The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dw stam sorcs, how do you do it?

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I run dizzying swing and I struggle to land a dizzying swing in competent players but ive seen dw stam sorcs rack up a lot of kills even tho we don't have a spammable. Ive been told the playstyle is heavy rending slashes bash weaving, what else is there to it? what do your bars look like?
Edited by Aliyavana on November 20, 2018 10:38PM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spam streak. When you’re out of Magicka, spam roll dodge.

When you’re out of Stam, just run. Whatever you do, don’t stop running.

When you’re far enough away, log off.

That way, they’ll be confused and think you’re a stam blade who cloaked away.

In the immortal words of Abraham Lincoln, “they can’t kill you if they can’t find you.”
    Edited by ChunkyCat on November 20, 2018 10:43PM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's really DBoS that does all the work.

Heavy -> Rending, smack with DBoS, follow with a Rapid Strikes. Implosion will show up with that 100% proc chance.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

Heavy -> Rending, smack with DBoS, follow with a Rapid Strikes. Implosion will show up with that 100% proc chance.

Do you throw an occasional la or ma rending in there?
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Solariken wrote: »

Do you throw an occasional la or ma rending in there?

Of course LA weaves, mainhand Nirn with Shock and offhand infused with Phys+Stam return. Master axes preferred but not mandatory.
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    For PVP? Don't run shock enchant, run oblivion. You need something to chip at health under shields. More chance at implosion is pointless if you can't get them into range to proc it.

If you're going to run dw/2h or dw/bow (and not use focused aim) you're not going to have fracture so at most, run a maul and focus on weapon damage. I haven't run bow in forever, don't even have it leveled on my ep stam sorc. I don't want to give up forward momentum.

Dizzying swing/dawn bringer/reverse slice is so satisfying and there are some players like Fengrush who just destroy with it. I know they said they fixed it but as much as I used to miss with dizzying swing before, I can almost never land it now against any decent player, especially someone running swift. Certainly not enough to land it reliably.

Easy mode dw in my opinion is dw/2h. Run rending slashes, steel tornado, streak and dawn bringer on one bar. Run carve/brawler and crit rush/stampede on the 2h. Run double dot poisons on the 2h, oblivion/weapon dmg enchants on dw. 2h should be an axe, dw should be axe/dagger. If you have a VMA 2h, even better.

So basic bleed build. Whole point is to pressure until you see the chance to burst then use dawnbringer and tornado to kill. You will have more weapon damage on you dw, so carve and then pressure with rending slashes on dw. Every time their cc immunity wears off, streak them and then 180 crit rush them for extra burst.

It's all about sustain, you have to apply constant pressure. Sustain is king but try to get your stam regen high and not crutch too hard on dark deal. Once you dark deal you basically are resetting the fight because the delay means they get a chance to reset as well.

This doesn't work well against fossilize spamming DKs and magblades who load up on healing with thinks like leeching strikes and degeneration. Maybe for the magblades if you really go all in damage you can out pressure them but you will want to be running small group with heals for that or you will squish fast. Templars will just laugh and purge but they're still fun to beat on.

One nice thing about building for this is if you get your sustain and weapon damage high enough, it makes a great werewolf build as well.

I've moved more into the sustain, I'm running reverse slice/crit rush on my 2h with atro ult and have dropped tornado for bound armaments on my dw bar. It's harder and I'm not winning as many fights but feels like it has more potential. The higher sustain is great for WW too, I have over 1k magicka regen on the build I'm running right now.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whats your opinion on double infused dw master weapons? did the nerf make it not worth it? I run wep damage main hand and stam return off hand
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have master weapons you absolutely should use them. I never pve except for vma so never got a chance to get them. You want axes.

I run nirnhoned main hand with oblivion enchant and infused offhand with weapon damage enchant. If you have both dw and 2h master, then just don't run a monster set.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurricane + Rending, DboS, spin2win

That's really all it takes, my backbar is bow; so there's poison injection ticks as well.

Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have a video of a dw stam sorc build in action? id like to see it being played
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Spam streak. When you’re out of Magicka, spam roll dodge.

When you’re out of Stam, just run. Whatever you do, don’t stop running.

When you’re far enough away, log off.

That way, they’ll be confused and think you’re a stam blade who cloaked away.

In the immortal words of Abraham Lincoln, “they can’t kill you if they can’t find you.”

I tried this and it worked 10/10
  • Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dizzy with Aussie ping to boot is hard. My stam DK still uses it, but it's a damn pain.

So on my 2H/DW stam sorc, I replaced dizzy with rune cage (RC).
    Works quite well, RC -> HA -> Cleave -> swap -> LA -> Rending.

Running a partial cheese build atm, because 1 night while drunk I got sick of being cheesed. So I been running viper front barred with a 2H axe with double dot poisons. Master axes back bar.

So we have viper + cleave + rending ticking, then potentially double dot poison, heavy weapon bleed, dw bleed.

For more cheese you can run skoria which procs on cool down with all those dots running, but I prefer blood spawn, helps me stay alive for an extra second occasionally.

Rune Cage has other advantages, you can shut down attacks at a distance from bowtards and other ranged classes, especially now that they stole our speed.

The only drawback is potential cc immunity, but then usually you can DBoS to put them on the defensive.

Some ppl said don't run shock glyphs, but I think they forget about implosion passive which can be triggered of both physical and shock damage.
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without a spammable it wont work on decent players, a rending with a db into spin2win won't be enough dmg unless they are complete potatoes. If you can get master axes though when it would be enough damage as they add so much pressure that most people will be on half hp before they expect it.

I use dizzy on my stamsorc and have no issues most of the time though, even against good players, it just takes a lot of practice. Just make sure to leave a bit of distance between your opponent so they find it harder to move into you.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aliyavana not sure why nobody has given good advice yet.

The actual strategy is to wait on the outsides of the fight for someone else to DBoS a clump. Then rush in, DBoS both teams and spin2win to kill steal 4tw. When in trouble, streak and kite away.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »
    Without a spammable it wont work on decent players, a rending with a db into spin2win won't be enough dmg unless they are complete potatoes. If you can get master axes though when it would be enough damage as they add so much pressure that most people will be on half hp before they expect it.

I use dizzy on my stamsorc and have no issues most of the time though, even against good players, it just takes a lot of practice. Just make sure to leave a bit of distance between your opponent so they find it harder to move into you.

I do have master dw
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DW has plenty spammable. Flying Dagger and Flurry.

Flurry spam with Infused Torugs, is more damage than ANYTHING else you can do. At least in no cp.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • jhall03
    jhall03
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, flying daggers is a good spammable IMO
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Clever Alch, Masters Dual Wield, BloodSpawn and then the other set is a flex spot depending on what I really want also I use 5 medium & 2 heavy. Solo, StamSorc needs to use its mobility to string people out. However I feel like StamSorc excels in duos/trios/etc. As others mentioned, it is primairly the use of rending, DBoS and Spin2Win. I have also used Shrouded Dagger as a "spammable" the bounce damage is really good.
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Does anyone have a video of a dw stam sorc build in action? id like to see it being played

Here's a video of me (StamSorc) running duos with my MagDK buddy. Made 118k AP in 31 minutes, lol. We did have low score bonus though. The playlist on my YouTube is all StamSorc footage.

I run Dual Wield & Bow. Draining Shot is very strong this patch and also the change to major expedition makes the passive from bow really good as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxd2Q2WN67s&index=2&list=PLnUtPt0XUIjTsRh9458RefyALdLAiPB5o&t=0s

Here's three of us farming the Emperor and others from a resource

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8diPd8ul6U&index=6&list=PLnUtPt0XUIjTsRh9458RefyALdLAiPB5o&t=0s
    Edited by BaylorCorvette on November 21, 2018 3:04PM
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    DW has plenty spammable. Flying Dagger and Flurry.

Flurry spam with Infused Torugs, is more damage than ANYTHING else you can do. At least in no cp.

I would argue than when taking damage/cost into consideration, Rending Slashes is a better spammable than both Flying Dagger and Flurry, even on a Torug build.
    Edited by Aznox on November 21, 2018 2:42PM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Aliyavana I’m a native Dizzy sorc, but have been spinning for the past few patches in BGs and I know you play those most.

My bread and butter build:

5 Heavy 2 Light
    -2 PC TK (BS or Slimecraw depening on grp)
    -5 Pc 7L
    -5 Pc Spriggan
    - Nirn dagger (shock), infused axe (WD)
    - Defending greatsword (absorb stam)
    - Steed
    Yes I’m double barring those and no, I don’t use Masters. 2H is baxkbar so set is irrelevant. If u really want master then can switch 7L for CA but my 100% uptimes on set bonuses are what net me 3mil+ damage matches. In medium swap sprig for fury.

Bars:
    2H - caltrops - surge - hurricane - FM - dark deal - Atro
    Dw - Bound Arms - rending -spin - quick cloak - vigor - Dbos

If you really desire a spammable or CC, caltrops or BA can be flexxed for throwing knives or trap/rune cage.

No streak, but if you put a caltrops between you and pop a quick cloak you will put distance.

Starting next week I should be streaming a good amount throughout the winter to peep that gameplay: twitch.tv/del_9_
    PCNA

• del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    To add, I see some people are reccomendi g draining shot. But that CC is absolutely broken and anyone that has at least an ounce of honor doesn’t use that skill.
    PCNA

• JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    del9 wrote: »
    To add, I see some people are reccomendi g draining shot. But that CC is absolutely broken and anyone that has at least an ounce of honor doesn’t use that skill.

Then dont use reverb
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »

Then dont use reverb

Sorry friend, but I don’t follow.
    PCNA

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Defensive Rune
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then dont use reverb

Reverb' stun is just as buggy as draining shot plus it gives you major defile. I say fix them both.
  • Lord_Sando
    Lord_Sando
    ✭✭✭
    I am a dizzy user and I use the best of both worlds and run 2h/DW rending on buff bar (no master DW). Out of all my set combo's i would say the staples that I personally love are Blood spawn and cleaver alchemist with 5 piece medium armor. I also build for high weapon damage ( that's very important). sorc has some passives that work together very well together, the bonus to physical damage stacked with the orc race bonus to melee damage stacked with 2h bonus to damage with swords/ and the bonus damage after a heavy attack (heavy attack dawn breaker or onslaught great combo). also check you tool tips if your unbuffed dizzy tool tip is below 14k its not worth using. Just my 2 cents
    Edited by Lord_Sando on November 21, 2018 8:17PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Aliyavana I’m a native Dizzy sorc, but have been spinning for the past few patches in BGs and I know you play those most.

My bread and butter build:

5 Heavy 2 Light
    -2 PC TK (BS or Slimecraw depening on grp)
    -5 Pc 7L
    -5 Pc Spriggan
    - Nirn dagger (shock), infused axe (WD)
    - Defending greatsword (absorb stam)
    - Steed
    Yes I’m double barring those and no, I don’t use Masters. 2H is baxkbar so set is irrelevant. If u really want master then can switch 7L for CA but my 100% uptimes on set bonuses are what net me 3mil+ damage matches. In medium swap sprig for fury.

Bars:
    2H - caltrops - surge - hurricane - FM - dark deal - Atro
    Dw - Bound Arms - rending -spin - quick cloak - vigor - Dbos

If you really desire a spammable or CC, caltrops or BA can be flexxed for throwing knives or trap/rune cage.

No streak, but if you put a caltrops between you and pop a quick cloak you will put distance.

Starting next week I should be streaming a good amount throughout the winter to peep that gameplay: twitch.tv/del_9_

So your saying that masters dw isn't worth it in your opinion? anyways I think its best to follow your advice since your one of the best stam sorcs in NA
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then dont use reverb

Reverb' stun is just as buggy as draining shot plus it gives you major defile. I say fix them both.

I’ve never gotten stunned by reverb without also receiving immunity. I’ve never been double reverb stunned either.

Draining shot is a buggy CC. If you haven’t been affected by the bugs then you’re lucky.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Then dont use reverb

I’ve never gotten stunned by reverb without also receiving immunity. I’ve never been double reverb stunned either.

Draining shot is a buggy CC. If you haven’t been affected by the bugs then you’re lucky.

Then I should play in the mega millions in that case. I never got double stunned by draining shot and I always gotten immunity from it.

Edit: Even so, it should have been fixed yesterday. Have the heal proc if target is knocked back/stunned instead of after the knockback and then have it behave as magicka javelin
    Edited by JobooAGS on November 21, 2018 8:18PM
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    At the moment I'm running 7th legion/bone pirate and bloodspawn dw/2h and it's OP for kiting. The 7th heals and crit surge will keep you alive without trying - kite, wait for 7th to proc, DB, spin2win. That's all I use and it works. I don't have any spammable other than steel tornado because it'll replace another slot, and 1vX is mostly about kiting until you have an offensive window to ulti dump and execute.

You just don't have the luxury of time to spam flurry or shrouded daggers (although I do use rending).

I've had the master dw clever alch setup and agreed that is op. Rending is basically your spammable in this setup cause it kills people by itself... However guys, I've thought of an ever better setup that doesn't require a potion proc..

Truth backbar, bone pirate, master dw, bloodspawn.

I find myself proccing off balance all the time in 1vX so that 500 wep damage for simply dodge rolling for a whole 10 seconds seems wayyyyy more convenient that popping a pot every 45 seconds for burst. And in medium u can afford to dodge roll.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »
    At the moment I'm running 7th legion/bone pirate and bloodspawn dw/2h and it's OP for kiting. The 7th heals and crit surge will keep you alive without trying - kite, wait for 7th to proc, DB, spin2win. That's all I use and it works. I don't have any spammable other than steel tornado because it'll replace another slot, and 1vX is mostly about kiting until you have an offensive window to ulti dump and execute.

You just don't have the luxury of time to spam flurry or shrouded daggers (although I do use rending).

I've had the master dw clever alch setup and agreed that is op. Rending is basically your spammable in this setup cause it kills people by itself... However guys, I've thought of an ever better setup that doesn't require a potion proc..

Truth backbar, bone pirate, master dw, bloodspawn.

I find myself proccing off balance all the time in 1vX so that 500 wep damage for simply dodge rolling for a whole 10 seconds seems wayyyyy more convenient that popping a pot every 45 seconds for burst. And in medium u can afford to dodge roll.

What procs offbalance?