Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Major Exploit: Undaunted Daily Randoms

• MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is the exploit I think it is, I'm disappointed that people are actually arguing it shouldn't be fixed and OP is wrong for making a deal out of it.

One of my randoms last night was Mazzatun, and our healer immediately bailed and tried to do this thing we're talking around without describing. The rest of us just ignored him and 3-manned it with my DPS Sorc with off-heals becoming a DPS/Heals hybrid. It was actually a lot of fun, and that idiot healer missed out.

For crying out loud, just do the dungeon you got. The DLC dungeons aren't that bad on Normal. If 3 pugs can do it without a real healer, you can, too.

Most importantly, under no circumstances do you deserve the rewards of a random dungeon without the risks that randomness opens you up to.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on November 30, 2018 9:26PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS will patch this "exploit" long before they fix the queue issue.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one has answered the simple question of why they care what dungeon other people do to get the same exact reward they would have gotten within the rolled dungeon.

Are you angry because you feel a rule is being broken?

Do you feel slighted because people are being dishonorable and should die on the sword dealt to them?

Is it some kind of social justice to keep people honest?

Again, this doesn't matter to me, I would do vet fanglair and scalecaller if that is what the event called for. I have 0 issues clearing any 4 man content in this game on multiple roles, but I don't care what dungeon other people are running to get the same thing I am getting.

It just seems so petty and trivial compared to the actual larger problems, i.e. not being able to do a dungeon at all.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ramber wrote: »
    What, Ertosi, makes you this this isnt working as designed? One could argue both sides but your passion on the subject is a little over dramatic.

The finder simply finds a dungeon then passes off to a completion or non completion of A dungeon not THE dungeon. That is a very specific programming choice. or to put it another way, the system is currently working as it is designed. If they wanted to attach us to a specific dungeon (for the 15 minute timer) come what may (bugged content, bad dps where u go nowhere, tanks that aren't tanks, healers that aren't healers, etc..) they easily could by altering the same line of code that allows it.

Possibly. Or, maybe the developer made incomplete assumptions about how people would be using the DF? Exploits are often places where the developer did not correctly anticipate how something would be used.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought the reason for doing this wasn't just to choose which random you run but to kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.

Is it an exploit or does ZOS not care if people do that?
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @hippie4927 as i've been explained to, during this event it is used to circumvent the assigned random dungeon so a different one which is the easiest to clear (literally takes 4minutes with a solid group) can be done.

The reasoning provided to me was that with 15 characters, zoning into even normal moonhunter or scalecaller would take 30m or more, sometimes with the wrong group not even able to be done, so the rationalization is do the one that can be done by anyone, soloed by any competent player and get 15 reward box chances.

I'm not saying its right or wrong, or even that I fully understand the motivations of either side, just trying to keep an open discussion and not attack anyone
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    @hippie4927 as i've been explained to, during this event it is used to circumvent the assigned random dungeon so a different one which is the easiest to clear (literally takes 4minutes with a solid group) can be done.

The reasoning provided to me was that with 15 characters, zoning into even normal moonhunter or scalecaller would take 30m or more, sometimes with the wrong group not even able to be done, so the rationalization is do the one that can be done by anyone, soloed by any competent player and get 15 reward box chances.

I'm not saying its right or wrong, or even that I fully understand the motivations of either side, just trying to keep an open discussion and not attack anyone

I get that but I heard there was another reason for doing it. I wouldn't know! o:)
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one has answered the simple question of why they care what dungeon other people do to get the same exact reward they would have gotten within the rolled dungeon.

Are you angry because you feel a rule is being broken?

Do you feel slighted because people are being dishonorable and should die on the sword dealt to them?

Is it some kind of social justice to keep people honest?

Again, this doesn't matter to me, I would do vet fanglair and scalecaller if that is what the event called for. I have 0 issues clearing any 4 man content in this game on multiple roles, but I don't care what dungeon other people are running to get the same thing I am getting.

It just seems so petty and trivial compared to the actual larger problems, i.e. not being able to do a dungeon at all.

Hypothetical:

I need to do Moon Hunter Keep for the Achievement, Skill Point, Bust, and quest. I don't have a group to do it with me.

You want to do a random dungeon for the rewards.

I queue for MHK, you queue for random. We get put in the dungeon together. You get your random dungeon and the associated reward, I get the dungeon I needed. Everybody wins. Situations like this are a big part of why there even is a Group Finder at all and why it needs people willing to take their chances in order to work.

So you take your chances. Maybe you'll get FG1. Maybe you'll get MHK. Maybe you'll get 4 pugs who know their stuff and you'll burn through the dungeon in no time. Maybe you'll get a bunch of noobs and have to struggle through the simplest of content. For taking this risk, you get a pretty decent reward.

And yet, you can already skip the risk of getting a weak group by taking a premade group into GF and selecting a random, getting all the same rewards while cutting your risk way, way down. That's awfully darn generous of ZOS to allow that. But even then, some of us want to cut our risk all the way down to zero by queuing for a random and then choosing our dungeon for ourselves.

If you're not willing to take the risks of a random, you don't deserve the full rewards associated with that risk.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on November 30, 2018 10:48PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK @MasterSpatula , thats a valid point and well laid out. I can see the issues that could arise from that because even if you dropped to re queue for the dungeon you needed, you would be penalized because you got grouped with players that were trying to circumvent the perceived limitations of the system.

I am ignorant about the group finding algorithm as I rarely use it, I started a dungeon guild in 2014 and have a friends list that is populated with like minded people. When someone needs MHK or any dungeon for that matter, they can rely on me to get a group that will clear it.

For the people that do not have that luxury I can see why this would be a problem, but is that an edge case scenario? Do people use the dungeon finder to pug the hardest and longest dungeons in the game? That seems a bit counter intuative to me, but again, I'm operating without all the facts.

I just want to make this clear that I am not advocating for anyone to try and circumvent systems. I create systems for a living and it sucks when people skirt your hard work.

• MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK @MasterSpatula , thats a valid point and well laid out. I can see the issues that could arise from that because even if you dropped to re queue for the dungeon you needed, you would be penalized because you got grouped with players that were trying to circumvent the perceived limitations of the system.

I am ignorant about the group finding algorithm as I rarely use it, I started a dungeon guild in 2014 and have a friends list that is populated with like minded people. When someone needs MHK or any dungeon for that matter, they can rely on me to get a group that will clear it.

For the people that do not have that luxury I can see why this would be a problem, but is that an edge case scenario? Do people use the dungeon finder to pug the hardest and longest dungeons in the game? That seems a bit counter intuative to me, but again, I'm operating without all the facts.

I just want to make this clear that I am not advocating for anyone to try and circumvent systems. I create systems for a living and it sucks when people skirt your hard work.

I have done every DLC dungeon on Normal via GF, solo queued, at least once. I didn't necessarily have to, but sometimes getting a guild run together actually takes longer than just queuing.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    What’s the outcome of the exploit?

You don’t have to post the “how to” exploit, but what exactly are the exploiters getting out of it?

@chunkyCat the alleged exploit is queuing for a random dungeon and then doing a different dungeon than was randomly chosen for exactly the same rewards as you would have gotten had you done the 1st dungeon.

Basically I believe and I dont want to put words in anyones mouth, but the problem is people may feel that this is a circumvention of the system and you should be required to complete the specific dungeon that your random group was assigned.

There are valid arguments for both sides of this issue.
    There are a couple ironic things about all of this.
    • First, It's assumed it's the dungeon that's intended to be random, not the combined group.
    • Second, it's automatically assumed that someone queues Super Hard Dungeon #45 and trades it off for Super Easy Dungeon #4 when in fact it could be they're trading Super Easy Dungeon #4 for Super Hard Dungeon #45, perhaps for gear, motifs, or the fact that they're Gawd Awful bored from running SED #4 a thousand times. It's equally not as if the only way access either one is via RDF.
    • Seems most would be far more upset over one than the other, the end result of which is the same in either scenario: I single Transmute crystal, A Powered Bow of Endurance, a couple soul gems, and the exact same amount of XP.
    • The argued 'exploit' point being, you're changing the terms of the system. You're technically changing the terms of the system if someone leaves group and you find a replacement, yet no one could care less about that.
    • It's also effectively no different than going "Nope, don't want to do that one," eating the penalty or just switching alts, and queuing again until you get the dungeon that ultimately switched to.
    • There's no real advantage to be gained and nothing is happening that can only be done in the way proposed.

OP, I guarantee exactly three things:
    1. They've known about this for ages.
    2. They absolutely do not care about this above 10,000 other things in more dire need of fixing.
    3. I don't do it, but In short, it affects nothing in a way that couldn't be reproduced normally in game, half a dozen other ways.

To be perfectly clear on my stance, IDGAF, because of all broken things in this game, this one is so minor and unaffecting that I'm not entirely sure why anyone bothered, other than to stir the pot. (OP could have PM'd a mod detail just as easily vs making a forum post.)

One provides feedback, the other draws attention. Just throwing that out there.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    It could also be that fixing this would lead to worse performance and more queues. This gets taken away and either what I said above ends up happening, or people just disband, regroup and queue again till they get one of the easier dungeons. I can't imagine that being good for the servers performance, but I could be wrong.

This very well could be the case. Apparently this issue has been around since group finder itself, so I find it hard to believe ZOS would not be aware of it. Your idea would explain their silence, if they are aware of it. They certainly wouldn't come on and say "Yes, this is an exploit, but we can't do anything about it, so please don't do it." They would, in that circumstance, just remain silent. If it wasn't an exploit and they were aware of it, there is no reason I can come up with to explain their silence.

As a programmer, it seems to me it would be a very simple matter to correct. As soon as the Random Dungeon is first selected, save the variable of which dungeon it is. When they complete their dungeon, check to see if its the same one they were assigned. If not, then no Random Dungeon rewards are deserved. A single variable being saved and later verified is not going to noticeably impact performance.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (OP could have PM'd a mod detail just as easily vs making a forum post.)

One provides feedback, the other draws attention. Just throwing that out there.

Is PMing the mod stuff like this considered acceptable? When deciding which of those two actions would be the best course, I certainly would have preferred a PM but honestly felt it presumptuous to directly contact any mod and instead used the commonly seen method of @'ing their names to invite them to the conversation, if interested.
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    It's not an exploit or they would have hotfixed it the very minute someone reported it years ago.

LOL, you know how long it took them to fix the exploit whereby people could get multiple Premium rewards by running more than one Daily Random Dungeon in a day?

I'll give you a hint - it wasn't an immediate hotfix.

However, they did get to it reasonably quickly only after it became general knowledge thanks to a forum post.
    Edited by VaranisArano on November 30, 2018 11:38PM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ertosi wrote: »
    Random in this context appears to be any dungeon, so completing a dungeon while in the random queue satisfies the criteria of the system.

That part is dead false. Where it true, a player's Randomly Daily would automatically trigger on its own upon completion of any dungeon. That is not the case. People are intentionally glitching the system by joining the Random Daily queue and then triggering the exploit. There's a distinct difference.

You are too stuck on the fact that you think you are correct to actually understand the concept. I am simply stating that the word random may be conceptually based on the group and not the dungeon.

You conveniently left out being in a random group and tried to assign criteria to a system you didn't design nor know the scope or intent of.

Very well could be that you are correct and that the systems qualifications for a random group should be changed to only that specific dungeon that was rolled upon, but again you don't know what the emphasis of random is.

You are saying that person A takes action B and its exploiting a system, I am saying that person A's action very well could not be exploitative in the context of this game and it's creators.

I'm thinking you are wrong on this one. I often queue for the pledges and go in with a random group. I never get the random daily reward for doing so. Obviously the reward is for random group and random dungeon. If it is group only I might be owed a lot of daily rewards. It's an exploit but for the most part a harmless one. Only time it becomes an issue is when part of the group wants to take advantage and part of the group is okay with doing the harder content.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its hard to be right or wrong when presenting an opinion.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's fascinating to what weird conversations the North Korean inspired TOS leads. Reminds me of some children game.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • hexnotic
    hexnotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's all fun and games until you're trying to do a DLC dungeon pledge, and the rest of your Q ports to Fungal Grotto I.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding to my earlier post. I can group with three other people in my guild queue for a random dungeon and get the daily reward. Knowing joining a random group to get into a specific dungeon has no reward but a preformed group doing a random dungeon does get the reward takes all the guess out of what part of random is being emphasized.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i will repeat myself from the other post on this topic.

Random queue should not intersect with specific queues then. If you want to do a specific dungeon, you queue and you wait until 3 other people that want to do that dungeon are found.

Why do you get to dictate what dungeon is run for 3 other people in random queue?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    What’s the outcome of the exploit?
    You don’t have to post the “how to” exploit, but what exactly are the exploiters getting out of it?
    @ChunkyCat

Queue for a random dungeon, once you're in the (random) dungeon, port to a really simple dungeon like Fungal Grotto I and do a speed run, collect your random dungeon reward. Rinse and repeat.

So basically, you get all the extra rewards from queuing for a random dungeon while still doing a specific dungeon (presumably easy and quick) of your choice.
    dry.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on December 1, 2018 5:20AM
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I don't know what this exploit is, or do I care. There are so many damn exploits in the game. Like in real life, if you get caught speeding or commit a crime, then the authorities/court will decide your fate. Likewise in this game, the court is pretty much ZOS, and if you break the rules/conducts emplaced for this game, then it's up to them to decide your fate; or whether they want to do anything about it or not. I commend the OP for speaking up for what he sees something is not right.
  • nuvak
    nuvak
    ✭✭✭
    So, you get a 5min Dungeon instead of perhaps 10min in average, but the reward works as intended? Doesn't sound like a *major* exploit, like the one with the daily reward resetting not working correctly some time ago. Of course, it someone listed for a specific, then it's lousy to do that, but if everyone agrees and you are in a premade group anyway, the overall damage seems minimal. I would not use it and it should be fixed, but there are really bigger problems in the game at the moment.
    Why do you get to dictate what dungeon is run for 3 other people in random queue?

That's the whole point why random exists, to improve the chances of those looking to do something specific. For giving up the choice you get a special reward as compensation. Sure, full premade groups subvert that design, but that is a concession to the play-anything-with-your-friends design.
    Edited by nuvak on December 1, 2018 1:46PM
  • Smith4HirePmMe2Order
    I get wanting to do the doungen u got if you havent done it before. but you have to remember several things.

1: Not everyone likes pve, so they want to get the "chore/event" overwith so they can go back to doing things they consider fun.
    2: When you have 9+ charecter's and events like this pop up, the grind of doing this will suck your will to live right out from under you. When that happens, i promise ya that you will be all to happy to do anything you can to make it as quick, efficient and reduce as much pain as possible.
    3: Random normal's aren't usually very hard. BUT, people do take the times like this to level power characters & skill bars using the daily random normal XP, and problems arise with groups of 3-4 characters with no skills, no skill points, no gear and mixed matched rolls. Then even simple dungeons become wipes and further mentally drain vets who just wanna get this crap over with and get back into, housing, marketing, pvp, farming, w/e else they find fun other than PVE..

Again when you multiply scenario 3 (or worse all 3 of them): by the number of characters you have to do each day, AND multiply that by the duration of the event... playing the game quickly goes from being fun, to a truly awful monotonous chore filled grind that burns you out, and makes it so you don't even wanna login to the game anymore.

I dont know (or even care) if this is/isnt an exploit.
    If people want to skip dungeons/partys, im Ok with that.
    Im also OK with people who dont want to skip.

I merely think it should be upto the choice of what the majority of that group wants to do..

Besides if you want to do specific dungeons, you can que for the dungeons you want directly. and or join a guild/forum a preset party with ur friends and knock the specific dungeons out.
    Edited by Smith4HirePmMe2Order on December 1, 2018 3:06PM
    Quality of life changes that desperately need to happen in order make ESO Better for everyone!
    Forget new content for awhile & forget adding new DLC, this is a list of what is actually needed in the game.
    1: Change the ESO+ Housing item limit from 2x to 3x. (preferably 4x)
    2: Add a working Exit wayshrine item for housing.
    (Needs to be added as a special achievement item for finding all wayshrines in the game, & should use the same slots & operate the exit shrines in cyro, where you cant port to them but you can use them to leave the house and go anywhere u want)
    3: Add a GUILD Banker & Store NPC for housing.
    (willing to pay 5k crowns if it does both Or 2.5k crowns each if they split them and have 2 Npcs(1 for each banker/store))
    4: Add Writ boards and Writ Drop-off's for housing.
    (willing to pay 2.5k crowns for each board+1k crowns per Drop off box=11k total crowns
    5: Cut the crown price of Mundus stones IN HALF, and refund the difference in crowns to the few people who have already bought them.
    (If Zo$ was my dog, ied roll up a news paper and smack you in the nose repeatedly for this. 4k per stone x13 stones? what were you thinking?!!
    6: Multi Attuneable crafting stations. (this one change will solve so many issues with item limits. Make it so you have to 'feed' existing attuned tables to the new station to unlock its drop down effects. This kills 2 birds with 1 stone.)
    7: Change the amount of transmutation gems needed to change a trait from 50 to 10, Increase the drop rates of all Geode sources by 10x.
    8: Release more crafting recipes in the game for housing, Dark elf bed of coals/Outdoor and indoor fires/Orcish Column Brazier/Imperial Forge/Beehives/Grape vinyards/smaller greenhouse than the one currently ingame (half the size), We know they are already in the game. These were on the original housing PTS then like 60% of the good stuff disappeared when housing hit the live server.
    9: ESO+ life time membership option.
    10: Permanent craft bag unlock for crowns.
    11: REMOVE BIND ON PICKUP FOR EVERYTHING EXCEPT QUEST ITEMS! PLZ ABOLISH THIS TRASH RESTRICTION!!! Change all current non quest BOP items to BOE. PvPers don't like being forced to run pve for gear, and pve-ers don't like being forced to run pvp for their gear either. The solution is so simple let people run the content they like and trade their drops on the open market..
    12: Add New Fishing rods that you can unlock with bonuses for catching rate fish. spending 6 hours trying to get ONE blue fish using all of the buffs currently available is cancer, especially when you have to do this for 12 fish per zone times 40+ zones. In-fact just overhaul fishing totally and make it like Farcry 5 where you KNOW exactly which holes and locations the each of the rares will spawn. Make the T2 bait ACTUALLY & NOTICEABLY WORK, and combine it with better rods & better fishing related food buff so we can just reel in the rare fish like crazy. Even with all that its still gonna take a week or more of grinding to get all the fish, but thats better than a LITERAL FREAKING YEAR of fishing just for a housing boat item that doesn't even do anything...
    13: Playable Games inside houses (basically just make all the decorative game furnishings actually intractable so we can play against other players. This would give a nice bump to housing utility and community building, RPers would also probably appreciate this).
    14: A 'Port to Guild House' Option on the main guild page.
    15: Add Functional Things to housing/guild halls that your guild can contribute to unlock as a group effort. An example of stuff would be like a 5% damage buff during overland content for all guild members, or buffs for dungeons/trails. Another example would be unlock tokens for people with super hard to get achievements like someone with the grand master fisher, they could donate a token to the guild that unlocks usable fishing plots inside the guild that the GM/House owner could place down. This would then let people travel to the guild hall and collect a Daily account Limit from housing harvesting nodes. Nothing crazy that would break the economy, just like 30 or so resources from each daily harvest able nodes for each of the skills. It would be even better if they were special enhanced versions of the normal ore/wood etc. that gave a refining bonus for tempers like double the chance to get tempers. (double the chance to get tempers on such a small amount of resources wouldn't actually make a big impact on economy, but the COOL factor would be off the charts so i see no reason why this couldn't be done).
    16: Solo Dungeons, Much like solo trials this would be a 1 person equivalent of a 4 person dungeon. It would be even cooler if you could have your new companion NPC come with you on these, but we will have to see how good that companion system is first.
  • tthhyyss
    tthhyyss
    ✭✭✭
    Cough*Cough*Taddletale*Cough*Cough :p
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get wanting to do the doungen u got if you havent done it before. but you have to remember several things.

1: Not everyone likes pve, so they want to get the "chore/event" overwith so they can go back to doing things they consider fun.
    2: When you have 9+ charecter's and events like this pop up, the grind of doing this will suck your will to live right out from under you. When that happens, i promise ya that you will be all to happy to do anything you can to make it as quick, efficient and reduce as much pain as possible.
    3: Random normal's aren't usually very hard. BUT, people do take the times like this to level power characters & skill bars using the daily random normal XP, and problems arise with groups of 3-4 characters with no skills, no skill points, no gear and mixed matched rolls. Then even simple dungeons become wipes and further mentally drain vets who just wanna get this crap over with and get back into, housing, marketing, pvp, farming, w/e else they find fun other than PVE..

Again when you multiply scenario 3 (or worse all 3 of them): by the number of characters you have to do each day, AND multiply that by the duration of the event... playing the game quickly goes from being fun, to a truly awful monotonous chore filled grind that burns you out, and makes it so you don't even wanna login to the game anymore.

I merely think it should be upto the choice of what the majority of that group wants to do..

Besides if you want to do specific dungeons, you can que for the dungeons you want directly. and or join a guild/forum a preset party with ur friends and knock the specific dungeons out.

You know, last year, somehow we managed to run random dungeons on all of our characters the way it was intended - running the dungeon we got or accepting the queue penalty of 15 minutes and hoping for an eaiser one.

Did you get lazier over the last year or something?
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    It's a good thing I only care about tickets, and that Fungal Grotto 1 can be duoed.

Yesterday, I and three others did Wayrest Sewers 2, and today, Banished Cells 1 with another three. But only because everyone wants their mystery boxes, so it's hard to get someone from a guild or friends list to duo FG1 with. Fortunately, WS2 went well.

To me, despite one of my respected GM's assurances that this sort of thing is not, it still feels a bit iffy to me. A random dungeon being supposed to be, you know, random.

I just want the event tickets...
  • Kooky_Koala
    If this refers to the practice of some people getting into a dungeon from group finder then leaving to go do an easy dungeon like Fungal Grotto, then I don't have very much sympathy. People have been very frustrated that the group finder is not working and players have to wait and wait, clicking F for ready over and over. That some people then decide to cheese it instead of doing the likes of a DLC dungeon that they got randomly assigned is hardly surprising. There is an event on and many players want to get their event boxes on multiple characters. They have so much time to play in and ZOS are wasting people's time by having a game that is not working correctly.

For myself I do not want to cheat or exploit and to my knowledge, the above has not been noted as an exploit. Right now, the game has been down for 5 to 6 hours of maintenance, then I have not been able to log in to PC EU from my Steam purchased ESO launcher for over 8 hours. I won't be able to do my daily crafting writs on 10 characters today. If I want any event drops and I get on right now, it is 22.41 and I don't intend to go to bed in the early hours of the morning. What sort of temptation do you think players have to cheese a random normal under these conditions?
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure that the how to is posted in the forum, and if they wanted to fix it would have done so last year
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it isn't fun why are you doing it at all? And those players with no skill points no gear and all that are getting the easy dungeons anyway without the exploit. The dungeon you get is meant to be random. So far it seems ZoS isn't all that concerned but that doesn't mean this isn't an exploit. But I want to do all my characters isn't an excuse.