Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Floor/muddy ground textures become black

Blackbird_V
Blackbird_V
✭✭✭✭✭
At times when playing the floor textures just go black. Dark. Uninstalling game and deleting shadercache etc. doesn't work. It did for 2 days, but comes back.

Seen here:
08zowlo0fm7b.png

Before my 7-month break this never happened. Not sure if I'm the only onw experiencing this.

Ps. Sorry for typos, on mobile.
Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Since you've come back from a 7 month break, you may need to upgrade your video card drivers to fix the texture issue. If doing so does not help, please let us know.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    Since you've come back from a 7 month break, you may need to upgrade your video card drivers to fix the texture issue. If doing so does not help, please let us know.

Have done. Happening on another machine also. May be my end not sure, but I'll keep digging and see what's cause of it.

If nothing works I'll send in a bug report.

Thanks.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clean uninstall and everything deleted, no addons, updated drivers and still happens. May be on my end, both machines coincidentally buuut egh idk.

If it helps diagnose the problem - I do not load in like that. Everything loads in absolutely fine, then at any random time the terrain/ground/whatever you want to call it goes dark as hell/black.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE Turning off specular maps is usersettings.txt seems to have fixed this issue, so possible specular mapping bug? Worth looking into in case others have this issue.