Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Resort Style Psiijic Villa

Sharalei
Sharalei
✭✭✭✭
I created this Villa as an entry into the Divine Design Alliance (DDA) Villastravaganza competition. Not wanting to decorate either the inside, nor the outside, of the existing Villa, I decided to build my dream paradise from scratch. Once I started laying floors, I found it hard to stop, as the ideas kept flowing. My vision evolved into something I'm very proud of.

The producer of this video is the exceptionally talented Delphinnia. I feel truly priveleged and humbled to that Delphinnia took the reigns on this one, as I have yet to get my head aorund video making. :) Thank you Delphinnia for your excellent, gorgeous production. You've captured the essense of my Villa perfectly!

Please enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESPGGyYWPlA&t=2s
Edited by Sharalei on December 2, 2018 3:24AM
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Sharalei :)

Just wanted to say how much I like your Psiijic Villa!

I remember what a very kind post you made when I posted my own Over-sea House months ago, and I'm so glad it inspired you to build this gorgeous place. Your Villa is so relaxing, and I love the decor in the various rooms, and the beautiful free-form rock pool by the waterfall. I particularly like that you've made an upper floor, and have also incorporated trees and flora in all the areas.

You've really captured the essence of a sea resort, and I hope you had loads of fun creating it.

Mine was on PTS, and you said that I'd have fun re-creating something similar when the Psiijic Villa became available on the live servers. Well, your lovely Resort has resparked that flame, and now I can't wait to start another version of the old one, once I've finished my current project. I hope you don't mind if I grab a couple of your ideas, such as the upper floor and the lovely pool (no slaughterfish!!).

Beautiful place :)

Edited by Aurie on November 30, 2018 12:10PM
  • Alexsae
    Alexsae
    ✭✭✭
    Such a beautiful creation! I would love to rest and rejuvenate in a place like that. I think Delphinia really captured the luxury resort vibe as well. Your villa feels almost real to me. Thank you so much for sharing.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sharalei , it was truly an honor and pleasure to be given the opportunity to capture the essence of your home and put it to video. You did an amazing job decorating as always! Your designs are award winning <3
    Thank you for putting your trust in me and your work in my hands for this.

@Alexsae , very kind of you to say, thank you. I mentioned this to Shara earlier and I'll share with you. I asked my son to close his eyes (I didn't tell him what it was for), and to just listen. I asked him what he saw. The first thing he said, was "I see a coral reef...I can picture swimming with tropical fish, you know, like in those exploration films?" I love being able to create "walk through" videos that maybe strike a chord with some viewers and I very much appreciate the compliment and to hear I was able to capture Shara's resort vibe, that really means a lot to me. tysm <3

Edited by Delphinia on December 2, 2018 9:17PM
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    Hi Sharalei :)

Just wanted to say how much I like your Psiijic Villa!

You've really captured the essence of a sea resort, and I hope you had loads of fun creating it.

Mine was on PTS, and you said that I'd have fun re-creating something similar when the Psiijic Villa became available on the live servers. Well, your lovely Resort has resparked that flame, and now I can't wait to start another version of the old one, once I've finished my current project. I hope you don't mind if I grab a couple of your ideas, such as the upper floor and the lovely pool (no slaughterfish!!).

Beautiful place :)

Hi Aurelle,

Thank you so much for giving such possitive feedback! :) When Devine Deisgn Alliance (DDA) said they were running a Villa competition, I'd already started to build this for myself as a dream getaway. So I quickly went into overdrive to get it done. lol I loved creating it, was so much fun. Ok, the floors sent me bonkers, trying to line them all up, matching to each other's corners, etc. I almost threw in the towel a few times when bugs happened, and looked like an earthquake had hit, forcing me to redo the fences & floors. Ouch! But in the end, it all came through ok. :) I actually won the competition. So proud! :)

So very happy that my villa has resparked the flame in you to build on water. You did a wonderful job the first time, such a tranquil space. I really hope to see your villa once finished. Please take anything you like from my villa, borrow ideas away! I think if we all learn and borrow from each other, it only leads to much better projects in the long run.

Have you considered joining a housing guild, to showcase your work? Having hundreds of people checking out your creaions? It's fulfilling. And DDA is a marvelous guild, full of truly lovely, helpful, positive-minded, encouraging people. Please consider, as I'd love to see you there!

<3

• Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alexsae wrote: »
    Such a beautiful creation! I would love to rest and rejuvenate in a place like that. I think Delphinia really captured the luxury resort vibe as well. Your villa feels almost real to me. Thank you so much for sharing.

Dear Alexae,

Thank you so much once again for your positive feedback. I know you love seeing other people's creations. Please consider joining DDA....you could see many, many, many more, from top designers! You do not have to be a great designer yourself, if you are worried about that. All levels welcome. And you do not have to enter the competitions. Just logg in regularly, stay active is all. I would love to see you there. :)

PS: I know it sounds like I"m advertising DDA guild. I"m not actually. Just taking the opportunity to invite those who I think are such a good fit, that it's a shame you are not already on board. :)
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    @Sharalei , it was truly an honor and pleasure to be given the opportunity to capture the essence of your home and put it to video. You did an amazing job decorating as always! Your designs are award winning <3
    Thank you for putting your trust in me and your work in my hands for this.

Ohhhh the thanks all belongs to you, ohhh Queen of the Videos. :) I am humbled that you agreed to film my villa. Your villa was amazing also, so emotionally touching, so pretty. <3
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice work, well done!
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    beautiful just beautiful.

so everything is outside with nothing interior. i just wished we had more slots to be so creative in both areas.

as a side note how much gold was involved? i call my villa the money pit as it is one.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sharalei I absolutely, completely adore this house Shar. You do utterly stellar work. Please don't ever stop creating! This house is a must see for anyone who hasn't seen it in person.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K couldn’t agree more! I am looking forward to seeing her next breathtaking creation!
    Edited by Delphinia on December 2, 2018 7:15PM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xerikten wrote: »
    as a side note how much gold was involved? i call my villa the money pit as it is one.

The Culanda lacquers alone that it took to make that gives me sticker shock! :D

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So very beautiful! :) Well done!
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xerikten wrote: »
    beautiful just beautiful.

so everything is outside with nothing interior. i just wished we had more slots to be so creative in both areas.

Jaraal wrote: »
    The Culanda lacquers alone that it took to make that gives me sticker shock! :D

Thank you both so much for the feedback and inquiry. :smiley:

Xerikten, I could not agree more! I would have loved to decorate the inside as well, set it up as luxury sleeping quarters for guests, and the pool area would have had a ton more glasses, bottles, etc., the little things. Staying within the 700 limit on a property this massive is a huge challenge in itself, and results in creations that cannot reach full potential.

Months ago, I'd built a massive structure for a competition that was cancelled. So, I recycled some of those materials. More than half of that original structure still stands. So I have plenty of builidng blocks for another build.

I actually don't mind what it costs, because designing and decorating houses is what gives me the most pleasure in this game. I will say though, thank goodness they halved the culanda cost on building blocks! :)
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    @Sharalei I absolutely, completely adore this house Shar. You do utterly stellar work. Please don't ever stop creating! This house is a must see for anyone who hasn't seen it in person.

<3<3<3 The funny thing is, I figured out how your addon, EHT, could have helped me, when I was on the final few slabs. lol Although, there is no way I could have built this to almost perfection without the awesome Magic Carpet. That helped me build more precisely, and lets face it, just a lot more fun! :) Thanks my friend.
    Delphinia wrote: »
    @R_K couldn’t agree more! I am looking forward to seeing her next breathtaking creation!

Yikes!!! No pressure Shar, no pressure at all! LOL <3<3<3
    Edited by Sharalei on December 2, 2018 11:51PM
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    So very beautiful! :) Well done!

Thanks Glaiceana, I'm so glad you enjoyed it. :)