Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

This item cannot be added to your library because it is restricted from your country?

Guybrush10
Guybrush10
Soul Shriven
Hi all
i wanna start of by saying that i already own ESO but i dont have it on steam, My dad gifted me a copy of ESO today and his gifted me many other games in the past but when i try and accept ESO gift i get this error : This item cannot be added to your library because it is restricted from your country. Anyone got any idea how i fix this? the game isnt region locked as far as i know and like i said i alrdy have the game installed just wanted to buy it on steam for the free copy of morrrowind that comes with it.

thanks
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better to contact customer support on this one.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be a limitation imposed solely by Steam too... I know for a fact that they have strong restrictions on cross-region gifting due to the fact that they basically "adapt" prices to the country when they switched to use the local currency for price listing.

I.e. I cannot buy a game on my region and gift it, say, to someone in Europe, for example... I know because I tried :(

But in this case, assuming both of you are in the same country I don't see how this could even apply, but even so, I thought I would mention just in case you need to contact Steam for solving this.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Soviet Russia, the game plays you.