Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Why is AwesomiumProcess.exe using so much CPU?

alewis478b14_ESO
alewis478b14_ESO
✭✭✭
First, what is AwesomiumProcess.exe?

And why is it using so much CPU?
  • elfindreams
    elfindreams
    ✭✭
    It could be overwolf. I am pretty sure overwolf uses http://www.awesomium.com/ and there had been some problems with overwolf and the beta conflicting.
  • alewis478b14_ESO
    alewis478b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The file location for AwesomoniumProcess is in the Elder Scrolls folder
  • elfindreams
    elfindreams
    ✭✭
    Right my thought would be if they are both using different versions of the dll they might be conflicting.
  • alewis478b14_ESO
    alewis478b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, I see. No, I don't have anything else running. Other than TeamSpeak but turning that off doesn't affect it.
  • elfindreams
    elfindreams
    ✭✭
    Well to answer your original question Awesomium is a webkit embeddable HTML rendering engine (of sorts). Not sure why or how ESO would be using it unless they are using it for chat or some of their UI.
  • elfindreams
    elfindreams
    ✭✭
    Just a hunch, try quitting the launcher program while eso itself is still running and does the CPU drop?
  • alewis478b14_ESO
    alewis478b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't but thanks for pointing out that it's still running.
  • Raif
    Raif
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there,

Name's Raif, and I'm the Overwolf Community Manager.

Just wanted to weigh in and say that it is definitely not from Overwolf (not one of the processes we run).

For those who are having trouble with Overwolf and ESO, it's because we don't support it (yet!). We'll be releasing support for it soon. There was a change from something from beta to launch that we had to pull support for it last second but we will be releasing it soon.
    Overwolf Community Manager - Here to help in any way =)
    www.Overwolf.com
  • Adalich
    Adalich
    Question on this as well, the only think I have running is the loading screen as I wait to load cyrodiil. I shut the launcher down as soon as I press play.

I know its not related to anything else I have installed on my pc except the basic elder scrolls install so just wondering why it is installed and running. More importantly can I just kill it.

well I did as I was stuck hanging trying to get into cyrodiil.

it starts running after your character is logged in and loaded and the launcher is shut down, who knows ?
  • Belrim
    Belrim
    ✭✭✭
    Awesomium is used in other mmo's to handle in-game stores, for example, and if terminated, one can no-longer use that particular service, untill game restart.

Dont know what its used in ESO, tho. But i suppose one could kill the process during gameplay, and see what stops working. If not the whole game ;)
    Early bird gets the worm, but second mouse gets the cheese.
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    First, what is AwesomiumProcess.exe?

And why is it using so much CPU?
    Awesomium is used in-game for the Help/ Support stuff and also for the /bug, /feedback etc.