Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally gave up on DC EU Kyne because of no DC population and just sucked it up and went to EU Vivec with no cp new character and had a blast and finally was able to make ap.
    Edited by TequilaFire on November 21, 2018 1:21PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    yikes, logged in again into vivec NA to do some fighting, EP had a score of 181...DC had one outpost, AD had one town - pretty much everything else was red...

logged back out...

Yeah everybody dog piles the winning alliance, now you know how EP feels when AD does it.
    I still wish there was faction lock for duration of a campaign.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ep winning this campaign doesn't really mean much because no one on ad has been on or running a group to defend or take stuff most the ad that are on are running solo or asking for a invite to groups and ain't getting a invite the crowns that run groups on ad left and went to shor or just aren't playing mostly because they don't like demi who is first on the ad leaderboards ep has lost so much to ad they just accept who the heck ever is in first place which is gooch and get him emp and keep the map just so they can say they won this campaign lol
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Ep winning this campaign doesn't really mean much because no one on ad has been on or running a group to defend or take stuff most the ad that are on are running solo or asking for a invite to groups and ain't getting a invite
    So, just like AD beating EP most of 2017 then? Back then we had no leaders, no groups, no organization.

EP actually is low on leadership at the moment too. I suspect the drain caused by RDR2/Fallout76, ESO events and organic turnover is to blame. But many of EP's former leaders (BadKid, Ancient, Lysergic, Insanity etc) haven't been seen in weeks or months. The only callouts I see in Zone right now are from teams led by Zero, AC and Loki. Those guys all deserve a pat on the back for current campaign score.

As for our Emp, he doesn't seem to be on much either. He's just so far ahead that nobody else can catch him. And yes, keeping the map (and scrolls) is how campaigns are generally won :smile:
    PS4NA
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That even makes it worse then i thought if ep doesn't have many of it's crowns on and the only ep i usually see is gooches group that tells me that ep is getting carried by gooch and his group i originally thought ep had it's crowns on running groups but if they aren't they are all just following gooches lead and taking an advantage of ad while we are weak lol
    Edited by Jake1576 on November 21, 2018 5:21PM
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    That even makes it worse then i thought if ep doesn't have many of it's crowns on and the only ep i usually see is gooches group that tells me that ep is getting carried by gooch and his group i originally thought ep had it's crowns on running groups but if they aren't they are all just following gooches lead and taking an advantage of ad while we are weak lol

It just what yellow has been doing for 2 years 😅 but in all honesty Gooch is usually on the far side of the map doing his thing while I’m usually defending home keeps or pushing blue out of the north. Only when these are done do I push yellow. But I agree with you point of faction locking campaign too many yellows turncoats on Ep people who gladly Zerg us down and tbag whenever possible.
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    Part III - Vlastrus

The wind picked up suddenly in front of the Grand Warlord's tent and a stray piece of parchment blew into sight. Looping around the room, the paper appeared as if it would slowly settle onto the desktop before one last gust lifted it up and flattened the paper against Sorcalin's face. Bemused, she grabbed the paper and smoothed it out on her desk. The parchment was old and a bit weather-beaten but still mostly legible. It was dated several months prior and the penmanship looked familiar.

Greetings Grand Warlord,

The town of Vlastrus is ours! As you recall, it was occupied by Covenant forces and they were using it as a staging area to launch attacks into our home keeps. I rode west from Fare but tried to avoid the main traffic lanes. Sure, I’m Talion the Mighty, but those guys don’t care. I set up in stealth on a rocky ledge overlooking the unguarded flag. I could see several people milling about and the place was heavily guarded. I had a stash of invisibility potions on me, but you can’t capture a town when you’re invisible. So… so much for that. In the meantime, I sent word out on the enemy army’s location so our forces could be ready when they marched. Mostly I stayed in the shadows, watched, and waited. I waited so long my back began to stiffen up. How do these Nightblades do it? I'm getting too old for this and… I’m rambling. At least I can write this down while I'm waiting.

The moment arrived when the DC army moved out south and east. I sent an alert and then I waited a bit more to make sure they were gone. With a creak and a crack I leaped out of the shadows and began setting their banner ablaze. It didn’t take long for a sneaky Covenant rogue to materialize out of stealth and attack. My Magelight kept me upright and I counter attacked quickly. I don’t think he was expecting his burst to fail. Whoom! I lit him up with the power of the gods, darkened his view with the power of some other gods, burned him with holy fire and assaulted his soul rather vigorously. He got the message and fell over dead. This wasn’t all good news though as I hadn’t flagged the place yet and he was able to respawn and come looking for me. He didn’t come alone.

I drank an invisibility potion (plus speed!) and hightailed it out of there. I went back to my ridge above the flag and watched them searching. Finally, the second guy mounted up and took off, presumably towards the battlefront. While the guy I killed before was still lurking out there somewhere. I climbed down from the ledge, went right back to the flag and started burning it again. Sure enough, that Nightblade came at me again and once again I called on the gods to help me smite him. He was quick though and ready for a fight. We went back and forth and I could tell, he’s faster than me. He’s probably younger than me too. I bet his back doesn’t hurt staying crouched in stealth. I have a few tricks though and - POW! - destructive reach right in the kisser. Down he goes and I’m ready to show him the wonders of Radiant Glory. Truly, it was glorious, for me anyway. This whole time we’ve been fighting, I’ve been staying close to the flag and keeping that fire going when he steps out of range. When I finally defeat him, the flag is nearly half gone and the town itself is flagged. There’s no way that guy is going to ride down from Brindle to fight someone who has beaten him twice, right?

I captured the outlying district and then moved towards the honor guards in the middle of town. As I’m working on them I see a foe riding in from the north. It’s not the same guy from before but I kind of wish it was. This new guy has a warlord’s star and looks serious. He comes right for me and we are battling. He’s a dragon knight, and I hate fighting those guys. I mean, just die already. He won’t die though and his dragon leaps are getting on my nerves. My soul assault didn’t even dent him and that’s never a good sign. I’m game though, I have my runes and circles placed. I’ve got some HoT’s going which is setting off my Spell Power Cure boost. All at once he blasted me to the ground and drove in for the kill. It looked like it was over for me when the very blood of the earth began to rain onto me, healing me and removing his poisons. That was helpful and turned the tide for me. I was able to get him down but it took everything I had - my potions, my ultimates, all of my magic and stamina. With barely a sliver of health left I was victorious, but at what cost? As the last of the purifying light faded away, I wiped the blood out of my eyes and looked up to see my old enemy approaching. He did come back and behind him was an army of DC.

It worked though! Their siege had failed at Black Boot and they had to return to Brindle instead of Vlastrus in order to regroup. I did that! I may die here to these barbarians, but I had dealt a strategic blow to the enemy. As they neared, I raised my staff to ready. I may be weak and outnumbered, but I’m not beaten yet. My only regret was that I could not fully capture the town and complete my mission. I braced myself as the enemy charged, when behind me, a warhorn sounded. I felt revitalized as my magicka and stamina surged. The AD army had arrived! Allies flew over my head and engaged their troops. It was general Potter and his army. I wasn’t with his group that day and he didn’t know I was there, but he was the reason my mission was successful. After staring certain defeat in the eye, to be rescued like that was amazing. (In real life, out loud I said, “No ***’ way… that’s perfect timing!!”) We steamrolled them and captured the town.

A moment later, our troops rode off north towards Brindle but I needed a moment to finish my report to you. The nearby flag holds me up while I finish writing this. Although the adrenaline of battle carried me through the completion of my mission, I’m afraid my wounds are too serious. I’m feeling tired now and just need to lie down for a moment. I’m sure I’ll see…

THE REST IS ILLEGIBLE

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in case some of you may have missed it, some previous adventures of Talion the Mighty :)
    Ballcap wrote: »
    Talion the Mighty,

Please capture all three towns in Cyrodiil.

Love,
    Sorcalin

Sometimes I wish I had never my cured my vampirism so I could just disappear in a cloud of smoke whenever the Grand Warlord comes by. It's never, "Hey Talion, how are you?" Nope, it's always "Talion capture this. Talion kill that." I'm a mer with feelings too, you know. I have goals and dreams. Would it kill her to at least fake an interest in me? "Why yes Grand Warlord, I am working towards purchasing that estate in Alinor. Once we win this war please stop by for some Russafeld wine."

Whatever, fine... let me talk with the scouts and get a look at the recent military positions. Well... perhaps her Grand Warlordness needs to read the status reports we spent all that time putting together for her. Apparently the only town we don't already own is Bruma. I took the fast travel to Ash and headed out from there. Let's hit the charging maneuver and head north!

Nothing like riding through Covenant territory alone and in light armor. I stayed out of the main highways between keeps and eventually made my way near the village. The Pact had control of Bruma for the moment but since they were busy running amok at Black Boot and Bloodmayne, maybe no one will be there. I hit the flag by the anchor first. The anchor was already active so I figured I'd run into someone. As I approached I saw a Red sneak away into a nearby building. I figured he was questing so I didn't pursue. I wasn't there to kill reds, I was there to capture the town. I killed the guards, captured the flag, and kept my eye on the window of the building the Pact man went into. I next went to the flag with the siege merchant. (Did you know if you play your cards right you can capture the flag without having to deal with the guards near the merchant?) I was still on alert for the red guy hiding nearby. I saw that the first flag I captured was still AD so I moved onto the last empty flag. I spent a lot of time watching out for the EP horde to arrive or at least for the Pact guy to get the drop on me. I was sweating it being so close to capturing the third and final flag. I was constantly looking over my shoulder, blocking, and being tense. I suppose you could say I had Pact man fever.

Once the deed was done and the town was back in Dominion hands, I left and headed south towards Aleswell. The goal being to get to Ash (which was in AD hands). Along the way I captured the Aleswell farm since I was there scouting it anyway. Still no one came. I guess the word was out, Talion the Mighty was rampaging in the north, everyone head south. I doubt that's the case but that's what is going in my report to the Grand Warlord. Maybe Ayrenn will hear about my deeds and I'll finally get a date with her. Maybe it will go well and we'll head to my place at Ravenhurst Manor. "Hey your majesty, if you like my lightning ballista in the backyard, you'll love my twin size bed!" But I digress...

So far I'm 1/3 of the way through my mission. I'll write more on the next two towns later. I've got to help kick these reds out of our castles.

Best regards,
    August Palatine II Talion the Mighty
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part II - Cropsford

Having already captured Bruma, I only had two more towns left. Next on the list was Cropsford. This town has been controlled by the Ebonheart Pact for quite some time. Pact activity has recently been higher than normal so this could be tricky. Current map position, we had Alessia but it was under attack. Drakelowe was being attacked too. Sejanus was currently occupied by Reds. So yeah, Pact activity was high.

I headed east from Faregyl and took the middle bridge towards Cropsford. Those poor villagers have labored under the Pact whip for long enough. It's time they labored under our whip! With Drakelowe being taken while I was on my way, the situation at Cropsford was going to be a bit more tricky. As I approached, I headed towards the unguarded flag first. There's a goblin nearby so I had to avoid him too. As I watched from the nearby shack, soon enough the Pact horde showed up on their way to the west. I sent a message to our people that our home castles would soon be under attack and I waited for the Pact army to move out. If they do attack Faregyl, this is one of the main reinforcement areas for the reds. Capturing this village would be a strategic advantage for our forces in the south. As I watched the slowest Pact rider in history make his way over the horizon, it was time to strike. I went to the flag and started tearing down the Pact banner and replacing it with the superior Altmer... I mean Dominion, banner. Soon enough the town rebelled against Pact rule and was no longer a place for their forces to respawn. There was still work to do though.

I looked to the nearby merchant flag and noticed it was also being turned towards the AD. Ah, a fellow soldier! I went to check on him and it's a good thing I showed up. This fellow was being pressed hard by a beastly lizardman. I turned the lights off on him with Total Dark followed quickly by a blast from my lightning staff to stun him. I threw out a quick heal for my Dominion ally and the two of us made short work of the swamp walker. As his guts spilled to the ground, the stench was overpowering. And I thought they smelled bad on the outside! Two flags down.

The two of us moved onto the final flag. Several AOE's plus some spear work and the Pact lackeys were taken care of. This is where it gets dangerous as the alarm has gone out to the Pact that their village was under attack and their "soldiers" were being killed by the mighty Dominion duo at Cropsford. The last flag was replaced and the town was placed under the yoke of Aldmeri rule... I mean the town was liberated for the Dominion.

I mounted up and took off before the red army could arrive in force.

That's two.

-Talion
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The door to the Victory Tavern swings wide and a familiar mer strides in. "Give me an Orzorga's Red Frothgar, Hilan. I'm taking a break from that Witchmother's Potent Brew. It is doing a number on my insides," says Talion the Mighty, Star-Made Knight.

"Talion, good to see you!" replies Hilan, "I don't know how you can drink that orc crap but here's a cold one for you."

"Hey Talion," yells Rolion, "You drinkin' orc drinks and you own a home in Rivenspire. You sure you're on our side?"

"Good stuff Rolly, you live in a tree. Are you sure you aren't a spriggan?" laughs Talion.

The khajiit near the back yells out, "Sebazi wants to know if you have taken care of our Black Dagger problems?"

"This one has not." says Talion, "I have bigger fish to fry."

"So," says Taari, "how goes the battlefront? What has our favorite Palatine been up to out there?"

"Give us a tale!" shouts Rolion

"How is the food at Alessia?" asks Hilan.

"Were you there when the three Elder Scrolls were taken?" yells Taari.

"Whoa whoa, one at a time. I haven't put together my formal report for Sorcolin yet. However, I do have one for you, this happened earlier today in fact. And yes, Taari, I was there when the three scrolls were taken. We managed to get two back already if I'm not mistaken. I was at Nikel taking care of some business on the Covenant front lines when word reached me that the scrolls were being taken and were close to Sejanus. I quickly ported over and mounted Boo, my fiery nightmare senche..."

"You left her outside right? This entire place is made of wood." interrupted Hilan.

"Yes, Hilan. Anyway... where was I?"

"The scrolls?" chimed in Taari, helpfully.

"Right, so I'm dashing across the landscape heading straight for two of our scrolls. There are Pact soldiers everywhere. I'm not kidding, there must have been a hundred of them. I'm seeing scattered battles between our brave Dominion forces and the bandits of the Pact. I'm not stopping though. Eyes on the prize and all that. The Pact was so busy fleeing there wasn't much opposition to me riding right into the middle of the army. Which, now that I look back on it was either extremely brave or foolish. Let's go with brave, it sounds better. I BRAVELY rode into the milling throng of Pact forces with little resistance. That is, until I hear the "clank" of a blow against my armor. I shrug it off and keep moving forward. "Clank" there it is again. I kept riding until another clank brought the stamina of my mount close to zero. I look back and there is a Pact warrior who is shield charging into me over and over again. I was hesitant to dismount at first, as I said, there were at least one hundred of the Pact barbarians crawling all around our scrolls, and while I am good for two dozen or so, one hundred may be even more than I could take. There was something annoying about this fellow though, clanking away at me while I'm riding to get our scrolls back."

Talion pauses for a moment and puts some gold onto the bar, "Another Ozorga's please, Hilan."

"Aye, Walker, you know your money is no good here" says Hilan as he pocketed the gold anyway, in typical Khajiit fashion.

"So this guy keeps coming at me and he's forcing me to dismount right in the middle of the horde. Fine pal, let's do this. What do you have 591 champion points? That's cute. I feared being swarmed but this guy had to be dealt with. I dropped off the side of the senche and drew my swords. I called upon the gods to blast him with a pillar of purifying light and quickly followed by encasing him in a sphere of total darkness..."

"The old ying-yang, light and dark, eh Talion?" interjects Rolion.

"Just so. This guy, he's lit up AND in the dark and I don't think he's ever encountered this before as he proceeded to beat the hell out of himself. A toppling charge from me with a flurry of stabs from my aedric spear and this guy is swaying on his feet. I figured it was time to end this and I finished him off with a huge blow from both my swords, rending this guy into several meaty pieces. Phew, and I thought these Nords smelled bad on the outside! Down he went, quick as you please. Now I was on foot in the middle of the Pact swarm and the fury of battle came over me. I received word from a fellow guild member (who had the bad taste to be fighting for the EP) that I had managed to take him down too. (Jdj - I'm sorry about that. You are a good dude... even if you were EP). My attacks and those of my fellow Dominion soldiers served their purpose though and the Pact race toward their home keeps was delayed long enough for at least two of the scrolls to return home. I returned as well, shortly afterwards. Battered a bit, but victorious."

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To Grand Warlord Sorcolin
    Re: Nikel Outpost

The air was frosty that morning. The water vapor in our breath hung in front of our faces on every exhale. Well, every face except for a nearby stam DK, he had some kind of poisonous gas floating through his beard. It was either residue from a previous Noxious Breath or some kind of ale and fishy sticks combination. It looked bad and smelled even worse. Dentistry in Tamriel leaves a lot to be desired.

It was quiet right now. So quiet you could hear people tighten their grip on their swords. Scouts had reported earlier that a large Covenant force was moving in towards Nikel and we were ready. As ready as we could be anyway, after our failed push on Fort Ash. The silence was broken by a nearby honor guard, "Naemon should have had the throne!" Remind me after this is over to have the Queen's Eyes look into that guy's ties to the Veil.

Earlier there were reports of skirmishes with a band of Pact soldiers nearby luring our troops away from the Outpost, only to be jumped and murdered by several more bandits hiding nearby. Have these guys no honor? Boom! Boom-boom-boom! The Covenant forces have arrived and rather than knocking down the door they are hitting the north wall. I throw up some anti-siege lightning ballista, that'll slow down the guy trying to run three ballistas on his own. The force is smaller than General Madden's armies but initial reports have described this band, led by General @Stoney_McGeee , to be efficient, bloodthirsty, and organized. If they break in, we could be in some trouble. I'm targeting their siege rather than the players to try to prevent that wall from falling. I feel a lot better with a wall between them and I. A small band of AD soldiers engaged the enemy outside but they looked to be in trouble. Suddenly the band of Pact marauders from earlier slammed into the rear flank of the Covenant forces and chaos ensued. We had a three-way battle on our hands!

Suddenly, I recalled my masonry roots and went to patch up the wall while there was a gap between ballista shots. It was at around 30% and I and a few others managed to get it back to 60% before the siege resumed. It was only a stray shot though, and between our forces and the Pact band, the DC group was routed. Quickly we patched up the wall and went out the side door. By this point a larger Dominion force had arrived and it was mostly mop up duty. Beam! Another beam, and the last of the enemy are gone. We survived this one but I don't think we can count on the Pact bailing us out again. We need to get organized or General Stoney is going to have our forces for breakfast.

For now though, the calm resettled over everything. Our breath steamed the air, and the Dominion had a victory. A small one, but a victory none-the-less.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talion the Mighty - High Elf, Vampire, Templar, all around good guy ventured again into Cyrodiil on Sunday afternoon. First things first, I had to get to Ash and retake the mine that had fallen into Covenant Hands, probably dirty Covenant hands, you can't trust a Breton to clean himself and the orcs... the smell! It's all a Mer can take recapturing a resource after those filthy buggers stank up the joint. Anyway, I'm there slaughtering away and knocking the rust off my armor. Things are going pretty well, the guards are melting before my spears of light as expected.

What was unexpected was the appearance of a Covenant rogue, hiding in the shadows and leaping to attack. All was again going well, the battle was evenly matched in my favor when I caught sight of the name. I won't say it here... but it was a famous healer from the AD. I couldn't believe it! A loyal subject of the Queen, fighting for the Covenant? I put down my arms, I could not fight this person. How many times had I fought beside them on the fields outside Nikel outpost or atop the towers of Castle Alessia? Images passed through my mind of cutting a path through enemy armies with them healing and dealing nearby. The pause didn't last long though as another sneaky Covenant "soldier" jumped from the shadows and attacked. Even then I couldn't fight back. Seeing that AD no longer in the fabulous Gold of the Dominion was the killing blow before the killing blow.

So I rezzed up and rode out to the north. Perhaps I could find answers in the snowy mountains to the north. I headed out of Ash on my blue Senche mounty by leaping off the backwall (with a 360 thrown in on the way down) and raced away. By now the rust was gone and I went towards Aleswell and tested out my mettle by taking the lumber mill there and fulfilled my resource capture mission. The general will be pleased about this. Rather than ride all the way back I'll just continue further into enemy territory until I'm killed. Bruma looms on the horizon and it looks like it's garrisoned with covenant troops. Perfect.

I rode in through the west gate towards the guarded flag with the merchant and laid into the guards before I even noticed a DC skeleton apparently buying from the merchant. He and all of his level 17 might turned on me and quickly melted into the ground with a 73k Soul Assault to the face. I didn't see his friend nearby but he was level 18 and hit me with some crystal shards in the side of the head. Hey now, that kind of stung. Stun, charge, spear spear spear, face beam! Dead. Now I can finish killing this guard that's been haplessly battering me from the rear this whole time. I've just about completed the capture when level 17 came flying at me with all the muscle his skeleton had. So I smashed him down again. Sorry that I may have got in the way of his questing, I did the honor emote of his fallen body. Don't worry little DC skelly, I'll be on my way again soon. I finish up the flag capture and move to the dolmen flag. I'm cutting through those guards when I catch another shard to the side of the head. Level 18 is back and 17 as well! I'm leaping around stunning and gap closing, melting the 18 with the soul assault again, chugging a quick potion to get some magic back before finishing off the 17 again. It took me back to my lower levels when I would get wrecked by VR16's. Or to my current level when I run into the good players and get wrecked. I felt a little bad for those guys. Just a little though. I finished securing the village without any further fights and logged off.

It was good to be back.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    those stories never get old for me...that is some seriously solid writing my friend :)
    Edited by geonsocal on November 22, 2018 12:08AM
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thought I would describe my daily eso experience NZ time around 8pm
    -log on after a day at work, dinner and clean up for some r and r
    -play a half hour of laggy pvp
    -map gets ruined by a faction (currently ep)
    -change characters to do some dailies or something
    -get booted to screen with message telling me I should check my internet connection
    -close app
    -not reccomend game to anyone
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought I would describe my daily eso experience NZ time around 8pm
    -log on after a day at work, dinner and clean up for some r and r
    -play a half hour of laggy pvp
    -map gets ruined by a faction (currently ep)
    -change characters to do some dailies or something
    -get booted to screen with message telling me I should check my internet connection
    -close app
    -not reccomend game to anyone

Oceanaic folks always have a tough time playing games like these.

Have you tried DMZing the PS4? Might help a little bit.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went hunting in Cyro and bagged me an AD turkey! :D
    f25595_0524093871544d7486dfa3d699eeda53~mv2.jpg
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope everyone is having a wonderful day today...

one of my favorite holidays here in the states - thanksgiving day...great day for family, friends and food :)
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    Gg @kylewwefan your guys destroyed our group
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    had a blast in vivec NA today, lot's of fun fights...

was on my magblade, still wearing torug's, sloads, and grothdarr and using the oblivion enchants...I focus a lot on aoe stuff and hack and slash when I get close (still using DW, cuz - looks cool)...I'm not really sure what effects the changes to enchants is having...

other than the changes to hardened ward on my mag sorc, I was most interested to see what the changes to major evasion would play like...I use blur when fighting ranged on both my magblade and stamblade (on their melee bar I have shadowy disguise slotted, I just bar swap for when I need a crit strike on the other bar)...

honestly, i couldn't really tell the difference...if anything - i think the reduction to aoe damage may actually be favoring me, particularly against aoe ults...i'm not sure though...

one of these days, I may need to mess up my clean UI and add in some trackers and numbers...I don't know, we'll see...to be honest, I'm not really that curious :)

Edit: had a chance to chase some folks down today (they were trying to get from the ni-mohk gate to the scroll temple - it was funny watching a few folks try to run away from impale...it actually has pretty decent distance...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 25, 2018 5:19AM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve been living in Cyrodil for a few days now. This place is seriously addictive. Get on sometime in the afternoon; next thing I know it’s 1:30 am.

Been getting into some good groups. The other night we defended our scrolls for a few hours solid. The Pact has been relentless. Every battle feels so close like it could go either way at the drop of a hat.

Then I come back on and we lost them. There’s so many freaking red on. It’s crazy. We’re so helplessly outnumbered. Why don’t this filthy yellows try and get theirs back while red is focusing on us so hard. What are they doing? How in the world is yellow and blue gated at the same time.

They’re scared. Apparently so are we. No one will make a move on red. There’s too many.

I’m not a big fan of defending anything, but this group I was in was adamant about defending those scrolls. They’re pretty important.

Well anyways in other things PvP, I’m getting better. Had a guy whisper me how my build is such trash. I agreed and we talked about it. I fought this guy for ten minutes straight. Couldn’t kill him, he couldn’t kill me. Basically we had the exact same build. To me though...being in the fight without dying super quick. I think it’s solid. Just got to line up a good burst. Not sure I really want to change anything.

7’th Legion Bone Pirate Troll King. Masters Bow. The trick is lingering health pots. I’ve no problem sharing.

I can still smash potatoes and PvE builds, just other PvP ers not so much.
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I’ve been living in Cyrodil for a few days now. This place is seriously addictive. Get on sometime in the afternoon; next thing I know it’s 1:30 am.

Been getting into some good groups. The other night we defended our scrolls for a few hours solid. The Pact has been relentless. Every battle feels so close like it could go either way at the drop of a hat.

Then I come back on and we lost them. There’s so many freaking red on. It’s crazy. We’re so helplessly outnumbered. Why don’t this filthy yellows try and get theirs back while red is focusing on us so hard. What are they doing? How in the world is yellow and blue gated at the same time.

They’re scared. Apparently so are we. No one will make a move on red. There’s too many.

I’m not a big fan of defending anything, but this group I was in was adamant about defending those scrolls. They’re pretty important.

Well anyways in other things PvP, I’m getting better. Had a guy whisper me how my build is such trash. I agreed and we talked about it. I fought this guy for ten minutes straight. Couldn’t kill him, he couldn’t kill me. Basically we had the exact same build. To me though...being in the fight without dying super quick. I think it’s solid. Just got to line up a good burst. Not sure I really want to change anything.

7’th Legion Bone Pirate Troll King. Masters Bow. The trick is lingering health pots. I’ve no problem sharing.

I can still smash potatoes and PvE builds, just other PvP ers not so much.

The only reason why Ep has so many people right now is because we are winning campaign it’s usually Ad who outnumbers. Dc needs help a good chunk of The leadership is gone in Dc
    Edited by Lokirules on November 26, 2018 12:50AM
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokirules wrote: »
    The only reason why Ep has so many people right now is because we are winning campaign it’s usually Ad who outnumbers. Dc needs help a good chunk of The leadership is gone in Dc

I've only been playing since July but from what I've observed with AD, they have a day crew no one can compete with. If they're not on or playing the campaign, there's a pretty solid chance EP will win otherwise its a loop, EP wins the night, AD wins the morning, EP spends all afternoon getting scrolls back, repeat.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cheifsoap wrote: »
    Lokirules wrote: »

I've only been playing since July but from what I've observed with AD, they have a day crew no one can compete with. If they're not on or playing the campaign, there's a pretty solid chance EP will win otherwise its a loop, EP wins the night, AD wins the morning, EP spends all afternoon getting scrolls back, repeat.

that sounds about right...it would seem in just a short period of time you have cracked the code :)

we probably get a variation to that with eso events, new content release and guild map preferences...but, yeah, the map can definitely fluctuate significantly throughout the week or weekend...

it's good to have you on board cheif...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cheifsoap ...had a chance to read through some of your other comments, sorry to hear about some of the game performance issues you've encountered since starting play, sadly poor game performance is at times a part of the game we all share and enjoy...

i ran into some serious performance issues last night, i know just about everyone else is experiencing the same thing...it doesn't upset me as much as it used to, now, i'll either simply put up with it, or, play another game...

the only folks whom seem to not mind the lag so much are snipe spammers - cuz, snipe and lag are a serious match made in oblivion :s

there was a time though, years now it seems, when performance wasn't nearly this bad...i keep hoping one day zos will get it sorted out - we'll see...
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, ever since certain people left the game to take a break, EP has been kind of peaceful. No one is really fighting each other and we all know that we need to work together to accomplish something. Sure there’s still trolls who troll the chats every so often but it’s not as bad as it once was. I will say this, Murkmire has been EP’s saviour! Destructible bridges and gates have been super effective in halting both AD and DC.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been sitting this campaign out playing on EU server.
    What you trying to say? lmao
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We have some ding *** in the DC just spitting out nonsense like all day long. I don’t see there’s any way Boneless actually does anything but type BS into chat?

We’re losing pretty bad. Every small victory is a major accomplishment afaic. And these guys still spit venom all over the zone. SMDH.

I got sniped last night. This freaking tool....ermph. I actually killed him and he came back. And then got me while I was busy with NPC. These guys actually don’t want to fight you. They want to kill you from a safe distance and never really engage in combat. Ya know. Like a sniper. He has no chance of killing you on his own though. He may get the last shot in. Like Sorc with Mages Wrath.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is much easier to deal with opponents at range due to the fact they still need to travel to get to you. Giving you ample time to prepare for a reaction.

I've tried the bow gank build stuff, but it just gets really boring for me. It feels better to actually be engaged in a fight then just gank.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, I finally just put boneless on block...

they may be an endearing personality to some, but, i found them to be repetitive, and, kind of sad...i'm playing a game, I don't want to have to feel sorry for someone while I'm doing that...

I get when some folks get frustrated with the game, the enemies and many times their own allies...

but, someone repeating the same stuff over and over again, becomes tedious...

after 2 campaigns now in vivec, EU, I've really enjoyed chatting in zone there...

now that I'm blue all the time, I'm starting to get more comfortable chatting in vivec, NA...

had a chance to group up with @theyoungerbrother (ratsnaggle) the other day for a little bit...I had a blast...

after reading some of their pretty passionate posts - I wasn't really sure what to expect when they spoke on the mic...

they sounded like mister rogers describing pvp...very measured and calm...it was funny, just cuz, pvp can get soooo chaotic at times :)
    Edited by geonsocal on November 28, 2018 9:29PM