The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Non-Meta Tanking/Alternatives

TankHealz2015
TankHealz2015
✭✭✭
For those of us who love tanking but don't run with a dedicated trials group on a regular basis and don't run the "meta".
Have you tried tanking DLC dungeons or Trials with alternative methods of damage mitigation?

Nightblade skills Bolster Darkness or Mirage? major protection + an additional 30% damage mitigtion?
Pjasic skills line - while skill is slotted you gain minor protection?
Vampire Mist Form -75% damage for 3 seconds?
Footman Fortune armor set 8% additional blocking

Especially the the Evasion - 25% AOR damage mitigation -- lots boss fights with mass AOE damage. Have you tried or are you using any of these?
Hist Bark, Leki's Focus, dual wield skill Deadly Cloak? What about Jorvuld's Guidance = add 40% duration to buffs
Pirate Skeleton, Ironblood, Vampire Cloak?

Just curious what others have tried and found to work in specific fights. Maybe a new or unique method of handling a tough fight.

Edited by TankHealz2015 on November 26, 2018 6:44AM
  • pelle412
    pelle412
    ✭✭✭✭
    My second tank is a warden, and I made it to speed-farm motifs in DLC dungeons. It uses master architect (forest ult), dragonguard, and blood spawn with resto back bar. Not really suited for trials, but did dungeons really quick with 3 dps. I intend to replace master architect with olorime next but have not gotten to it yet.

EDIT: the motif market went to hell after anniversary event so haven't played it much lately.
    Edited by pelle412 on November 29, 2018 9:09PM