Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dungeon search not working

Aphexios
Aphexios
✭✭✭
We are experiencing massive problems with the dungeon search. We are a group of four players. Creating the group is already problematic, after accepting the invitation the players get the message that they cannot join the group. However, after 10-15 seconds you will still automatically join the group. We want to play a random dungeon and join the queue. We all get the ready check and accept them all, but after a few seconds we get the message that a player, usually the one who accepted the check last (but within the time), refused the ready check, which is not true. We have restarted all our games and deactivated the add-ons, we have different internet providers.

Please help us.
  • Aphexios
    Aphexios
    ✭✭✭
    Ps: We tried it with different group leaders and tried to accept the readiness check slowly.
  • Aphexios
    Aphexios
    ✭✭✭
    PPS Sometimes all of them are displayed as "Ready" in the upper right corner and "Group is created" is displayed, but then the message that someone has refused appears and we get back into the queue.
    Even if nobody goes to Ready, the ready question disappears after about 10 seconds and then appears again after a short time with the message that a player has refused the invitation. But no one touched any buttons. We all know each other and can rule trolling out.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both aspects have been bugged for awhile.

Forming the group often gives the invitee the message that it didn’t go through yet dies after a few seconds as you mentioned but that is really a minor inconvenience compared ti the other issue.

Like the first issue, the group eventually gets placed into a dungeon after cycling GF makes several attempts. Unlike the first issue, something is most certainly wrong here. It’s more than a minor inconvenience Gf fails to form the group, often multiple times, before finally having successs.

Zoos has either been incapable of fixing findinding the issue or remedy or has not considered it with sufficient priority to put the effort into a fix.
  • Oberstein
    Oberstein
    ✭✭✭
    necro
    History, like a human being, is thirsty when it wakes from its slumber…History wants to drink up an enormous amount of blood. And even if history has tired of drinking blood, that’s only in regards to the amount. But what about quality? The larger the sacrifice is, the more delighted the cruel gods will be.
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    So to answer this, based on experience, some players do not have DLC or meet the level requirements to run certain dungeons. In that case , not bugged.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • lueckgenb16_ESO
    It is bugged as HELL. Its a problem for years now on EU. This evening I was 5 hours in queue and managed to get ONE Dungeon... Spindle Cluch I normal - we did it in 5 minutes. Rest of the time we were waiting in queue with 4 players.

Guild chats full of complaints, zone chats full of complaints and so on... We have this problem on prime time here on EU every time when there are many players doin dungeons. And today - what a surprise - many players invested their time and wanted to "celebrate" the event.

You officially ruined my whole evening. I hope you will think about some kind of reimbursement. We wanted to start a guild event... we set up several groups with 4 players. Most of them were ready to do a dungeon with every character... that would be 9 in my case. This evening was a true disappointment... you are sending me to bed angry. Really, really disappointing.
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes there is no doubt there is an ongoing issue with the dungeon Queue. However that said, keeping in mind with the original poster said they are experiencing, and assuming his 4 player group has only 2 dps, 1 tank and 1 healer role, the only way he would get this error message:
    Aphexios wrote: »
    We are experiencing massive problems with the dungeon search. We are a group of four players. Creating the group is already problematic, after accepting the invitation the players get the message that they cannot join the group. However, after 10-15 seconds you will still automatically join the group. We want to play a random dungeon and join the queue. We all get the ready check and accept them all, but after a few seconds we get the message that a player, usually the one who accepted the check last (but within the time), refused the ready check, which is not true. We have restarted all our games and deactivated the add-ons, we have different internet providers.

Please help us.

if there was some kind of lag going on, even unseen lag. What I mean by that is, in one of my world boss videos, the latency shown I was running at 150 ping, however I could not bar swap nor cast nor pop a potion or food. When the latency caught up, the real statistic shown. (In red for ping) So I believe sometimes the latency reader is inaccurate.

That also said, when the original poster said ""after a few seconds we get the message that a player, usually the one who accepted the check last (but within the time), refused the ready check, which is not true."" is also something I have experienced on the N/A server. I have posted this myself and a few others said they have had the same thing.

I recommend leaving the option to view latency turned on at all times, this way you can be sure if lag is the cause of some of these issues.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • lueckgenb16_ESO
    Its all connected to the dungeon finder problem. Everything he wrote is an ongoing problem - sometimes more sometimes less.

He is explaining exactly the things that happen to me and my group (and many others according to guildmates) and not just on this day or event.

The "lag" for grouping: "failed to join group" - and after some seconds it works even without trying to group again
    The "ready check": "A player declined the..." - thats always happening when the grp finder buggs. On EU about every second day on prime time.

Usually it "fixes itself" when prime time is over (maybe 10pm to 11pm) sometimes it just breaks down for the whole evening.

To me it looks like some hardware issue or some memory problem on virtual machines. The more players wanna do dungeons the bigger the problem gets until it completely breaks down on events like this.

I can't even count the times I've heared the words: "I really love ESO but this dungeon finder problem really ruins the game experience." I had several "friends" in ESO that quit the game just because of this exact problem.

Ignoring this problem in the past (you can count the forum threads describing this) is really disrespectful to the whole player base that spends it spare free time on a hobby and frequently get disappointed.

Most people ingame (according to zone and guild chat on EU) already resigned to inform ZOS here on the forums. Words like: "Its a problem for years. They are ignoring it. I wont tell them again and again..."

Maybe the time has finally come to finally fix it EVEN IF IT COSTS MONEY for new Hardware etc.

I spent hundreds of Euros on this game and I enjoyed it. But these days make me think if I should just stick to ESO+ and my free crowns because I don't want to support the lazy attitude on this ELEMENTAL problem that is the dungeon finder.

Sorry to say that... but ZOS, you made me do it.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are currently aware of and investigating the issues in the Dungeon Finder. You can find more information and updates in this thread. This thread will be closed as further discussion should take place in the ongoing thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.