Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thews of the Harbinger set

Soris
Soris
✭✭✭✭✭
3b56c93cef3fba7bf0323c95735159.png
image from @Hamrb

I like the idea but this set have major MAJOR flaws in it. A health stacked build have almost no stamina to block attacks in first place. Even if it had stamina, the damage is extremely low. 4% of a 50k health build is around 2.3k. And this is just a tooltip damage. It is reduced by battle spirit, likewise it can be mitigated by armor/blocking etc. So in practice you only do like 200 dmg with it.

Damage should be much greater and it should be excluded from battle spirit. Also the blocking part should changed into something else. My suggestion is "when damaged, you deal damage equal to your 10% of your health to anyone around. 5 meter radius, 4 second cooldown."

@ZOS_GinaBruno
Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    3b56c93cef3fba7bf0323c95735159.png
    image from @Hamrb

I like the idea but this set have major MAJOR flaws in it. A health stacked build have almost no stamina to block attacks in first place. Even if it had stamina, the damage is extremely low. 4% of a 50k health build is around 2.3k. And this is just a tooltip damage. It is reduced by battle spirit, likewise it can be mitigated by armor/blocking etc. So in practice you only do like 200 dmg with it.

Damage should be much greater and it should be excluded from battle spirit. Also the blocking part should changed into something else. My suggestion is "when damaged, you deal damage equal to your 10% of your health to anyone around. 5 meter radius, 4 second cooldown."

@ZOS_GinaBruno

You know, unless this set has a cooldown, it's deceptively good actually when you take into account animation canceling & multiple people hitting you.

It could definitely be interesting on a Blazing Shield templar... you wouldn't block while using Blazing Shield of course, but you'd block while you wait for magicka to regen.

Also worth considering is that it not only deals damage, but mitigates it as well as people wont want to spam attacks at you after taking enough damage from the set.

There is one downside though... if I'm reading the tooltip correctly, it wont work at all against Jabs or Sweep, or Flurry (if anyone actually uses that in PvP)
    Edited by DDuke on April 28, 2016 1:34AM
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes i made this topic with blazing shield in mind. Currently this set offer not much for that build. You might want to waste your stamina on bone shield stack with blazing and you will have better result than this set. You will have better protection and better damage and that damage is aoe.

As i said in the op, damage is so low considering you lose +-2k stamina for each block.
    Edited by Soris on April 28, 2016 1:41AM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes i made this topic with blazing shield in mind. Currently this set offer not much for that build. You might want to waste your stamina on bone shield stack with blazing and you will have better result than this set. You will have better protection and better damage and that damage is aoe.

As i said in the op, damage is so low considering you lose +-2k stamina for each block.

Well... after Battle Spirit it should be returning around 2k'ish dmg from one DPS rotation.

Considering you're blocking, that'd mean your opponent takes more dmg than you do :P

Maybe the set is better for a stam DK though, as they have an easier time keeping stamina up while blocking.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's actually 1k'ish dmg after battle spirit (with 50k health). You lose more stamina than you do damage. Of course you take less damage due to blocking but still it requires 5 armor slots for such pitiful bonus. I mean, compare this to vicious death...or any other meta sets.

Whole work load behind this set, all those tinkering and coding are just wasted.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's actually 1k'ish dmg after battle spirit (with 50k health). You lose more stamina than you do damage. Of course you take less damage due to blocking but still it requires 5 armor slots for such pitiful bonus. I mean, compare this to vicious death...or any other meta sets.

Whole work load behind this set, all those tinkering and coding are just wasted.

Its so frustrating to see so many "hit and a miss" sets added to the game. That crafted set that gives you aoe when blocking is also terrible. Tanks have been wanting a good set since footman is no longer max level and they keep coming out with lackluster stuff like this.

This idea is awesome and unique but as everyone has pointed out, too many flaws.
  • artal
    artal
    ✭✭✭
    I see this set being interesting vs weaving attacks. La+ransack+bash combo should return 3 hits. I think its bit tough to adjust it to be decent and not op. Also can dmg crit?
    And idk why I thought its 6% not 4%... well maybe its 5% as gold gear
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the bump! This set still needs a lot of work. It has no use in its current state. I mean come on, medum armor version of this, is the Twin Sisters, and it is miles better dmg wise and it doesn't requires full health stacked build.

You just added a dead set to the game.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree that this set is badly designed. It should be changed to "when you receive damage", not when you block. Devs can copy the skills that trigger fasala set and make the same mechanic for this set.
    Because I can!
  • vpadget9592b14_ESO
    Make it 4% of health damage when hit with 1 second cooldowns. Then it would be worth it. Just make sure it does not proc dots.
    Edited by vpadget9592b14_ESO on July 25, 2016 2:14PM
  • mneimneh_ESO
    mneimneh_ESO
    ✭✭
    Make it oblivion damage. =D
    I like playing ESO.

Member since September 7th, 2013.

PS4 CP1015
    Redguard Necromancer (PVE Stamcro)
    Argonian Templar (PVE Heals)
    Dark Elf Nightblade (PVE Magblade)
    Breton Sorcerer (PVE Petsorc)
    Nord Dragonknight (PVE Tank)
    Dark Elf Dragonknight (PVE MagDK)
    Argonian Templar (PVP Heals)
    Nord Warden (PVP Magden)
    Redguard Nightblade (PVP Stamblade)

Stadia/PC CP340
    Argonian Templar (PVE Heals)
    Imperial Dragonknight (PVE Tank)
    Breton Nightblade (PVE Magblade)
    Orc Templar (PVE Stamplar)
  • THE_BIG_BOSS
    THE_BIG_BOSS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice necro

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How does this have almost 8k views?
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice necro indeed xD

2nddgx.jpg
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    4% of CURRENT health... meaning it is useless when you start getting low health. GG EZ on useless. Don't worry - I had dreams for it too.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set is so bad still, could be fun with a change though.
    Edited by Crixus8000 on November 27, 2018 4:40PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RouDeR broke 2 mill damage in BGs using this set.

Pre artic Nerf though
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arctic Blast needs unnerf. and this set needs a buff.
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried this with a 65K Blazing Shield build, a 50k Turtle Tank DK, a 50k Shadow Tank and a 60k Warden. This set paired Night Terror or Twin Sisters depending on if you have a shield or block build and it’s really just not worth it.

The longer the fight the more damage you lose from your main set. The damage is not that great to start.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried this with a 65K Blazing Shield build, a 50k Turtle Tank DK, a 50k Shadow Tank and a 60k Warden. This set paired Night Terror or Twin Sisters depending on if you have a shield or block build and it’s really just not worth it.

The longer the fight the more damage you lose from your main set. The damage is not that great to start.

I think to even remotely get the value you have to go argonian/Nord, tri stat everything, ice and shield staff and go Onigrum's + troll king with invigorating traits + triune . Generally to get any value you have to have near full health and have to restore the off blocking stat.

It's a lot of dedication to such a low output. Really needs a 10% of max health or a passive reduction to block cost to make it more workable IMHO.
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    xAk_MoRRoWiNdx
    ✭✭✭
    This has been around since Dark Brotherhood. Congrats everyone, you found the set the Blazing Shield Templars used to use years ago :hushed:

Edit: wtf, a necro thread? -_-
    Edited by xAk_MoRRoWiNdx on January 11, 2019 7:28AM
    New to forums and stuff so I 99.9 percent probably won't see your response and such, so use the at symbol at me I guess? IDK :/. This BBCode stuff is really cool!! :D.
    Gamer from Alaska (907 Gamers, Alaskan Gamers Unite!).
    My little rant I guess?:
      One day Nightblades will get the buffs we desperately need and deserve, but so far, those buffs are not today.. The Elder Scrolls Online: Nightblade Nerfs Unlimited.
      Don't nerf you, don't nerf me, nerf the sorc behind the tree!.

If you need help or advice, hit me up on Xbox: H4rry Poggers :D .
      Also open to talking on Discord!

Ich kann Deutsch Sprechen bei der mittleren/zwischen Kenntnissen Ebene. Hallo! :D.

CP level 1000+! Playing since 2015.

My wishlist I suppose:
      • PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEAAASSSEEE EITHER BUFF SIPHONING STRIKES OR REVERT IT BACK TO PRE MORROWIND!!.
      • Bring back purge cloak. But I guess the new heal cloak is more beneficial. Hmmm....
      • MAKE IMPERIAL CITY GREAT AGAIN, BRING BACK THOSE INCREDIBLE DAYS. My best experiences in ESO where in there!
      • Return Stam builds to the power we held in One Tamriel. Long Live Stamina builds!
      • Put Magplar and MagDK into their place. Magpsorc is a hopeless case.
      • Is there any chance that we could get an Ebonheart Pact nerf? #CullingTheHerds .

My 10 characters:
      • AD - xak-Morrowindx - Khajiit Stamina Nightblade. Hours: 107 days, 19 hours (2,568 hours).
      • EP - Ich bin Groot - Orc Stamina Dragonknight. Hours: 2 days, 16 hours (64 hours).
      • DC - Who Took My Bleach - Orc Stamina Sorcerer. Hours: 3 days, 18 hours. (90 hours).
      • EP - Niada Zaennon - High Elf Magicka Nightblade. Hours: 15 days, 18 hours (378 hours).
      • AD - Healsyournoobazzwithmemes - Argonian Magicka Templar. Hours: 1 day, 9 hours (33 hours)
      • DC - Engulfing Traps - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight. Hours: 7 days, 17 hours (129 hours).
      • AD - Verführung - High Elf Magicka Sorcerer. Hours: 5 days, 9 hours (129 hours)
      • DC - Deadazz catch these birds - Nord Stamina Warden. Hours: 6 days, 21 hours (165 hours)
      • EP - So Bendy - Wood Elf Stamina Templar. Hours: 1 day, 15 hours (39 hours)
      • EP - Smash that mf Like button - Breton Magicka Warden. Hours: 20 hours, 20 minutes.

Aldmeri Dominion Master-Faction!
    • Soris
      Soris
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      And it keeps getting nerco'ed each month xD Thanks a lot guys, maybe Zos will update it for the sake of the new necromancer class. ^_^
      Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
    • Shado_of_Light
      Shado_of_Light
      Soul Shriven
      But 100% seriously, this set.
    • HEBREWHAMMERRR
      HEBREWHAMMERRR
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This set is broken. There was a span in BGs where stamden were running this bulking 1+mil damage and healing (pre tree nerfs). It’s very good but when people realize what you’re running they’ll just stop targeting you so you have to provide group utility’s outside the set damage to be effective.