Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Enchanted Snow Globe Home

Rakvicka
Rakvicka
✭✭
Anyone else really disappointed that we cant buy it with ingame golds, only with crowns? Also how come, when Exorcised Coven Cottage (basicly same size) was purchasable with golds?
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Very disappointed. Good price but I can’t afford crowns with real money. And it’s too much work to gift a house.
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone confirm whether it has 600 slots as on the PTS?
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horrifically disappointed. I wanted that one so bad but am broke right now so there is NO way. I busted my butt to get enough gold, basing it on the price of the witches cottage. Don't even feel like logging in tbh.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep, a lot of us are disappointed (I've seen and posted in several related threads). I think all of us were hoping it would be available for gold as the Cottage was, but ZOS had other ideas. Guess they like playing the role of the Grinch at Christmas.

The holiday furnishing pack would have been enough, as I think a lot of players would have bought it, and many probably still will. I won't, however, even though I could decorate another home with it.

But, I can console myself with the fact that the home itself isn't really all that great. I was rather disappointed with it, actually, but I thought, well for $250K gold or so, I'd still get it. But for Crowns? Nope. It's an Imperial lighthouse in a snow globe. How does that even make sense, since lighthouses are, you know, near water to guide ships. Plus, it's in Eastmarch, land of the Nords, so you know, a Nord cottage would have made much more sense.

Then, there's the fact that they stuck the barn from Linchal Manor to the back of it - it's a really odd space with no windows, iirc. So, yeah, not so hard to pass on it, although I like the snowy exterior. But, the skybox is awful.

ETA: I really shouldn't be so salty, as they did give us the Grand Psijic Villa for free. And, I like the idea of CS exclusive homes that aren't giant monstrosities with exorbitant price tags. However, I still think this home should have been treated like the Exorcised Cottage, especially considering that we really aren't getting many new homes for gold.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on November 29, 2018 10:29PM
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe once the new life festival is live they will have an option to buy with gold
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent a fair bit of time on my EU toons also to get enough gold to buy the house for them. Don't play them a lot anymore, my friend in England hasn't been on much lately, but I loved that house and wanted it to be my primary for both servers. now though, I think I'm going to delete all of my EU toons and be done with them.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so disappointed. I really wanted it for my Christmas house. :'(@ZOS_GinaBruno I would like to beg, and please, and mew, and grovel that ZOS please make it available for gold those of us who can't afford to buy crowns can buy ourselves a lovely holiday gift.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Yep, a lot of us are disappointed (I've seen and posted in several related threads). I think all of us were hoping it would be available for gold as the Cottage was, but ZOS had other ideas. Guess they like playing the role of the Grinch at Christmas.

The holiday furnishing pack would have been enough, as I think a lot of players would have bought it, and many probably still will. I won't, however, even though I could decorate another home with it.

But, I can console myself with the fact that the home itself isn't really all that great. I was rather disappointed with it, actually, but I thought, well for $250K gold or so, I'd still get it. But for Crowns? Nope. It's an Imperial lighthouse in a snow globe. How does that even make sense, since lighthouses are, you know, near water to guide ships. Plus, it's in Eastmarch, land of the Nords, so you know, a Nord cottage would have made much more sense.

Then, there's the fact that they stuck the barn from Linchal Manor to the back of it - it's a really odd space with no windows, iirc. So, yeah, not so hard to pass on it, although I like the snowy exterior. But, the skybox is awful.

ETA: I really shouldn't be so salty, as they did give us the Grand Psijic Villa for free. And, I like the idea of CS exclusive homes that aren't giant monstrosities with exorbitant price tags. However, I still think this home should have been treated like the Exorcised Cottage, especially considering that we really aren't getting many new homes for gold.

A lighthouse in a snowglobe... think souvenir... I'm pretty sure various locations in Tamriel have their own version of tourist traps complete with junk gift shops that sell things no one needs to show they visited a place...
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm delighted with ZOS on this house. We have asked them to bring out more medium houses and here they give us a medium house, with 600 slots, for 4800crowns.
    This house represents a positive move in terms of CS houses. Yes, I know it would have been nice to have had a gold option but maybe they are testing he water to see if more people will buy houses if they stop charging €100$ for them.
    I really hope this trend continues and we see more medium homes under 5000 crowns.
    Thanks for listening on this one ZOS
    Edited by Zypheran on December 1, 2018 10:14PM
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    I'm delighted with ZOS on this house. We have asked them to bring out more medium houses and here they give us a medium house, with 600 slots, for 4800crowns.
    This house represents a positive move in terms of CS houses. Yes, I know it would have been nice to have had a gold option but maybe they are testing he water to see if more people will buy houses if they stop charging €100$ for them.
    I really hope this trend continues and we see more medium homes under 5000 crowns.
    Thanks for listening on this one ZOS

Ditto - you said what I was thinking as well. I'm happy with the house and 600 slots!

My thanks to ZOS as well.