Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does zos read polls asking for more wereforms

Argonianwerecroc212
I mean there is so many polls asking for more wereforms like werelion, werecrocodile, and werebears etc.. but they don't add them or respond to them.
  • Strike_Maximus
    Strike_Maximus
    ✭✭✭
    Just because "there are so many polls asking for them" does not mean ZOS has to make it happen or comment on it.
    They add or fix what they believe would be in the best in the best interest of the game or the fans.
    For example if everyone wanted a playable Dwemer race based on what the forums said it does not mean ZOS has to be like ok let's do it, it's much more complex then that, they have their vision for what's reasonable to have in the game, they can't add every single thing into ESO that may exist within the lore so they compromise and pick the most reasonable things so for example in this case of the "wereforms" they picked werewolf.
    Would kinda be crazy having a bunch of what would essentially the same type of thing available for players to pick especially in a MMO where there are a ton of variables.
    Kinda finding it hard to believe there are so many polls asking for them because I've never seen one.
    Edited by Strike_Maximus on November 20, 2018 4:16AM
    PC/NA/DC

CP 810
    Garin Maximus, Breton, Dragonknight, Confused (Crafter)
    Vertalius Maximus, Imperial, Templar, Tank
    Vistilia Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, Healer
    Stormproof - Rowlan Maximus, Breton, Pet Sorc, DPS (MAIN)
    Theottus Maximus, Imperial, Stam night blade, DPS
    Stedus Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, DPS
    Dexion Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Necromancer, DPS
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to see a weremelon.
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they did different physical forms id be interested, its just werewolves and vampires are so cliche. Same thing with the warden ultimate, why is it in every fantasy MMORPG that the nature based magic character either transforms into a bear or has a bear companion. Its boring and over done, why not a lion ultimate? Or a wolf ultimate, or giant boar, Gorilla, dinosaur, leopard, some kind of mythical creatur, anything for that matter!
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With that logic, they should release all 16 Khajiit forms too. Let me ride into battle as an Alfiq.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • greenmachine
      greenmachine
      ✭✭✭
      weredragon flying mounts that function as global auction houses please
      greenmachine513 PS4-NA
      GM of Aldmeri People's Front
      Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
      Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
      HEY HEY HEY SMOKE SKOOMA EVERYDAY
      JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
      https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA
    • VaranisArano
      VaranisArano
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

e9f1e1645890697a9c1093eccae1bf6f.jpg
    • ScardyFox
      ScardyFox
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      They add or fix what they believe would be in the best in the best interest of the game or the fans.

Don't hold your breath OP, bare minimum is what they do best... and even that they manage to inundate with bugs or horrible low res.

Edited by ScardyFox on November 20, 2018 2:32PM
    • Reverb
      Reverb
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I literally lol'd

But I don't think you went far enough. It also needs to provide instant dps dungeon queue pops, while permabanning fake tanks, rain down limited time event items like candy yet still have them retain high market value, while s****ng vma and perfect Black rose weapons, and sneezing Transmute crystals. Only with such a wondrous mount will forumgoers be happy.
      Edited by Reverb on November 20, 2018 2:38PM
      Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    • Chaos2088
      Chaos2088
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      It would be epic.....EPIC if they added more forms into the game.

But how would you do it?

The more immersive would be to create different skill lines.....but the headache of balance, where that attention is needed on already existing skills would be a problem I think..

Or you could have it as a skin, where all the animations and sounds are adapted to the new form...Werelion, Werebat...etc. But then would that be a crown only thing?

Its not impossible but a difficult one to implement straight away. Zos probly has the next few years of content planned out and this might be already on the list or on the back burner...

I do think it will come at some point...just a case of when.

giphy.gif
      Edited by Chaos2088 on November 20, 2018 2:40PM
      @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
    • Luthid
      Luthid
      ✭✭✭
      Reverb wrote: »

I literally lol'd

But I don't think you went far enough. It also needs to provide instant dps dungeon queue pops, while permabanning fake tanks, rain down limited time event items like candy yet still have them retain high market value, while s****ng vma and perfect Black rose weapons, and sneezing Transmute crystals. Only with such a wondrous mount will forumgoers be happy.

My flying weremount will be a “subscriber since beta only” perk, and will permanently mark people who kill me in pvp with an “Exploiter” title. Everyone I kill will get a “Scrub” title.

Its name will be “Cliche AF”
    • Swomp23
      Swomp23
      ✭✭✭✭
      I want my manbearpig
      XBox One - NA
    • greenmachine
      greenmachine
      ✭✭✭
      Reverb wrote: »

I literally lol'd

@Reverb Let's just start our own MMO since we have all the good ideas
      greenmachine513 PS4-NA
      GM of Aldmeri People's Front
      Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
      Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
      HEY HEY HEY SMOKE SKOOMA EVERYDAY
      JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
      https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA
    • DMuehlhausen
      DMuehlhausen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      The Community Managers like Gina do, the Devs never touch the forums, at least not in an official capacity
    • Calrid
      Calrid
      ✭✭✭
      I mean there is so many polls asking for more wereforms like werelion, werecrocodile, and werebears etc.. but they don't add them or respond to them.

If Zenimax or for that matter, related comments, didn't read player comments do you think that it woyuld still be in business? As Ford said produce the best content for the lowest price I am paraphrasing
      WTS a rare racial motif for a price that reflects it's value, you're probably the only one without an obsession for useless cosmetic crap. Who needs style anyway when you already have it?
    • Calrid
      Calrid
      ✭✭✭
      The Community Managers like Gina do, the Devs never touch the forums, at least not in an official capacity

Not strictly true the Devs have to play the content, by default, otherwise it would just be an error fest in code form/

WTS a rare racial motif for a price that reflects it's value, you're probably the only one without an obsession for useless cosmetic crap. Who needs style anyway when you already have it?
    • ESO_Nightingale
      ESO_Nightingale
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      I think the real question here is: does zos read anything?
      PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
    • idk
      idk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Zos reads the forums but they put forum polls in here for entertainment value. They realize they offer not statistical meaning.

Beyond that, Zos does not accept all ideas and there is no real benefit for adding different appearances. Clearly they are not going to design another were line because that would be more trouble that any benefit they could gain.

Zos would likely not even sell a skin to change ones WW appearance as that would require more complicated coding than the skin could return in sales.
    • SomeDogsAreCops
      SomeDogsAreCops
      ✭✭✭
      Devs aren't furries, sorry.
      Ebonheart Pact 4L
      Skyrim Belongs To the Nords
      810 CP
      Main: Storm Dancer [Stamsorc]
      I also play
      Healplar
      Tankden
      MagKnight Heal/DPS Hybird
    • mairwen85
      mairwen85
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Thread should have been a poll.
    • Tandor
      Tandor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I don't recall seeing "so many polls" on this subject, but if there have been some they were probably rendered useless to the developers and players alike as 99% of polls on this forum are by the overtly biased setting of the options designed to support the poll creator's own opinion.
    • Slimebrow
      Slimebrow
      ✭✭✭
      Polls help you level up quicker in the forums. Welcome to the endgame. ;o
      Edited by Slimebrow on February 6, 2020 8:59AM
    • FierceSam
      FierceSam
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Forums are barely representative of the playerbase. A self-selected tiny minority. Polls that rarely achieve 1,000 votes are statistically insignificant and barely worth bothering about.

They’re still fun and all that, but nothing more than that.
    • Raisin
      Raisin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Flubbles wrote: »
      Polls help you level up quicker in the forums. Welcome to the endgame. ;o

How many points do we get for necroing 1year+ old threads to make offtopic comments? :D
    • xxthir13enxx
      xxthir13enxx
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      FunFact: I read that as a WereMerlion
      source.gif
      Now I want one...lol
    • Finedaible
      Finedaible
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I think it's a missed opportunity since beta tbh. I did want race-based were transformations back then, something like Were-lion for Khajiit, Were-crocodile for Argonian, Were-bear for Nord, Werewolf for Breton/Imperial maybe, Were-boar for Orc, etc. Only problem is that there's not enough variants to match each of the playable races, and the were-vultures would be hard to implement. The game technically has Were-bats but they are all enemy NPCs.
    • SosRuvaak
      SosRuvaak
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      from the ww feedback thread:
      SosRuvaak wrote: »
      the devs dont care, thats a fact.

Its better to be persistent on feedback than to just accept the trash situation that is current ww.
      the community has left soo much evidence for other players to decide not to be werewolf, or otherwise.
      the players care about the game more than the devs, the only reason to post in these feedback threads is for other players to see.

the devs dont care.

bro the devs dont care about ww
      theyre vision is set on other stuff.
      For the Pact!
      ~Sump Scales~
      Lusty Argonian Nightblade
      ~Baron Humbert von Gikkingen~
      Smokes-His-Greens
      ~Ruvaak~
    • p00tx
      p00tx
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      With that logic, they should release all 16 Khajiit forms too. Let me ride into battle as an Alfiq.

Ummm...yes please!
      PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
    • Tommy_The_Gun
      Tommy_The_Gun
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I have a strong suspicion that they don't even read this thread:
      https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/416461/class-rep-werewolf-feedback-thread

If they were indeed reading that and collecting feedback, WW would not be garbage, like it is now....
    • ArenGesus
      ArenGesus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Calrid wrote: »

Not strictly true the Devs have to play the content, by default, otherwise it would just be an error fest in code form/

Super confused by this comment.
    • Katahdin
      Katahdin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Just because it's asked for, does not mean the devs should do it.

Is there any precedent in the lore for other wereforms? Werecrocodile and some of the others seem kinda stupid
      Edited by Katahdin on February 6, 2020 6:50PM
      Beta tester November 2013