The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

spell penetration

Heimdarm
Heimdarm
✭✭✭
hi all!

i am a magblade in the game. i play a few BGs but mosly in CP cyrodiil and imp city. in cp campaign i have 13200 spell penetration with spinner set. in bg I have 8200 only with spinner set.

what do you think should i change the spinner set to any other dps set and if yes what?

atm I am using torug pact and ilambris with flame staff with shock enchant + spinner. 5l+2h

in imperial city it is very very good, my only problem are dk tanks and some others who use very big self heal with troll king, but i can kill majority of the ppl

i fear that if i change the spinner set to something else, i will loose much more in BG-s than i win, and i cant use sharpened weapon cause i use infused with torug. if i change the spinner in BGs i would have only 4800 spell penetration. can it be enough?
Edited by Heimdarm on November 19, 2018 8:36PM
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out other magblade threads in the forum. Most players have recommended lover (penetration) mundus.

I recommend using spinner with lover mundus for bg’s, either use jewelry for damage or damage & sustain.

Example1 jewelry: (pair this with any defense or sustain set)
    Neck: infused reduce cost
    Ring1: infused recovery
    Ring2: infused spell damage

Example2 jewelry: (pair this w/seducer or amberplasm)
    Neck: infused spell damage
    Ring1: infused spell damage
    Ring2: infused spell damage
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Hochstapler
    Hochstapler
    ✭✭✭
    Spinner + Murkmire's Bright-Throat’s Boast is the magicka version of Spriggan + Bone pirate, which has been and still is a standard for Stamblades in noCP because you are missing on a lot of sustain and pen there.
    I can make do without BP if I go for bursty assasin in&out type of gameplay but I wouldn't enter a BG without my trusted full gold Sprigan set.

I don't PVP with my Magblade but if I ever decide to do it, I'm guessing Spinner/BTB would be a good starting point.
    I wouldnt feel comfortable with less then 8k pen + 5k debuff in BGs, it's the bare minimum especially in non deathmatch BGs where people build very tanky.
    Edited by Hochstapler on November 20, 2018 3:33AM
    I care about your gaming "problems" and teenage anxieties, just not today.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Force Pulse adds an additional 10% penetration.
    Elemental Drain for 5280.
    Light Armor for 4884.

And now you can use Torugs with something else. Caluurions works extremely well.