Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Custom-built over-sea house in Grand Psijic Villa

• Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    Maryal wrote: »
    Very nice. You did a fantastic job decorating!

I do have a question. Every time I've been to the Villa it's daylight. I know everywhere else there is a day/night cycle, but I've never seen it be nighttime at the Villa. So my question is whether there a day/night cycle there at the Villa.

There is no night as such. Yet neither is there true day. I suppose the closest description of the quality of the light would be dawn or twilight, ranging from a rosy hue where the sun appears round the edge of a ruin-clothed crag:

n6x64jmeasbv.png

to shades of violet and blue as the 'day' draws to a close on the side near the moons:

uqqhlbsfsym6.png

The sun, if you can call it that, does rise from behind that crag and start to travel across the sky, but rapidly appears to fade in significance and clarity. It should affect the casting of shadows, yet interestingly on looking at my screenshots, the shadows always seem to be falling in the same direction. I think this may be because the sun doesn't actually appear to get very far in its orbit.

The two moons or planets on the other side of the sea's horizon are constant and hang in the same location. In addition there are always stars/far away planets, connected by beams (for want of a better description) and these do swing through the sky to an extent, although this is not terribly obvious, and their intensity gradually fades in and out .

The location oozes cosmic mysticism, and this is best appreciated from over the sea. It is a truly magical place.

There. You asked a simple question and got a lecture!

Thank you! :)
  • TwIsTeDReDQuEeN
    TwIsTeDReDQuEeN
    ✭✭✭
    ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    Stunning!! Beautifully done!!! I hope to see more of your builds!
  • Doctor_Demento
    Doctor_Demento
    ✭✭✭
    Nice job. It looks good and I understand how much fun it is doing this kind of thing. I have 22 homes/apartments now and have had a blast doing them up. One of these days I'll figure out a easy way to make videos of them all and post em up, LOL. I am just finishing up the last on my Grand Psijic Villa. And for all you saying you've thought about doing something with one of the homes, do it, you'll love doing it.
  • Doctor_Demento
    Doctor_Demento
    ✭✭✭
    Maryal wrote: »
    Very nice. You did a fantastic job decorating!

I do have a question. Every time I've been to the Villa it's daylight. I know everywhere else there is a day/night cycle, but I've never seen it be nighttime at the Villa. So my question is whether there a day/night cycle there at the Villa.

Yes I have noticed that as well and find is disturbing. I love playing with the shadows and lighting and it is just weird with it being this odd daylight 24/7. I wish they would fix it. They want to do the Artaeum that way, fine. I get it. Its a magic island that exist nowhere. BUT the Villa is just off the coast of Summerset actually on the map. Don't know why they stuck the entrance off of Artaeum. And it is Summerset style Villa, NOT Artaeum style at all. So yeah there is that.
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    Because the house description is that it was removed from Summerset when Artaeum left Nirn.
  • CrisXD
    CrisXD
    ✭✭✭
    Very impressive👌 great job!
    PS4 EU
    Tamriel Dance Masters:
    AD - Altmer MagSorc, Altmer Magplar, Redguard StamBlade(PVP)
    EP - Nord Tank, Altmer MagSorc(PVP), Dunmer MagBlade(PVP)
    DC - Redguard StamWarden, Breton MagDK

GM - The Taverneers PS4 EU

Feeling Fresh Traders PS4 EU
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aurelle1 Very nice job. Truly original and well executed.

I've seen your Villa over-sea house long time ago but couldn't remember the thread name. Very original and spectacular.

Edited by RANKK7 on November 30, 2018 6:54PM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • lunarsyed
    lunarsyed
    ✭✭✭
    is there a video tour of this over sea house?
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazingly beautiful build over the water, @Aurelle1 - great work!
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    Amazingly beautiful build over the water, @Aurelle1 - great work!

Thank you R_K <3

This is a pretty old build from PTS......Lunarsyed must have been looking at stuff from quite a way back! No I didn't make a video, although most other people do, and that shows their houses off beautifully :)

Sharalei (way back again) said I would probably have a ton of fun recreating it on live. Well I did make another build, but the dark side of me was on the ascendancy at the time, and I don't think people liked it very much :p
    New custom build at Grand Psijic Villa

• Allen1982
    Allen1982
    That home is very well put together and beautiful but if you don't do RP then with time it gets boring. Most stuff in the player homes are not usable they are all static items. The items in your home should have more functionality to them or some type of benefit. Just like the crafting stuff and target dummies.
    Edited by Allen1982 on March 23, 2019 5:52AM