EHT now comes with smells! JK, this is amazing!!. <3215jhtsey128.png

Edited by swankery on December 7, 2018 4:02PM
    https://www.twitch.tv/swankery/ Housing Enthusiast! DDA founder/rep/Twitter@Swankery1@Swankery PC/NA https://www.youtube.com/c/swankery
  • swankery
    swankery
    ✭✭✭✭
    <3 Thank you for bringing the magic to this Christmas home. xo <3
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86Rz-EFL_kA
    https://www.twitch.tv/swankery/ Housing Enthusiast! DDA founder/rep/Twitter@Swankery1@Swankery PC/NA https://www.youtube.com/c/swankery
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously I still have a lot of reading to do before I'll be able to really start using this amazing add-on. One thing I'd be grateful if someone could tell me is this; Are other players NOT grouped with me able to see the effects yet? And do they have to have the add-on themselves? I am especially interested in doing night skies in a few of my homes but would really like the answers to these questions before I dive in.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭
    As of 8.9.97 (The 8.9.99 version is current as of this writing) visitors not grouped do not see the effects, based on my testing: disclaimer - I have made some mistakes with this.

A person on R_K's forum noted the snow effect clipped the ice effect. If that hasn't been solved by R_K a possible workaround is using fireflies and turning them white. Fireflies seem more forgiving when it comes to clipping. Disclaimer- I am very new to this.

Here is a Psiijic villa test with fireflies

fler02.jpg
    Edited by Catsmoke14 on December 9, 2018 5:32PM
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Obviously I still have a lot of reading to do before I'll be able to really start using this amazing add-on. One thing I'd be grateful if someone could tell me is this; Are other players NOT grouped with me able to see the effects yet? And do they have to have the add-on themselves? I am especially interested in doing night skies in a few of my homes but would really like the answers to these questions before I dive in.

first off, you don't need to do a lot of reading :) install addon, 1 click and you have a different sky :P

for now you need to group with ppl who have the addon yes, perhaps that will change some soon.
    why would that stop you from testing and using it?
    I mess around in all houses, if you change the sky, it will just show a normal sky to a person not having the addon? if everyone waits till all others have the addon then this will go nowhere..

don't be a sheep, go crazy and change your sky :) its your house!
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    immozz01 wrote: »

first off, you don't need to do a lot of reading :) install addon, 1 click and you have a different sky :P

for now you need to group with ppl who have the addon yes, perhaps that will change some soon.
    why would that stop you from testing and using it?
    I mess around in all houses, if you change the sky, it will just show a normal sky to a person not having the addon? if everyone waits till all others have the addon then this will go nowhere..

don't be a sheep, go crazy and change your sky :) its your house!

OKAY I'LL DO IT! LOL And of course I already bug people to get your add-on for the magic carpet! lol I am now embarked on turning my Grand Psyjic Villa into The Midnight Cathedral... which is mostly a spooky overgrown crypt. A night sky is totally necessary!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... one click WHERE to have a different sky? LOL

• immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭

i6yi86bgssyu.jpg

click FX and choose something, under environment there is sky stuff :)
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    immozz01 wrote: »

i6yi86bgssyu.jpg

click FX and choose something, under environment there is sky stuff :)

Ah apparently I was not updated! I'll check it out again once the servers are up. Thank you!

• Treat
    Treat
    ✭✭✭
    tqljyugptvnu.png

Thanks for all the work you do - I loved having it snow in my snow globe. <3

@Treat
    The Harbinger of Cheer!!!!!
    Ankle Biters
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treat wrote: »
    tqljyugptvnu.png

Thanks for all the work you do - I loved having it snow in my snow globe. <3

With the sky changing effects is it possible to blot out the view of the tent above? THAT might actually make this place worth getting!

• ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This entire update is beyond amazing, you truly are a wizard @R_K!

I simply have to ask out of curiosity, is there any chance that an addon like this can create functionable water? In the sense of swimmable. My first assumption would be hell no, but I also thought that about all of these new effects (and the animations too!), so I figured I may as well ask.

I'll play around with these new effects soon. But damn... I really didn't think anything like this would be possible in a mod, I'm really impressed.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • Catsmoke14
    Catsmoke14
    ✭✭✭

With the sky changing effects is it possible to blot out the view of the tent above? THAT might actually make this place worth getting!

Perhaps if you lift an ice sheet really high and make it really really big. Just messing around -

29l1gnt.jpg

Combined with dark sky at night. It's far from pleasing. I really hate the tent though.

2igir1j.jpg
    Edited by Catsmoke14 on December 10, 2018 6:48PM
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    gj thinking outside the box edbudd :)

@R_K is it possible to create a bubble curtain effect to place behind aquarium glass?
    the glass is awesome, but to complete the illusion I would wish for a bubble curtain, small bubbles floating vertically upwards, will have to look natural also, so not every 10 centimetres a column but 40, 60, 130 a new column?

hope you can find the time to look into it, would be a great addition and make it complete, now there is no movement at all behind the glass and looks unnatural

if you do manage to make a bubble screen, perhaps its nice to make an extra one that you can use as a magical divider instead of the wooden ones currently available as furniture..
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Perhaps if you lift an ice sheet really high and make it really really big. Just messing around -

29l1gnt.jpg

Combined with dark sky at night. It's far from pleasing. I really hate the tent though.

2igir1j.jpg

THanks! yeah that's not ideal, there's some strangeness going on there. So I just tried the Night Sky at the Grand Psyjic Villa and...it just turns the sky black? And of course does nothing to darken everything else to make it look like it's night. :( I'm guessing the "veils of darkness" must be used but I will have to hopefully find a tutorial to watch as I had zero luck figuring out how to make it work. My dreams of perpetual night time still seem beyond my grasp. *cries*
    Edited by MornaBaine on December 11, 2018 1:19AM

• Treat
    Treat
    ✭✭✭
    He's gotta make my fishing hole first, guys. <3;)
    @Treat
    The Harbinger of Cheer!!!!!
    Ankle Biters
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    @R_K is quiet, but saw there is update 9.0.1 wonder what pops out of his cave of creation this time..
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I get needing to have the add-on to see the effects. I just wish we didn't have to be grouped. Today I also noticed that only my character that had set the night sky could see it. When I logged in with other characters it was just the usual default game sky. This makes me sad.

• mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K , will we ever be able to use FX in animations or be able to start/stop them using triggers? :o That would be super duper specialooper! (You had to know someone would ask eventually. lol)

Anyway, have a great holiday! Thank you so much for all the hard work and amazing gifts you've given to the community over the past year! We wuvs you! <3
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swankery wrote: »
    <3 Thank you for bringing the magic to this Christmas home. xo <3
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86Rz-EFL_kA

@swankery Thank you for sharing those amazing builds with all of us! Awesome work, Swanks! <3 So much attention to detail and so creative.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@MornaBaine For sure! So the Night Sky and Aurora Borealis, Midnight are two environmental effects that can blot out the entire sky. Those effects work like any of the other effects in that you can move them after being placed. So, if you place one of those two effects, and then enter Housing Editor (F5) mode, look straight up. You can click on that paint bucket way up in the sky (using Cursor Mode) to edit the effect. If you use that editor to move the effect lower, you should be able to get it eclipse most, if not all, of those background elements outside of the globe.