The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvE Stam Warden 2H/S& B possible?

BuzzZaw60
BuzzZaw60
hello All

I currently have four other characters; a Sorc, Templar, NB and DK using Light to medium armor with either a Staff, DW and Bow....pretty much 90% in PvE and solo. I've been wanting to try the Warden Class while at the same time looking for a way to use the 2H and/or S&B together or on same bar while seeing if there's a way to use mostly Heavy. Simply because I haven't played or used any of those attributes.

I've sort of looked around for some build ideas as to which path to follow in terms of Champ Points (I'm at 450 now). But from what little I know of the Warden, he's 2/3 Magicka Base with the Companion Line Stamina. I would assume then I'd have to look at some Hybrid Warden which itself would be even more confusing.

So is as the title says, possible and tips or hints as to how to proceed? I hardly know much on the Sword & Shield skill as itself let alone the 2H since never used neither. I'm trying to avoid going to the DK since I have one already even though it's the obvious choice. And any thoughts on squeezing in the Companion Skill in the mix? Thanks for any help and input in this as always.
  • Eweroun
    Eweroun
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope this is not to DPS.
    Wouldn't recommand it as a tank either
    |Lunar Lattice - Guildmaster / Fullmoon group raidlead|
    |Potato Knights - former core member|
    |former dd-"The Phoenix Reborn", former raidlead "Omnia Vincit /Playdead"|

clears: vCrag HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM (+2) - vCR+3 - vSS HM
  • redcomyn
    redcomyn
    ✭✭
    I am doing it right now. The 2 armor sets I am currently using are sword-swinger and red mountain, which are heavy armor, but that is primarily because it is what I mostly had in my bank. I have no idea what would be the best armor. I only do open world pve, delves and public dungeons, and I am a casual player. I will take on the bosses in the public dungeons by myself, but I stay away from the overland bosses unless there are other people helping. They are far more difficult than they use to be before One Tamriel.

I can often (not always) win fights where I am greatly outnumbered by the npc's. I am mostly on my s&b during those fights, but I try to tactically get in some harder hits with my 2-hander, when it makes sense, i.e. when one of my opponents is at low health and I want to use the 2-hander finisher on him. If I am just against 2 or 3 npc's, I am primarily using my 2-hander.

Still, it isn't uncommon for me not to get it quite right and eat dirt.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like you are describing a typical PvP stamina build. If you play PvE with 2h/SnB setup the damage will be low, but you would obviously have good survival. Absolutely not recommended for group play in dungeons/trials and such, but everything works for solo I guess.
    EU PC
  • BuzzZaw60
    BuzzZaw60
    Vildebill wrote: »
    Sounds like you are describing a typical PvP stamina build. If you play PvE with 2h/SnB setup the damage will be low, but you would obviously have good survival. Absolutely not recommended for group play in dungeons/trials and such, but everything works for solo I guess.

I've finally got my Warden at Level 15 and sort of at that crossroard of where to go....Medium or Heavy Armor and stay with S& B and go with either Bow or 2H.

And yes it seems like I'm trying to go a Stam Warden "PvP" build because some/several I've seen like at Alcast are Heavy, S&B and 2H/Bow/DW...something none of my other characters are or have and thought it be great to just play and see. I see where specific gear and all is for PvP Specific but why not something like this for PvE (mainly solo)? Something along with being able to both substain and deal damage. Yes...not for group or high level stuff but I've got a ways to go before 50 and at least give it a go. I can always change later to a Stam DSP all build and ditch the S&B if need to.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty good for PvP and maybe tanking normal dungeons as a Tank/DD hybrid, but nothing beyond that. But I recommend changing to full stamina since hybrids are not really viable and even overland content will be painfully slow on one.
    Edited by Asardes on November 22, 2018 4:25PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |