The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorc Tank -- Blood Magic and Suppression Field

agasaagasai
agasaagasai
✭✭✭
Sorc's Blood Magic passive seems to be designed to synergize with Suppression Field: the former heals you for a percentage of health every 0.5 second whenerver you hit an enemy with Dark Magic abilities, while the latter is a Dark Magic ability that ticks every 0.5 second. But the Blood Magic heal seems to trigger only once per Suppression field, if at all (for some bosses, it doesn't seem to tick at all). Is this a bug?

Suppression Field is the only DoT in the Dark Magic skill line and could very well be a good self-healing life-saver ultimate for when resources are all low for a Sorc Tank.

PS: the visual for Suppression Field is also very inconsistent when used on bosses. Sometimes the purple bubble stays in place as should be, while other times it disappears when "target is immune" message appears ( I'm not trying to stun the boss of course :p, just trying to trigger the passive; the DoT is ticking normally though even after the bubble disappears).
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only the initial hit procs the heal...
    That's sad, but that would be OP if all ticks were healing you.
    Edited by Elwendryll on November 21, 2018 9:53AM
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elwendryll wrote: »

How OP in compare to warden trees? And you can even irrigate it with Earthgore blood rain that's adds even more healing with ground effect soaking.
    I wish if sorcerer tank ultimate healing have even third part of warden ultimate healing.
    We have such low group support and now even overload bar was axed to Oblivion.

Give sorc tanks group synergy, we really need.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How OP in compare to warden trees? And you can even irrigate it with Earthgore blood rain that's adds even more healing with ground effect soaking.
    I wish if sorcerer tank ultimate healing have even third part of warden ultimate healing.

The full duration of a negate (12 seconds) , that stuns up to 6 enemies, damages all the enemies continuously, and heals you for 10% of your max life each 0.5 seconds. That would be a 100% heal in 5 seconds, for a total of 240% of your max health for the full duration. If you play with 40k hp, that's basic immortality for 12 seconds, on top of control, moderate damage, and ground effect negation. And no heal to your allies.

The healing morph doesn't proc the self healing at all.

The warden three doesn't stun/silence or deal damage. It doesn't negate the enemy AOEs.

I don't want to talk about pvp here, if there is a problem somewhere, it's earthgore soaking negate, negate should prevent its proc in my opinion, or at least not be affected.

But don't make me wrong, I was deeply disappointed when I realized only the initial hit procced it. I wish it was working with each tick.
    Edited by Elwendryll on November 29, 2018 9:48AM
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.

• Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭

The full duration of a negate (12 seconds) , that stuns up to 6 enemies, damages all the enemies continuously, and heals you for 10% of your max life each 0.5 seconds. That would be a 100% heal in 5 seconds, for a total of 240% of your max health for the full duration. If you play with 40k hp, that's basic immortality for 12 seconds, on top of control, moderate damage, and ground effect negation. And no heal to your allies.

The warden three doesn't stun/silence or deal damage. It doesn't negate the enemy AOEs.

I don't want to talk about pvp here, if there is a problem somewhere, it's earthgore soaking negate, negate should prevent its proc in my opinion, or at least not be affected.

But don't make me wrong, I was deeply disappointed when I realized only the initial hit procced it. I wish it was working with each tick.

Because Dragonknights don't have immortality for 12 seconds and can solo Veteran Scalecaller Peak due to their Ultimate of Magma Armor....
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because Dragonknights don't have immortality for 12 seconds and can solo Veteran Scalecaller Peak due to their Ultimate of Magma Armor....

Without group control, without AOE removal. With melee damage.

And what's wrong with Dragonknights having high survivability?
    Edited by Elwendryll on November 29, 2018 3:53PM
    PC - EU - France - AD

• Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The full duration of a negate (12 seconds) , that stuns up to 6 enemies, damages all the enemies continuously, and heals you for 10% of your max life each 0.5 seconds. That would be a 100% heal in 5 seconds, for a total of 240% of your max health for the full duration. If you play with 40k hp, that's basic immortality for 12 seconds
    Like Dk ultimate, only dk have it better, cause you still can die to a oneshot and they can't.

It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorc can was able to solo it too :wink:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVvP2-aN36w&list=PL9k-TnpHUf4MKSkP8sMC1W1DEcywa2HMV
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Witar wrote: »
    The full duration of a negate (12 seconds) , that stuns up to 6 enemies, damages all the enemies continuously, and heals you for 10% of your max life each 0.5 seconds. That would be a 100% heal in 5 seconds, for a total of 240% of your max health for the full duration. If you play with 40k hp, that's basic immortality for 12 seconds
    Like Dk ultimate, only dk have it better, cause you still can die to a oneshot and they can't.

I am well aware of that, but as I said in my previous message, you can't expect an AOE damaging and CC ult, with removal of enemy's effects, to bring immortality too.
    PC - EU - France - AD

• Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats can be balanced via Synergy activation, like templar Nova have, but more just compare Negate to DK Ultimates

Standard of Might have moderate damage, decrease damage done to DK, increase his damage and those buff are separate from Major and Minor system, it also gives Shackle synergy for CC and damage have duration for 17 seconds and works with Combustion, World in Ruin, and Battle Roar for great sustain.

Or Magma Shell what basically make DK tank immortal for 10 seconds and on top of that's give group support via strong group shields, it also counts for Battle Roar resource restore.

And what Negate gives?
    Just stun on NPC what not work on elite and bosses and useless if enemy have immunity up.

Warden Trees are cheap, warden have great ulti gen and what sorc tank can have? We need group support and utility.

• Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not like you won't be using war horn for pve anyways
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what? I'll just fill a bug report about the passive not proccing on every ticks. And we should all do the same, maybe we'll get a straight answer xD

Maybe I misread the title, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't "Let's compare sorcerer ults to DK's and Warden's".
    Edited by Elwendryll on December 3, 2018 9:11AM
    PC - EU - France - AD