The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Precursor Maker (achievement guide)

Saturn
Saturn
✭✭✭✭✭
This is a guide for the Precursor Maker collectible achievement in the DLC, Clockwork City. First off, a big thanks to my friend @zeroIndex for helping me locate some of the last few pieces, and spending several hours scouring the Clockwork City for the Integral of Reason with me.

Below are hints for those just needing a little help to complete it on their own, as well as my video guide showing where to find each collectible for those just looking to complete it.

I found the following 2014 thread by @Gillysan to be a great help when searching for potential Dwemer delves out in Tamriel:
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/138596/dwemer-ruins-list-goggle-drive

The Achievement:
kg0o9lug5gf7.png

Hints / General Information about the Achievement:
  • To start the intro quest for the Precursor Maker you have to locate either Assistant Zanon's Workshop or activate the quest via the notice board, north of the bank inside the Brass Fortress.
  • After doing the intro quest to find the Integral of Memory, the Precursor will give you a random clue to locate one of his missing parts. These clues are extremely vague, often just pointing to a specific zone, but can be helpful if you are stuck. The clues for the three Integral collectibles in Clockwork City are a bit more specific, though.
  • Every single collectible piece found in Tamriel is inside a Dwemer delve, found in the main game (i.e. no other DLCs are required], and there can be several per zone, depending on the number of Dwemer delves available.
  • Two of the collectibles require quests to access, those being the Dynamo (Buried Secrets) and the Integral of Reason (Lost in the Gloam).
  • It is possible to collect all the parts before picking up the quest, and does save you a lot of time (if you know where they are) compared to constantly going back and forth to install parts.
  • Compared to previous collectible achievements this one right behind Ancestral Tombs Hunter in terms of difficulty, but still nowhere near as hard as Litany of Blood.

Locations of each Collectible (ordered after the achievement):
  • 1 - Left arm - Yldzuun (Alik'r)
  • 2 - Right arm - Klathzgar (Bangkorai)
  • 3 - Left leg - Avanchnzel (The Rift)
  • 4 - Right leg - Santaki (Alik'r)
  • 5 - Pelvis - Lower Bthanual (Deshaan)
  • 6 - Chestpiece - Aldunz (Alik'r)
  • 7 - Spine - Mzulft (Eastmarch)
  • 8 - Left hand - Inner Sea Armature (Stonefalls)
  • 9 - Right hand - Mzithumz (Deshaan)
  • 10 - Dynamo core - Bthzark (Stros M'kai) - Requires "Buried Secrets" quest, which is acquireable both outside and inside the delve
  • 11 - Integral of calculus - Mechanical Fundament (Clockwork City)
  • 12 - Integral of introspection - Near the Ventral Terminus (Clockwork City)
  • 13 - Integral of reason - Machine District (Clockwork City) - Requires "Lost in the Gloam" quest, which is the 5th main story quest
  • 14 - Nullification staff - Bthanual (Deshaan)

Video Guide:
Reward:
The reward is literally the Precursor as a furnishing target dummy. He has ~300k health and makes a comment whenever you hit him, as well as when he is killed and respawns. As far as I am aware it is possible to obtain the Precursor dummy several times, if you were to do the achievement on multiple characters, so to those players wanting to assemble a robot army, your time is nigh!
dhxgkvncsj3r.jpg
"Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice. Going to book mark this for future use.
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    thank you, since the precursor stopped speaking to me after I gave him his 2nd piece I needed to rely on your guide..
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lientier wrote: »
    thank you, since the precursor stopped speaking to me after I gave him his 2nd piece I needed to rely on your guide..

Wow, that sounds pretty lame :o I somehow still am surprised that ZOS managed to break this quest further than it already was.. imagine that..

Fire and Ice
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah well, when I came with all the pieces except the last (where you needed to go to the machine disctrct) he actually spoke to me again. But well. I think it would have been hours without your guide ;)

With the dark brotherhood me and my husband actualy tried to do it without guides, but then it was extra hard, because everybody was constantly killing the npcs, so they were harder to find. :smile:
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lientier wrote: »
    yeah well, when I came with all the pieces except the last (where you needed to go to the machine disctrct) he actually spoke to me again. But well. I think it would have been hours without your guide ;)

With the dark brotherhood me and my husband actualy tried to do it without guides, but then it was extra hard, because everybody was constantly killing the npcs, so they were harder to find. :smile:

@lientier
    At least this one isn't as bad as Litany was. Moving targets with zone-wide respawn timers.. Whoever thought up that collectible guide was an especially devious individual, though it's still my favourite of them all, despite being super difficult.
    Edited by Saturn on November 22, 2017 10:25PM

Fire and Ice
  • EyelessCZ
    EyelessCZ
    ✭✭
    Great work thank you a lot. This guide saved me week. I truth, I would never start that quest.
    Edited by EyelessCZ on October 30, 2018 8:38PM
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does anyone use the precursor for DPS testing? I used my buddies in our guild house and thought it was a good initial burst damage tester but usually opt for the 6-mill skelly. None the less its still a cool 50-point achievement, thanks OP.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can recharge ultimate on it. ^^ Best start a parse with identical initial conditions if you want to compare some builds and need repeatable results. Smack Precursor some and then do a parse on your 3mil or 6mil.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odovacar wrote: »
    Does anyone use the precursor for DPS testing? I used my buddies in our guild house and thought it was a good initial burst damage tester but usually opt for the 6-mill skelly. None the less its still a cool 50-point achievement, thanks OP.

Sure, because not everything is a Trials Boss.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"