The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[magsorc] Your shield's resistances and what you (don't) do about it.

• MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see how you can build enough damage, mitigation, mag recovery, self healing, HP for shields, etc. to be effective in open world.

Prove me wrong someone please! Show me a good max stat build that hits hard and has good mitigation.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MalagenR wrote: »
    I don't see how you can build enough damage, mitigation, mag recovery, self healing, HP for shields, etc. to be effective in open world.

Prove me wrong someone please! Show me a good max stat build that hits hard and has good mitigation.

Just equip that Armor Master or Plague Doctor and post on the forum you feel much stronger now. I don’t know how anyone can kill someone decent with a setup like that, but we heard the sky isn’t falling.

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm never going to be convinced that Armor Master is a good set for anything, especially sorcs. I can't believe it's a "9 trait" set!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Aldul
    Aldul
    ✭✭✭
    No set granting you resistances will make up for what happened to shields. We simply have to face the fact that sorcs have been nerfed. 5x Impen on your regular setup and a way more difficult time in Cyro is what we are up to.
    - - PVP -only, sorc-only - AD Veteran - -
    - CULTURES Social Guild (EU) -
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mighy Chudan is enough for me instead domihaus and illambris (dark elf for more stam)
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Aldul
    Aldul
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even use any monster set on the non-cp setup xD
    #mysecretmetabuild
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Abdul what is your gear? i'm wearing chudan but i'm getting killed with two blows if i dont block or dodge em
    Edited by oxygen_thief on November 21, 2018 2:43PM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aldul

The fun thing is I replaced my full divines setup with a full impen setup yesterday and hopped into Sotha. A higher survivability wasn’t really recognizable. The resists only show in a noticeable way if you really heavily invest into them. I’m not interested in that kind of play style though. At least the new armor is fashionable though. ;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • smarmyguy
    smarmyguy
    Aldul wrote: »
    smarmyguy wrote: »
    Check my build out. Done alot of testing on its really tanky, good sustain, hits quite hard.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=97524

very poor mag base regen. and I don't think armor master is too viable at all. even with decent killability having that spell dmg

Poor mag based regen? Infused reduced cost? Dark Conversion? Resto Heavy's? Lich? aha ok mate.

Alcast has just release a version of this with shackle instead of lich. Armour master is op and if you don't understand why then you don't understand sorcs this patch.
    PC Steve N Jake (Xbox eu)
    Mag Sorc: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=97524
    Mag DK

@smarmyguy (PC EU)
    Mag DK
  • Aldul
    Aldul
    ✭✭✭
    Poor mag based regen? Infused reduced cost? Dark Conversion? Resto Heavy's? Lich? aha ok mate.

Alcast has just release a version of this with shackle instead of lich. Armour master is op and if you don't understand why then you don't understand sorcs this patch.

oO

_base_ regen. lich cd 60s is just not my thing. infused reduced cost also is not the way to go. armor master is crap, ask anyone. willpower... meeh. try harder :expressionless: with the insults if you want, but I'd prefer a #goodvibe - maybe I show you my understanding of sorc with a duel. not on xbox, though, lol.

the 5 piece bonus is a joke since we only have harness to proc what boundless gives you easy. you give away offensively way more useful set pieces. I guess I'll have to talk to alcast once more :smiley: if he's your fallback argument.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

oO

_base_ regen. lich cd 60s is just not my thing. infused reduced cost also is not the way to go. armor master is crap, ask anyone. willpower... meeh. try harder :expressionless: with the insults if you want, but I'd prefer a #goodvibe - maybe I show you my understanding of sorc with a duel. not on xbox, though, lol.

the 5 piece bonus is a joke since we only have harness to proc what boundless gives you easy. you give away offensively way more useful set pieces. I guess I'll have to talk to alcast once more :smiley: if he's your fallback argument.

Fyi armor Master's effect is independent of major resolve etc, and can be stacked.

Wouldn't call the additional resistance op by any means. Pariah actually provides more resistance - but master can be slotted on just one bar if needed.

Either way, you're giving up what once was resource/max stat for resistance etc.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

oO

Armor master is a pretty strong set for solo play on mag sorc. You kind of have to give up those offensive set pieces this patch on sorc to get your shields to a respectable level. Armor master isn't the only set that can accomplish this but it's one of the few viable sets for mag sorc now. Lich/armor master/will power front bar/monster set is a good solo mag sorc build
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

oO

Armor master is a pretty strong set for solo play on mag sorc. You kind of have to give up those offensive set pieces this patch on sorc to get your shields to a respectable level. Armor master isn't the only set that can accomplish this but it's one of the few viable sets for mag sorc now. Lich/armor master/will power front bar/monster set is a good solo mag sorc build

And with which damage are you going to kill something? It’s a good build if you want to be a tank. Not everyone loves that play style though. To me it’s just totally unfun to play like that. And if I wanted, I could do that much better on a DK or Warden.

• thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

oO

And with which damage are you going to kill something? It’s a good build if you want to be a tank. Not everyone loves that play style though. To me it’s just totally unfun to play like that. And if I wanted, I could do that much better on a DK or Warden.

You get your kills from your combos. Your tooltips will still be very high. My problem with the build isn't really damage it's stamina sustain. The playstyle is still exactly the same as before though. If you played solo your sorc probably already didn't utilize any damage sets. The only difference this patch is you switched out a sustain set for a defensive set. The damage is almost identical though.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just equip that Armor Master or Plague Doctor and post on the forum you feel much stronger now. I don’t know how anyone can kill someone decent with a setup like that, but we heard the sky isn’t falling.

Yeah I thought so. Basically our defense is stacking crit resist and sustain now for spamming shields. Can't run around with enough Stam re

oO

You get your kills from your combos. Your tooltips will still be very high. My problem with the build isn't really damage it's stamina sustain. The playstyle is still exactly the same as before though. If you played solo your sorc probably already didn't utilize any damage sets. The only difference this patch is you switched out a sustain set for a defensive set. The damage is almost identical though.

Rat is correct, at bare minimum you need to have 15k tooltip frag, 14k tooltip curse, and 15k tooltip meteor for your standard kill combo.

This is why so many Sorc's are running Ele Drain this patch. The extra penetration vs. Chudan, Bloodspawn, Armor Master, Pariah, etc. plus the magicka regen.

Really the big change is deciding on 2 flex spots you have. If you want survivability you slot Matriarch now for the +HP and the heal. You put on Dark Exchange / Dark Deal depending on your stamina regen set up. I don't know how anyone plays with Witchmother's and less than 17k stamina.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I thought so. Basically our defense is stacking crit resist and sustain now for spamming shields. Can't run around with enough Stam re

oO

Rat is correct, at bare minimum you need to have 15k tooltip frag, 14k tooltip curse, and 15k tooltip meteor for your standard kill combo.

This is why so many Sorc's are running Ele Drain this patch. The extra penetration vs. Chudan, Bloodspawn, Armor Master, Pariah, etc. plus the magicka regen.

Really the big change is deciding on 2 flex spots you have. If you want survivability you slot Matriarch now for the +HP and the heal. You put on Dark Exchange / Dark Deal depending on your stamina regen set up. I don't know how anyone plays with Witchmother's and less than 17k stamina.

Very difficultly. I've been running Pariah and Bright Throat with Witchmothers. The damage is pretty much the same as where it was last patch, since then I was running Shackle and Alteration Mastery. But the low stam is pretty rough. And the sustain that Alteration provided is noticeably missing. Honestly, I am considering switching back to Shackle and Alteration, continuing running bloodspawn, and just switching all of my enchants to tri-stat. Get my health up to 30K in Cyrodil and call it a day.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭

my nocp build has 12k frag and 10.5k curse but its not enough to kill somebody in battlegrounds thus i think values you have mentioned are too small. i dont understand how people play in armor master or pariah
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

my nocp build has 12k frag and 10.5k curse but its not enough to kill somebody in battlegrounds thus i think values you have mentioned are too small. i dont understand how people play in armor master or pariah

15k frag crit vs. 12k frag crit and 10.5k curse crit vs. 14k curse crit is where you make up the difference in killing. That and your combo all needs to hit at the same time to drop someone below 20% for the execute.

Lots of people see a good Sorc combo get completed and they think it's op - they don't understand exactly how much goes into making sure your weapon enchant procs, your curse goes off at the same time as your ultimate hits, your execute lands, and frag lands to pop someone.

If your values are at 12k - what's your penetration?
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And that's single target. Good luck against the zergs or ball groups.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MalagenR

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=81158
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MalagenR

Are you open to some suggestions?
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MalagenR

sure
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MalagenR

Nevermind, I didn't see you that this was a No-CP build. With CP you'd have very good tool tips. What you're running is more than enough, though if I would make a suggestion it would be to change Shacklebreaker to Bright Throat if you can afford it.

• oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MalagenR

Nevermind, I didn't see you that this was a No-CP build. With CP you'd have very good tool tips. What you're running is more than enough, though if I would make a suggestion it would be to change Shacklebreaker to Bright Throat if you can afford it.
    it will reduce my damage and stamina pool. max magicka is not vital anymore. i dont think this set is good for this patch.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

You are going to need some trench coats for all that streaking ;)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual