The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Business 101: How to lose an annual subscription sale.

jahaposada
jahaposada
✭✭✭
I returned to the game about 2 weeks ago and subbed for a month. I've enjoyed myself so I decided to purchase a 12 month subscription and take advantage of the Crown Store sale.

After making the purchase an email notified me that I wouldn't be charged until my current subscription ran out, meaning I wouldn't get the Crowns before the sale ended. The customer service representative I texted with didn't seem particularly concerned with solving my problem or saving the sale. So instead of $140 for ESO and me getting Crowns to buy some neat things, everyone loses. At lease the only thing I had to do to reverse the transaction was cancel my recurring subscription! Thanks for letting me back out of my commitment so easily!

Very disappointing...game time should just be added automatically. It's a bad design currently.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The official store has always used a recurring payment system for the ESO+ subscription.

If you would like to add additional non-recurring ESO+ time to your account, you have until November 27 to do so through Twitch. Just note that while some transactions are immediately processed, it could take up to two or three business days for Twitch purchases to be processed onto your account.
    signing off
  • jahaposada
    jahaposada
    ✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    The official store has always used a recurring payment system for the ESO+ subscription.

If you would like to add additional non-recurring ESO+ time to your account, you have until November 27 to do so through Twitch. Just note that while some transactions are immediately processed, it could take up to two or three business days for Twitch purchases to be processed onto your account.

Thanks for the response. The Twitch option doesn't offer the 12 month subscription (I assume because it was just recently made available). I may get a 6 month and 3 month subscription, which would give me enough Crowns for what I was hoping to purchase.

When customer service failed to provide a solution I figured the forums were worth a shot!
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As a business owner, anytime you try to give me money, i will make a good attempt to accommodate you
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jahaposada wrote: »
    The Twitch option doesn't offer the 12 month subscription

Twitch is ending their stream affiliate game/in-game purchases on the aforementioned date. Perhaps Twitch wasn't accepting revisions after a certain date, or ZOS felt that a two week window on the 12 month wouldn't provide a fair opportunity for all streamers.

Either way, it's still a viable option for a short while longer. But I felt I had to include that disclaimer because 48 hours is the margin of processing that ESO support recommends, and today is also a US bank holiday.
    signing off
  • eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this solves your problem, but paysafecard prepaid coupons can be used for non-recurring payments. Just yesterday I subscribed for two months with two separate paysafecard transactions in a row, and I received all the crowns immediately.
  • BringerOfOmens
    BringerOfOmens
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the op. I have run into this issue myself and it soured my impression with the crown store and implementation. As a result, I havent purchased additional crowns or even considered doing so.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if this solves your problem, but paysafecard prepaid coupons can be used for non-recurring payments. Just yesterday I subscribed for two months with two separate paysafecard transactions in a row, and I received all the crowns immediately.

^^^^

I'm on console, so it works differently. But basically when I was having payment issues for my bank card, I would just buy PSN Store cards, and it worked out.
  • nerfworthy
    nerfworthy
    ✭✭✭
    I ran into the same issue. I decided to just get another crown pack to get me through the sale then do my annual after in anticipation of new crown crates coming.
    MagWarden main and a Dunmer enthusiast!