Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggested Ideas to Improve Werewolf for The Majority of Players

Wuuffyy
Wuuffyy
✭✭✭✭✭
Add ultimate generation to werewolf.

Add an ultimate to werewolf (150-remove all snares and negative effects (berserker) and 200 ult Gain major critical dmg boost for 15 seconds.

Piercing Howl needs to go from the fear effect or add to the fear effect major fracture for 5 seconds (pvp morph... tank provides fracture in pve)

Major fracture roar for 10 seconds should be changed to minor berserk on cast for 10 seconds on cast. (Both sides but you already get a 10% increase from the off balance morph through CP and big amounts of sustain.

Change passive stam recovery granted from werewolf passive to 20% from 15% (to better match class passives etc.)

Change the werewolf heal to stamina and reduce cost.

Make werewolf heal (25 or 35% of your max stam depending on morph (higher crit chance negates slightly less healing in some cases -mostly pve- and promotes slightly more in others -mostly pvp-

Reduce cost of all abilities respectively to account for stam based heal.

Turn Roar to Magicka and match prior heal cost.

Change Salvation to actually match the damage of other line specific sets without making it BIS.
-Change 2 pc to 129 wep dmg
-Change 3 pc to Max Stam
-Change 4 pc to 129 wep dmg
-Keep 5 pc the same except up from 150 wep damage to 200 wep damage in werewolf (at gold)
Wuuffyy,
ESO player since 2014
-PM for questions
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO! they just changed werewolf last update. It works really well now.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TLDR : make werewolf completely OP
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main problem of WW is its limited use & lack of diversity. Currently WW is used only in PvP with almost no build diversity & in some case in PvE DPS role with literally like 1 - 2 builds.

Why limit WW only to PvP or PvE stamina DPS ? We have 3 roles (Tank, DPS, Healer - although I admit - I don't think so WW healer will ever be a thing as WW is stamina based). WW was originally designed as a DPS - Tank hybrid. That being said I don't see a reason why not to allow WW to fulfil tank role too. All it takes is just to add taunt to some skill morph or ult morph or even passive. This alone would allow WW to be used as tank and would improve build & play-style diversity ;)

Some ideas:
    1.Slightly buff Werewolf Berserker morph to be desirable as a choice for DPS role and add a taunt to a heavy attack to Pack Leader morph.
    2. Add a taunt effect to one of existing werewolf skills morph - pounce or infectious claws are a good candidates but pretty much any skill would do.
    3. Since weapon skills passives do not carry over to werewolf form, you can not equip destruction staff for Tri Focus passive and use frost staff taunt.
    Why not add an effect to one of werewolf passive that will simply check if you have a shield equipped ? So if could work like this:

If you have a shield equipped reduce the cost of blocking by %. Also your heavy attacks taunt enemies If you don't have shield equipped your light attacks restore X stamina.

Basically if you have shield equipped when using werewolf ultimate you would get a taunt on heavy attack and some % of reduced block cost (not much maybe like 10% will do because werewolf already have extra dmg mitigation so you would take less dmg anyway).
    DPS role on the other hand would not have shield equipped so you would get some other bonus, more suitable for DPS role (light attack restoring more stamina is just an example - it might be something different that will help to sustain your rotation).
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Easy. Change the model and get rid of that god aweful low res load of rubbish
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of all things listed I agree to non. Werewolf is already overperforming, especially in Battlegrounds. Bring two werewolfs and you win almost any gamemode. Your suggestions would make werewolf even more over the top.

If anything Hircine´s Fortitude needs to be nerfed. I´m fine with werewolfs doing a lot of damage, and I think most other players will agree. But when you can heal up for 15-20k within the press of a button, on a specc that can still kill people, something is severely un-balanced.

Salvation should get rid of its 33% reduced cost to transform and instead add another level to "Call of the Pack" so it becomes easier to stay longer in werewolf form.
    Edited by Qbiken on November 25, 2018 11:48AM
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Salvation should get rid of its 33% reduced cost to transform and instead add another level to "Call of the Pack" so it becomes easier to stay longer in werewolf form.

5 pc: While in werewolf form increase weapon damage and reduce the cost of staying in Werewolf form by 10%.

;)
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WW is pretty good right now , low skill level but high ST damages , not really hard to keep the uptime .

I just hope the dev team could keep the WW uptime cost during zoning .

Say for example , I will lose about 1/4 uptime everytime I zone to next stage . I cannot get the reason behind .
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of all things listed I agree to non. Werewolf is already overperforming, especially in Battlegrounds. Bring two werewolfs and you win almost any gamemode. Your suggestions would make werewolf even more over the top.

If anything Hircine´s Fortitude needs to be nerfed. I´m fine with werewolfs doing a lot of damage, and I think most other players will agree. But when you can heal up for 15-20k within the press of a button, on a specc that can still kill people, something is severely un-balanced.

10-12 before defile with no other possible heal stacks and based on a resource you don’t use as much of uh huh.

Also my guy two of anything is king. Two stamdens, two magdens, two templars, two sorcs. You are all super great at playing the game. You sure have it down to a ‘t’.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bet your alt WW chars you’ve been playing for 3 months can’t even go 10k 4d with a healer in bgs.
    Edited by Wuuffyy on November 26, 2018 8:04PM
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    OneKhajiitCrimeWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To run Salvation you have to give up quite a bit. Salvation is not an issue and the 33% ult cost reduction is designed to make it so people can actually get their ult back fast.

Because WW builds have to spec specifically for being in WW form Salvation is its own natural balance.

If you fight most WW outside of wolf form you tend to find very basic skill setups and damage.

I would change how it works so that you can perma-transform at 0 ultimate and you have to accumulate ultimate in order to increase your weapon damage to the current max you'd get on a setup.

When you die the ultimate accumulated gets cut in half. This way you're ultimate is self balancing if you build fully glass cannon.

Additionally i would reduce the cost and the heals from Hircine's Fortitude and add a removes 1 negative effect to it.
    Dark Flare is the Beginning, Radiant is the End. Hail the Light Bringers!
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bet your alt WW chars you’ve been playing for 3 months can’t even go 10k 4d with a healer in bgs.

Who you talking to? p9pbmwq6kif6.png
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OneKhajiitCrimeWave

My issue with Salvation is that you´ve no use for the 33% cost reduction once you´ve transformed. Only reason I would ever run Salvation would be if I use a werewolf purely made for burst. It would be nice to see a small rework of Salvation, that´s all :)

Wolf_Watching
    10-12 before defile with no other possible heal stacks and based on a resource you don’t use as much of uh huh.

This image is from a BG the other week. And this is on a setup that is made to actually kill people (with or without Torug cheese). Redguard Stamsorc. So I could even improve this further by race-changing to an Argonian if I wanted to. Highest crit heal I´ve had without a healer is 22k in no-CP.
    [img][/img]rVvQ8W6.png

Here´s what happens when you bring 4 werewolfs into a high MMR BG:
    [img][/img]4csAwdk.png

And I´ve seen BG´s with 4 of the same class/setup, and the only thing that comes close (and to a certain extent outperforms a group of 2-4 werewolfs) is having multiple stamina wardens.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OneKhajiitCrimeWave

My issue with Salvation is that you´ve no use for the 33% cost reduction once you´ve transformed. Only reason I would ever run Salvation would be if I use a werewolf purely made for burst. It would be nice to see a small rework of Salvation, that´s all :)

Wolf_Watching

This image is from a BG the other week. And this is on a setup that is made to actually kill people (with or without Torug cheese). Redguard Stamsorc. So I could even improve this further by race-changing to an Argonian if I wanted to. Highest crit heal I´ve had without a healer is 22k in no-CP.
    [img][/img]rVvQ8W6.png

Here´s what happens when you bring 4 werewolfs into a high MMR BG:
    [img][/img]4csAwdk.png

And I´ve seen BG´s with 4 of the same class/setup, and the only thing that comes close (and to a certain extent outperforms a group of 2-4 werewolfs) is having multiple stamina wardens.

Whine whine whine. Says avg is 10k and 4 WW will easily die to four stamdens. Like I said and off Spell crit. Come to console and duel me my guy I wanna see your personal skill.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ih1BMPV.png
    Come to console and duel me my guy I wanna see your personal skill.

MpFDVce.png
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultimate description:

"Transform into a beast, fearing nearby enemies for 3 seconds".

I am not sure if this works in PvP. More then often you are dead before your transformation is finished. Either the fear is broken or ground dot kills you.

Make it similar to the DK Ulti Magma shell and reduce the damage to 3% of max HP for 5 secs and grant immunity to all while transforming. Just to have a reliable "oh-***" transformation.

A stamina buff drink or food with the ability to "feed" the werewolf would it make even more appealing to play one if the transformation is reliable stable. The is a vampire feeding drink, so why not for the werewolves...

Cant slot Alliance abilities. :(
    Edited by mague on November 27, 2018 9:49AM
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mague wrote: »
    Ultimate description:

"Transform into a beast, fearing nearby enemies for 3 seconds".

I am not sure if this works in PvP. More then often you are dead before your transformation is finished. Either the fear is broken or ground dot kills you.

Make it similar to the DK Ulti Magma shell and reduce the damage to 3% of max HP for 5 secs and grant immunity to all while transforming. Just to have a reliable "oh-***" transformation.

The fear works perfectly in PvP, of course you need to time it when your opponent isn't under CC immunity.

Transformation already grants complete invulnerability for about one sec, can be used to evade an ult, CC, burst, etc..
    Edited by Aznox on November 27, 2018 10:55AM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please make werewolf scale off magica as well so I can make my dream druid build. I feel the world skills all need to scale off of either.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zardayne wrote: »
    Please make werewolf scale off magica as well so I can make my dream druid build. I feel the world skills all need to scale off of either.

No reason you can't have success with a mag wolf currently.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try mighty chudan ;-) I never die while transforming. Also timing the ww with a tripot is handy to start with a somewhat full resource bars
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try mighty chudan ;-) I never die while transforming. Also timing the ww with a tripot is handy to start with a somewhat full resource bars

Chudan will never solve all the issues with WW and by the way I run something better than Chudan.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh enlighten me please :-)
    @Wolf_Watching
    I've played Ww non stop for the last 3 years but I'm always willing to learn :-) Never lost a 1v1 to a stamden before even if he hits me with his combo since with my resistanc(provided by mighty chudan) es I can eat that damage.
    I've tested all monster sets in the game and for my playstyle nothing beats chudan. Earth gore? Nice but not suited for a faster playstyle, TK? Nice but the 1k heal won't save you when you get quadruple dbos each in 1 second intervalls since you'll take 12% isch more damage from dbos that already do 20(I think it was) % more damage. Maby you found something that works better for you but apart from snares beeing slightly irritating which you can compensate by careful planning (which I do) ww is completely fine. So yeah no issues with werewolf what so ever over here.
    Edited by IlCanis_LupuslI on December 4, 2018 1:58PM
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @OneKhajiitCrimeWave

I think there are already plenty of good sets to replace salvation if you do not like the transformation cost reduction. No need to change it. For example, bone pirate has exact same 2-4 bonuses, and a 5-piece that's useful in both forms.

I like my 201 ULT WW, since the low cost synergizes well with my WW being a DK (battle roar).
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please do not change WW. Working well on my stam sorc in cyro. Please to not change berserker.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »

I don't see how. I've tried WW with my magden and the damage is pathetic (I'm lvl 10 WW). If it was even decent I'd at least use it for overland but it's not unfortunately. It worked great when I ran as a stamden for a bit. I'll keep hanging on to it in hope it's change some day.
    Edited by Zardayne on December 4, 2018 10:01PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO! they just changed werewolf last update. It works really well now.

Yes, Zos already changed it to benefit most players. It is performing pretty good.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »

I don't see how. I've tried WW with my magden and the damage is pathetic (I'm lvl 10 WW). If it was even decent I'd at least use it for overland but it's not unfortunately. It worked great when I ran as a stamden for a bit. I'll keep hanging on to it in hope it's change some day.

Just takes a little creative theory crafting. Yes you won't shell out as much damage as a fully damaged specced werewolf but that's to be expected. What you can have is a full Healer/ support kit. With an offensive werewolf transformation, to deal with the punks who think that they can pick on the healer.

Caius
    PC NA
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Complains about ww...
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/448410/just-dropped-a-41-0-in-bgs#latest
    Braggs about a 41:0 bg score :lol::trollface:
    Btw : no clip/pic=>didn't happen
    Edited by IlCanis_LupuslI on December 6, 2018 7:36PM
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WWs need just one thing to make them more bearable... Stop the timer out of combat or just make it a permanent transformation until it's toggled off.

It's annoying when WWs keep pulling stuff in dungeons ahead of the tank just to stay in the WW form.

Since it's already possible to stay in WW form forever as long as you're fighting, even without corpses to feed on, I don't see how it would make them "more OP", but it would be a hell of a QoL improvement, both to WWs and the people they group with.
  • AuldWolf
    AuldWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still say it needs to be a toggle.

Look at Pillars of Eternity. It has the spiritshift forms. One of the most popular class mods for the first game was unlimited spiritshift, one of the most requested class mods for II is unlimited spiritshift. I don't know why developers don't understand that most werewolf fans would just like to be able to be a werewolf without silly restrictions. Just as a roleplay experience. That ESO couldn't give me that (along with further nerfing Templar because it's not a content patch without a Templar nerf) is what finally managed to get me to give up the game. I've saved almost a thousand pounds a month! I've been spending that money on companies that care about their customers.

The joy of having a werewolf is in the roleplay opportunities it offers. Consider WoW's worgen. How well do you think it would've gone down if the worgen were human 99~ per cent of the time, but they could push something to have ten minutes of werewolf every once in a while? Not well, right? The thing about werewolf in ESO is that it's this mad rush if you want to elongate it at all.

That's contrary to RP and fun. Rule of fun > All other considerations in game design.

See, it means I can't enjoy character dialogues, I can't stop to read books, I can't loot, I can't engage in social interactions, I can't stop and roleplay with someone as a werewolf because I'm on the warpath to my next target. And it's not a great situation for werewolf fans.

It's funny because ESO's balancing team is so bad that it's turned the game into a revolving door. I don't know if you ever pay attention to Steam charts (I do) but the game has been fluctuating insanely in population lately. It drops really, really low, then spikes when content is released. So what ZOS is doing now is trying to push out as much buggy, untested content as possible, as quickly as possible, to bring in new people to account for the ones they're losing with their bad balance decisions.

Really they'd probably have a more stable player base if they just sacked their balancing division and brought in more competent people. Everything about the balancing has reeked of incompetence. Very early on they were conservative and went for a gentle, iterative approach and it was good. Everyone loved it. A few patches in though they dropped that and opted for the frenzied, ham-fisted nerf hammer approach that's killed off so many MMOs. Their rushed content push is like a band-aid to try and counter that but... like I said, just balance better! if the current team can't balance, bring in people who can!

Werewolf should be a toggle, and it should be balanced by people who can still make it fun and enjoyable without being over- or underpowered. If the current balancing team can't manage that, then a new team needs to be put in place that can.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since it's already possible to stay in WW form forever as long as you're fighting, even without corpses to feed on, I don't see how it would make them "more OP", but it would be a hell of a QoL improvement, both to WWs and the people they group with.

Because that´s how ZOS want it to be. Stated by one of the class-reps in the werewolf discord:
    [img][/img]Xtl6k79.png

That's contrary to RP and fun. Rule of fun > All other considerations in game design.
    [img][/img]cI3tiPk.png