Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pairing Spell Strategist with Mother's Sorrow

md3788
md3788
✭✭✭
On a High Elf Magicka Templar. Curious if anyone is doing this for raids? I see a lot of dummy fights with Siroria/Spell Strat but I'm looking for true in-game application. Right now I run MS/BSW or MS/Siroria in raids and dungeons, but am considering replacing BSW or Siroria with SS. I feel like MS should be a constant to keep crit chance high.

vFG1 HM
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    The thing with spell strategist is that isnt really interesting in most fights, I have to admit I got the damn set, but it doesnt overperform BSW or Siroria that much. Think this, VAS+2 is the most lonely fight you have in the game, but in this trial you have a tank stacking the minibosses to the main boss to burn them with ultis, in that scenario the ulti isnt getting anything from SS, some fights with normal mobs, like VAA might be great, but in VMOL, VHOF, etc where you actually wanna cleave the mobs while you attack the main bosses, is a DPS loss.
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    Hixtory wrote: »
    The thing with spell strategist is that isnt really interesting in most fights, I have to admit I got the damn set, but it doesnt overperform BSW or Siroria that much. Think this, VAS+2 is the most lonely fight you have in the game, but in this trial you have a tank stacking the minibosses to the main boss to burn them with ultis, in that scenario the ulti isnt getting anything from SS, some fights with normal mobs, like VAA might be great, but in VMOL, VHOF, etc where you actually wanna cleave the mobs while you attack the main bosses, is a DPS loss.

That was actually my concern: fights where mini bosses are stacked on the main boss. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    vFG1 HM
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spell strategist is functioning very good in single target fights
    for other fights you are way better while using something like MS
    just like @Hixtory already pointed out
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys need to stop trying to drive the Spell Strategists prices down with all those “alternative facts.”

On that note, WTS Infused Spell Strategists Inferno staff; 500k.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    You guys need to stop trying to drive the Spell Strategists prices down with all those “alternative facts.”

On that note, WTS Infused Spell Strategists Inferno staff; 500k.

Hahaha, luckily for magplar lightning staff is better, with Sweeps, and I got mine for a 100K. For what it's worth I use SS + MS, simply because I could buy both of those sets. I am a PvPer who occasionally participates in vDungeons and nRaids for farming.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You aren't wrong, however when you get to the point where the adds die in cleave anyway spell strategist starts become really strong because single target is what determines fight duration. The overall DPS might not change much, but there is no point in killing adds faster then you would have to if you can push the boss more instead. So in conclusion I think it depends very much on the groups level performance.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »

You aren't wrong, however when you get to the point where the adds die in cleave anyway spell strategist starts become really strong because single target is what determines fight duration. The overall DPS might not change much, but there is no point in killing adds faster then you would have to if you can push the boss more instead. So in conclusion I think it depends very much on the groups level performance.

In that case, what are you using for a secondary set to pair with SS?
    vFG1 HM
  • BooPerScOOper
    BooPerScOOper
    ✭✭✭
    Siro/Spell Strat
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    md3788 wrote: »
    FakeFox wrote: »

In that case, what are you using for a secondary set to pair with SS?

Siroria for most content, MS for when I have to move too much.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭
    I've checked some dps tests and comparations of the sets on YT because I cba to do it myself.
    Apperantly, SS has a whooping 1% dps edge against BSW or MS lol.
    So for me, it's not worthed to invest gold or APs in it, I'll just wait until I get all pieces I need in divine from PVP awards, no matter how long it takes.

Edited by Hochstapler on November 20, 2018 2:29AM
    I care about your gaming "problems" and teenage anxieties, just not today.
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're talking pure single target. Siroria and spell strategist is the way to go. Your spell damage is gonna be really good anyways that cleave for the most part wont be a problem
  • d10is13
    d10is13
    nobody cares what you do in raids, all that anybody cares about is how high your dummy parse is
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    d10is13 wrote: »
    nobody cares what you do in raids, all that anybody cares about is how high your dummy parse is

obviously never been in a better guild than signup raid (vAA without HM) once a week.
    Edited by ATomiX96 on November 20, 2018 1:52PM
  • BooPerScOOper
    BooPerScOOper
    ✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    d10is13 wrote: »

obviously never been in a better guild than signup raid (vAA without HM) once a week.

lol... Right
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you're looking for a true in-game application then why not master architect?
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it confirmed that Spell Strategist buff isn't affected by any Minor or Major Sorcery?
    PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weps wrote: »
    Is it confirmed that Spell Strategist buff isn't affected by any Minor or Major Sorcery?

As far as I know it is not, since it does not increase you Spelldmg in you character sheet, and only affects the Enemy (its both a Buff and a Debuff, according to Combat Metrics)
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

Usually a few nightblades in my group run MA but I've considered that as well
    vFG1 HM
  • BooPerScOOper
    BooPerScOOper
    ✭✭✭
    MA is still a good support set.
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭

MA is a great set, but in this case is a MUST to have the staff, that's literally the set you can 100% control when to proc it, so you can have Siroria, BSW, MS 100% active.

:wink:

Edited by Hixtory on November 20, 2018 8:15PM
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭

MA is a great set, but in this case is a MUST to have the staff, that's literally the set you can 100% control when to proc it, so you can have Siroria, BSW, MS 100% active.

No it's not, you can make it proc either using Destro or Soul Harvest. Is a must have only for Wardens, everyone else can still front bar MS and pull 50k+

As far as I know it is not, since it does not increase you Spelldmg in you character sheet, and only affects the Enemy (its both a Buff and a Debuff, according to Combat Metrics)

And has anyone tested if the bug that would take your buff away if another player applied it on the same target has been fixed?

My EU Preciouses
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭

No it's not, you can make it proc either using Destro or Soul Harvest. Is a must have only for Wardens, everyone else can still front bar MS and pull 50k+

Rephrasing to SHOULD, is better to have 100% those other sets because you can control the burst of MA using soul harvest, bear, Empowering Sweep. Why would you want to use MA with destro?
    Edited by Hixtory on November 20, 2018 8:35PM
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭

Rephrasing to SHOULD, is better to have 100% those other sets because you can control the burst of MA using soul harvest, bear, Empowering Sweep. Why would you want to use MA with destro?

When you need to open fights with AoE?Think about Twins in vMoL, Triplets in vHoF, the Spider in vHoF...there are many cases like this...To have the 8% damage boost on front bar, to give Major Slayer even when I'm fully ranged...you can lower the uptime a little bit, it depends on the fight and your ability and experience using the set frankly.

On a magicka you don't really loose much DPS front-barring a static set, you only spend one or two seconds on your backbar, depending on the fight

My EU Preciouses