Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

1500 crowns per outfit slot (1 slot) just under $1200 for every slot

• OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

I dont know anyone who has bought even 1 slot, while I know many people who would have bought many if the prices were not that ridiculous

But you are right, the way they manage the description clearly says something about their motive and practices.

Incidentally, that's why I keep bringing this up over and over again. It's not just how terrible this one thing is - though it's pretty bad. Rather, it's the principle of the matter. It's a demonstration of something rotten in the monetization of this game. Something that's hardly new, but rarely so well demonstrated as this.

If the game ever dies, it will die because of excessively greedy, short-sighteded, unscrupulous monetization practices.
    Edited by OrdoHermetica on November 23, 2018 7:26AM
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Let's imagine please situation.
    U 've found something u need at Amazon or Ali Express. For example snowboard. There is information about it's manufacturer, technologies, size, everything, price is expencive but ok u buy it. Then, coming delivery, u open the crate and, your snowboard is second-hand in a bad condition.
    ...Seller didn't wrote anything about it intentionally... or not...What will u do?

That's what we have with "Outfit Slot Upgrade" in crown store.
    Fix it, provide us full information about goods.
    @Anethum from .ua
  • DR4GONFL1
    DR4GONFL1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was so disappointed already by the cost to recolor or change the appearance of your outfit, even after you have the motif. Then to finally get another outfit slot only to realize on top of an already broken thing they were asking money for this when its something that should have just been available to us all along. There is Greed and then there is an egoism here that is just disgusting. Something as simple as saving an outfit should have never even been considered to make available only for purchase.

You want to have faith in a game that you really like and invest time and money in but as the practices become worse and worse your slowly pushed away.
    Edited by DR4GONFL1 on November 20, 2018 8:06PM
  • Velaethia
    Velaethia
    ✭✭✭
    Have they fixed this yet? Waiting to resub once they fix it. :)
    Let's get one thing straight, I'm not ; )
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Velaethia wrote: »
    Have they fixed this yet? Waiting to resub once they fix it. :)

No, and unfortunately, they probably never will. It wasn't an error on their part; it was intentional. As such, as far as they're concerned, there's nothing to fix.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom are u going to react this issue for Scam from your side?
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • nerfworthy
    nerfworthy
    ✭✭✭
    I won't buy an outfit slot unless they put them on a mega sale or something.. the price is outrageous.
    MagWarden main and a Dunmer enthusiast!
  • MamaDruid
    MamaDruid
    ✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    todokete wrote: »
    haha you deserve it for not researching first

This is a silly response. Based on the price, who would every think that it is limited to a single character? And based on the text, there is nothing to make it clear that the pricing is as ludicrous as it is.

Sadly... they are not entirely wrong. There are definitely some "buyer beware" conditions that apply here. People should do research before purchasing a number of things, not just this item.

Research should be limited to transparency in the store. Nobody should have to research this outside the game. The currency shop in SWTOR clearly states whether or not your purchase applies to the character who is purchasing or all characters on your account.

If real goods were "marketed" this way in the real world, there'd be lawsuits. Thankfully consumers are protected in the real world, but not when it comes to virtual goods. I'm sure that will change in the near future and regulation will eventually be applied to virtual crate shop systems.

@lordrichter @DaveMoeDee @todokete @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by MamaDruid on December 6, 2018 1:42AM
    Most people go through life dreading they'll have a traumatic experience. Freaks were born with their trauma. They've already passed their test in life. They're aristocrats.
    ― Diane Arbus
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MamaDruid wrote: »
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    todokete wrote: »
    haha you deserve it for not researching first

This is a silly response. Based on the price, who would every think that it is limited to a single character? And based on the text, there is nothing to make it clear that the pricing is as ludicrous as it is.

Sadly... they are not entirely wrong. There are definitely some "buyer beware" conditions that apply here. People should do research before purchasing a number of things, not just this item.

Research should be limited to transparency in the store. Nobody should have to research this outside the game. The currency shop in SWTOR clearly states whether or not your purchase applies to the character who is purchasing or all characters on your account.

If real goods were "marketed" this way in the real world, there'd be lawsuits. Thankfully consumers are protected in the real world, but not when it comes to virtual goods. I'm sure that will change in the near future and regulation will eventually be applied to virtual crate shop systems.

That's part of what makes it sad. People should be able to tell what they are getting from the in-game descriptions and presentations, or at least trust ZOS to not pull one on them. This is not always the case.

In this case, all they need to do is roll out a small change to the description of the item to make it clear to everyone.

I can't tell whether they don't care, they don't agree that it is needed, just don't have the time to fix it, don't think the extra text will look aesthetically pleasing, or don't want people to know. If this thread wasn't 1000 comments long, I would assume they simply don't agree. I decided they don't care. The fix is much simpler than stubbornly standing ground.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • nerfworthy
    nerfworthy
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, I find it hysterical that literally the day after I write that I won't buy one unless it is put on sale... it goes 50% off. Are you spying on me Zos? o.0
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    Looks like the outfit token/slot upgrades are on sale again. Sorry ZOS. 50% is still way too high of a price for a single slot upgrade.

With how often these are on sale, is it not just time to admit you bungled this feature and make it right?

Not only on sale again, but once again on sale for a really long time. Never a great sign. Though as mentioned before in the thread, they probably feel like it's too late to turn back now.

They don't want to admit their greed on this , and a sale on that already insulting price to make it seem like its an opportunity only further insults the buyer's intelligence, instead all they had to do was making it account wide, and many people would happily buy some.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 6, 2018 3:35PM
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nerfworthy wrote: »
    Okay, I find it hysterical that literally the day after I write that I won't buy one unless it is put on sale... it goes 50% off. Are you spying on me Zos? o.0

It's been on sale (it seems) more than it's been full price. 750 crowns is still too expensive, for me, for a single character, single slot token though.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • nerfworthy
    nerfworthy
    ✭✭✭

It's been on sale (it seems) more than it's been full price. 750 crowns is still too expensive, for me, for a single character, single slot token though.

It is still very expensive, but I tend to focus on one character so it's not so bad for me. I'll be buying one probably.
  • Anthony_Arndt
    Anthony_Arndt
    ✭✭✭

It is still very expensive, but I tend to focus on one character so it's not so bad for me. I'll be buying one probably.

If I only had one character, I could maybe see using my ESO+ crowns... but I have 8, my wife has 5, and my son has 3. Double that for each of us if you count NA and EU servers. And having come to ESO from SWTOR, where EA charges the equivalent of 240 crowns per account-wide unlock, and there account-wide is actually account-wide and not per server, it makes ZOS look particularly greedy.

Which makes me feel bad for the devs because ESO's outfit system is one of my favourites from all the MMOs I've ever played... and then the grinches in charge of the crowns store overprice it so grossly that it's a constant irritant tarnishing an otherwise wonderful feature.
    ”Fusozay Var Var”: ”Enjoy Life”
    Life is short. If you have not made love recently, please, put down this book, and take care of that with all haste. Find a wanton lass or a frisky lad, or several, in whatever combination your wise loins direct, and do not under any circumstances play hard to get. Our struggle against the colossal forces of oppression can wait.
    Good. Welcome back.
    We Khajiit live and fight together, and our struggles will not end very soon, likely not in our lifetimes. In the time we have, we do not want our closest comrades to be dour, dull, colorless, sober, and virginal. If we did, we would have joined the Thalmor.
    Do not begrudge us our lewd jokes, our bawdy, drunken nights, our moonsugar. They are the pleasures often denied to us, and so we take our good humor very seriously.
    Outfit slots are disgustingly expensive.
  • j.greenmanb16_ESO
    j.greenmanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Holy hell in a handbasket ZOS, 1500 crowns for an outfit slot, and you need to buy each slot for each character? That is insane. I have 10 characters! if were to just use my monthly crowns, it would take me 10 months to unlock an extra outfit for each character, and what is that? Lets say 1500 crowns is approx $15, well thats $180 for one extra outfit slot for each character. Disgusting. If im not going to pay that for a bloody house in game, Im sure as hell not going to do that for an outfit slot.

What's even worse, it is not stated so in the crown store that it is not account wide. Again, another case of the crown store being slimier than it should be.
    "You are brave and you are strong, of this there is no doubt. But without me at your side, your deeds will go unknown, your death unwept and your story unsung - Sings-In-Shade, the Argonian Bard
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I bought one, but then I don't level alts.

Too expensive, anyway, unless you want them to be the poor relations.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This makes me giggle for some reason.

It's called hysteria.

Breathe into a paper bag, or get someone to slap you. :smiley:
    TBH I don't see a use for more than 2 slots, so I'm cool with 1500.

I can imagine more fashionable individuals being frustrated, though.

Not necessarily.

Fashionable individuals are often very fussy, so may well reject 99% of the offerings.

People who are less fussy, but like change, are out of luck.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 2, 2019 7:20PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Comparing this to Black Desert and other mmos that is still hella cheap. You have one slot for free, the customization possibilities are like half of milky way galaxy. You can dye this for free. This is paradise. This could go south and system could be locked completely behind ESO+ sub but instead they gave this to us for free and this looks pretty good compared to milking schemes of other mmos.

Won't be playing Black Desert, then!

To be honest, it would be better (or less bad) if the outfit system was locked behind the sub or, rather, included in the sub.

Not suggesting that should happen, as it would be better if it was free (or very low cost) for all, but still.

It is not necessary to have it to play and at the moment, we seem to have a system where some players are being double, triple, quadruple (and far more!) dipped on, in order that other players can play for free.

It is one thing making less poor/richer players pay once to get most (if not all) of the available cosmetics/quality of life things thrown in for that payment.

Then having roughly half of that payment subsidise other players, who don't and/or can't pay at all.

OR to make it play for free, for everyone (i.e. no sub), but offering micro (micro being the operative word here!) transactions to tempt less poor/wealthier people to pay a fair price (or slightly over a fair price) for the game, one way or another, via cosmetics.

It is quite another, however, to offer a sub and then to, also, add pretty much everything to the cash shop, at a high price.

Meaning sub players are receiving very little for their money* and are then, also, being milked repeatedly, over and above that and end up paying far too much for the game, for far too long.

People, who log in regularly (even if they never spend a penny over and above the base game), are currently receiving far better cosmetic rewards than subscribers are.

Not that I am complaining about that; but, it happens to be a fact.

* The craft bag is not a true perk, when other games offer big craft bags for free.

Some of them, like GW2, allowing you to list items in unlimited quantities, on a centralised auction house, from anywhere in the world, on a store where nothing ever expires (unless you cancel it).

All for free.

Dyeing is not a great perk, when other games allow you to buy dyes (often for gold) and then dye for free.

Extending the furnishing limit is not a perk, when it is, very often, still too low and is often, roughly, at what should have been be a base level, in the first place.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 3, 2019 4:37AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NVM, please delete.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 3, 2019 4:34AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jaye63 wrote: »
    I dont get it... you ask for fluff, you get fluff, and complain that it costs money. As I said earlier... If it were something you had to have to play the game, I would be on your side faster than a mongoose on a cobra. But it's fluff that doesnt change your ability to do everything in the game that is required to do the best at the game that you can. So your arguments about the cost is, to me, the same as a kid crying that he got dirty after begging to go outside for hours. Why ZOS continues to do things for people that continuously complain about it is beyond me.

People are complaining, here, because they have already paid a sub (sometimes, for years) and know they have, also, already paid too much for other things they have bought, over and above that sub.

It's a cumulative effect.

If this was the only thing they were expected to pay this for, they might complain briefly; but, the outcry wouldn't be as profound, or as long.

Either there should be a sub (possibly, a slightly higher sub than the current one), which covers virtually everything; or there should be lots of micro transactions (and those micro transactions should be, truly, micro).

With the idea that, then, enough people will pay a sub, or buy enough of those micro transactions, to subsidise the game for all.

Instead, we have a system where there is a sub, just to make the game even vaguely playable and then there are multiple macro transactions, on top of that sub, to make the game somewhat fun.

Unless you are a Scrooge type, refuse to pay a penny and take a perverse pleasure in utter frugality and inconvenience, despite being rich, this kind of system will (almost certainly) not be working for you.

People frown on double-dipping - let alone multiple dipping - in games, and that is what this current monetisation system appears to promote.

It's out of balance.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 3, 2019 5:31AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    You get one free slot for EVERY CHARACTER. Why would you want to buy more?

Because some of us want different outfit configurations for RP reasons or even just for the hell of it?

What's it to you? Why are you concerned with what I want? How is it your problem, in fact, why do you feel the need to come in here and try to shut people up?

Because certain people will (presumably) be making a lot of money from this game, indirectly; so, no doubt, believe it is in their interest to try to shut down any criticism of it.

May well backfire, though.

Most people probably prefer honesty from people trying to sell them guides...
  • magikarper
    magikarper
    ✭✭
    Outrageously expensive cosmetic items will remain outrageously expensive so long as the bean counters report that enough players are buying them. Prices will be adjusted up or down to increase sales and hook more buyers.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hell. Still no reaction. This good have no any mention on it in crown store that it's only for one character.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Write in Outfit Slot Upgrate description that it's not account wide. Or make it such please. Stop scam!
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    magikarper wrote: »
    Outrageously expensive cosmetic items will remain outrageously expensive so long as the bean counters report that enough players are buying them. Prices will be adjusted up or down to increase sales and hook more buyers.

That's the thing...the prices have been adjusted. The outfit slots go on sale constantly for 50% off. Pretty sure they were on sale for at least a week on 2 separate occasions just in December alone. At this point, I feel like they know they made a mistake but can't (or won't) admit to it and figure out how to deal with the fallout of existing purchasers if they permanently lowered the price.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not usually get aggressive in my verbal opinions of things, but allow me relax that just ever so slightly, but still keep it civil... To have made the outfit system and have it function the way it did... was very lovely. I enjoy how it works, with my only complaint being that they did not make weapons themselves dye-able in the standard dye screen, and so forced you to make an outfit slot to dye a weapon. What took it too far? I could have forgiven the prices... which on their own would not have been unreasonable, IF the outfit slots were ACCOUNT wide, and not applied to the single character that bought them. Had the outfit slots been account wide, I would not have minded spending in-game gold to change my outfits either, but throwing in the cost of in-game gold on top of the price of a single outfit slot is one insult too far. That, my fellow players, in my sincerest opinion, is even more blatant milking than the crown crates. The very fact that Zenimax has done NOTHING to remedy this, despite the aggressive pushback of all the players voicing their disgust on this thread is, for a lack of a better term, absolute... bs. While I have largely enjoyed eso for the most part, and I can say without a doubt it is the best mmorpg I have ever played, this marketing move left me, a very loyal player, beyond disgusted... for something as small as a little character customization. Clean this act up, Zenimax.
    "Proud purveyor of Cyrodiil Pickles."
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hell. Still no reaction. This good have no any mention on it in crown store that it's only for one character.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Write in Outfit Slot Upgrate description that it's not account wide. Or make it such please. Stop scam!

This

Silence just make you ZOS guilty of cheating people on purpose

Third chapter announcement? Time to change the slots to accountwide ?
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have bought one outfit slot. ONE. And not a single more because I learned they weren't account wide after the purchase. If they were then maybe I would have bought more.

Their price even on sale (750cr) is far too high to buy themm for more characters. Besides it's literally illogical.
    Outfit change at crafting station can be done with a singler click using an addon. And it costs on average less than 4k gold. 4k gold is an equivalent of 10 crowns at this moment. This means that buying an outfit slot is an equivalent of 75 or 150 changes at outfit station... changes between only two outfits. And we all know that no one sticks to only two outfits forever. We change them more or less often.

If the Outfit Slot Upgrade was for an entire account (all chars) then I would gladly buy one or even two more because I have an addon that changes outfits depending on what build I am using.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    magikarper wrote: »

That's the thing...the prices have been adjusted. The outfit slots go on sale constantly for 50% off. Pretty sure they were on sale for at least a week on 2 separate occasions just in December alone. At this point, I feel like they know they made a mistake but can't (or won't) admit to it and figure out how to deal with the fallout of existing purchasers if they permanently lowered the price.

There's an easy way to deal with that.

Look at how many outfit slots existing purchasers made. Refund them all with crowns based on the difference. I don't doubt they have a way to track crown store purchases and can add crowns to someone's account.
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    34 pages and nothing? Speaks volumes.
  • j.greenmanb16_ESO
    j.greenmanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Inoki wrote: »
    34 pages and nothing? Speaks volumes.

And the original post was made almost a year ago.
    "You are brave and you are strong, of this there is no doubt. But without me at your side, your deeds will go unknown, your death unwept and your story unsung - Sings-In-Shade, the Argonian Bard