The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I got a question about making arena for duels

Darshell
Darshell
✭✭
So guys i got a question, i was designing my home and tried to make a arena for duels etc. and made the ground with planks, but when someone cces they fall down from planks. Is there a way to solve it or another material to use it on the ground to avoid this?
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, not that anyone has discovered yet @Darshell . The issue is that player placed housing items have collision detection for players, but no collision detection for abilities. Because the effect of being knocked to the ground by an ability - such as a gap closer - is part of an ability's animation, the victim falls through constructed surfaces. :(

Don't let that dissuade you from being creative though. There's still a lot you can do as far as custom arena's go. Here's some clips of the one I built. If you're PC/NA feel free to whisp me and I can give you a live demonstration. :)

The Pretty Deadly Arena was built using The Essential Housing Tools Addon by Cardinal05. You can download it here: https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1959-EssentialHousingTools.html
    Edited by mayasunrising on December 9, 2018 8:54AM
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mayasunrising I still love this set up that you did. So awesome.
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coldharbour Estates is great for making arenas due to all the flat land you can build on.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • Darshell
    Darshell
    ✭✭
    thanks for answers^^
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    @mayasunrising I still love this set up that you did. So awesome.

Thanks @R_K ! If only ZOS would give us ability collision detection on placeables for Christmas I could make it multi-tiered. LOL
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez