Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bleakrock Isle

Viserys_Varanis
I wish Bleakrock Isle had a Player House.

Would be awesome to watch the northern lights there from your home.
  • AllegraLionheart
    It would be sweet. <3

Lore-wise, though, your home will have been burned and claimed by the Daggers. Or at least the latter of the two. Not exactly prime real estate.

(But then again, we DO have a house in Coldharbour, so...)
    PC/NA
    Breton Magden pretending to be a Nord
    GM - Chal Basement Battalion, PvP Guild (Gray Host)
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Along those lines of thoughts, it would be nice to "reestablish" or take back areas like this once the quest is over so that the towns become functional again.

Would be really awesome to tie the two together: chase the daggers out of Bleakrock and, when done, earn a player house there. Same with Northpoint in Rivenspire.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If we ever get to go to the Shivering Isles maybe they'll give us a home on the Mania side. The night time sky there was probably the first sight in video games that ever stunned me into inaction, to make me just stop and stare in wonderment at its beauty. All those twinkling stars and scintillating auroras in the sky, and reflected in the sea :dizzy:
    PC EU
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I wish Bleakrock was a place we could peacefully go back to after the events unfold. As it stands now, I no longer ever talk to the captain , or enter the captains house. Puts the whole chain of events on hold. The town remains peaceful.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leaving cities or towns under attack without resolution definitely feels off, to me. It also leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It's one reason why I didn't do the quest Payment In Kind in Malabal Tor (that and it just being a quest that ends on a downer). Seriously, I know that some people enjoy downer endings in movies or shows for some reason. But in video games? Itjust doesn't make sense. As players, we WANT that sense of accomplishing something good. If the end result is going to leave such a bad taste in our mouths, why even bother questing at all?

On another note, having a snow Nord home on Bleakrock Isle in addition to taking it back WOULD definitely be awesome. Should ZOS ever actually decide to revisit it...and there's DEFINITELY more than one vanilla area that they should revisit and rethink the ending of.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want "endings" at all in a MMO. Everything needs to be be logically re-usable.
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree (and I visit Bleakrock often with a char who didn't do this questline to enjoy Bleakrock in peace).

Would be nice to "end the war" there with a quest and be able to buy a lovely little cottage <3
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    woufff wrote: »

I agree (and I visit Bleakrock often with a char who didn't do this questline to enjoy Bleakrock in peace).

Would be nice to "end the war" there with a quest and be able to buy a lovely little cottage <3

Easy to end the war, EP and AD just need to recognise that the DC are the rightful heirs of Reman Cyrodiil and surrender to us :smiley:

Jokes aside, I would love a small house on each of the small starter islands... (ok ok Stros m’kai has hunding hall, but that’s not really small...) As far as the village still burning after all this time (I routinely go back and set everything on fire again :smiley: For the Covenant!) Stros m’Kai’s town of saintsport? Constantly under pirate occupation, khenarthi’s roost has some permanent problems too, with this being said I’m sure each starter island has some area where it is peaceful with enough space for a small or medium sized house.

SA96
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is definitely enough content to keep players busy after they have rescued all the under siege places in the game! Camlorn is my own pet peeve on this. And Hallin's Stand STILL looks like a place under occupation even AFTER you liberate it and it DOES become peaceful! I feel like this topic should be addressed in the general forums as well.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wait, once you complete the storyline, the village is peaceful, isn't it? I've gone there on several occasions and it seems completely empty. Maybe there are still enemies roaming about, but I know that the crafting area is completely usable and enemy-free, though the merchants and bankers are gone.

Or is it just that the village is still on fire? Regardless, there's plenty of island to have a house that's not near the village. Even if Covenant forces are still occupying and burning an empty village, they clearly haven't taken over the rest of the island.

But, this is a problem in other ES games as well. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wished that they could rebuild Kvatch in TESIV or at least put out the fires in the Bruma Mages Guild.