Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Probably an un-popular opinion regarding AvA sets

MaxwellC
MaxwellC
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Stamina build focused (non meta)
Can we all agree that AvA sets that feature light attacks to do X should simply just be removed.

I do not understand how someone thinks spamming a light attack in PvP is somehow the best thing ever unless you consider kissing the ground the best thing... well have at it.
PvP sets in my opinion should either give something flat out, proc from melee damage, proc from magic damage, proc from receiving damage, proc from healing, proc from blocking, and proc from dodging.
Spamming a light attack as the only way for the set to function doesn't make sense to me nor would spamming a combination of light attacks and heavy attacks (that would be more preferable instead of light attacks only).

PvE those kind of sets are fine even though one set comes to mind that wouldn't be fine i.e essence thief.

Edit: This thread is in the context of playing a Stam DK running 2h/bow or 2h/shield; this setup is already not considered meta (was back when wrecking blow had its knock-back + 20% empower buff). Spamming a LA in those setups again would get you nowhere other than losing a battle against someone who is playing meta i.e DW/X as they weave bleeds in-between LAs. I believe those sets should feature at the very least an option for Heavy attacks to play a role instead of just light attacks.
Edited by MaxwellC on November 22, 2018 2:55PM
不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
Coined by Maxwel
l
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would take a set that deals damage to keep walls after you light attack them enough for all the people who run around instead of setting down siege.

(And Essence Thief is screwed up in its own special way. I want to like that set, but no, just no.)
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just feel melee sets primarily that have this light attack requirement for a chance to gain said set effect is pretty inconsistent and useless in PvP as you need to engage your target and fight them using an LA which for the most part gimps you even trying to kill them.
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait, what? I have no problem weaving light attacks and Surprise Attacks in PvP.
  • NirnStorm
    NirnStorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxwellC wrote: »
    Can we all agree that AvA sets that feature light attacks to do X should simply just be removed.

I do not understand how someone thinks spamming a light attack in PvP is somehow the best thing ever unless you consider kissing the ground the best thing... well have at it.
    PvP sets in my opinion should either give something flat out, proc from melee damage, proc from magic damage, proc from receiving damage, proc from healing, proc from blocking, and proc from dodging.
    Spamming a light attack as the only way for the set to function doesn't make sense to me nor would spamming a combination of light attacks and heavy attacks (that would be more preferable instead of light attacks only).

PvE those kind of sets are fine even though one set comes to mind that wouldn't be fine i.e essence thief.

The amount of times you used the word proc in your post makes me feel sick.
    Now I know you likely meant stat proc and not necessarily damage proc, but still ;)

Either way, I agree with the concept. While you CAN and SHOULD weave LA in PvP, it is not the main aspect for most setups and if you want to encourage people to advance in PvP they should be rewarded for skillful play not LA spam.

Still, I think the current iteration of rftw sets is much better than the one we had before it.
    Characters: (PC NA)
    Ruerock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Ruepork the Magsorc | Magsorc __________________ Nirnshade | Magblade
    Pay To Warden | Magden _________________________ Moar Siege | Stamsorc
    Necrotic Orb | Magcro ____________________________ Bluerock | mDK
    Thelol Kadjit | Magplar ___________________________ Chalman Keep | Stamden
    Characters: (PC EU)
    Reurock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Refrigerator Boy | Magden _______________________ One Button AoE Stun| Magsorc
    Why So Spearious | Stamplar _____________________ Ree ee ee ee | StamDK
    Faction Locked | Magblade _______________________ Bae Blade| Stamblade
    You Shalk Not Pass | Stamden ____________________ Frag N Cheese | Magsorc

🔥 Nirnstorm.com - Top Tier PvP Builds & Guides 🔥

ESO Stream Team Member
    Twitch
    : Twitch.tv/Nirnstorm
    YouTube: YouTube.com/Nirnstorm
    Community Discord: https://discord.gg/APy9KK3

PvP Guild - Flame - [ Videos ]

Faction Lock contradicts the One-Tamriel concept.
    Please do NOT keep it in the game.
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just feel melee sets primarily that have this light attack requirement for a chance to gain said set effect is pretty inconsistent and useless in PvP as you need to engage your target and fight them using an LA which for the most part gimps you even trying to kill them.

Why would you not want to light attack? It's free damage.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Weaving LA attacks in PvP doesn't work at-least for me as a Stam DK; If anything these sets should utilize both LA/HA as a requirement if not melee damage, physical damage, poison damage, etc.

I'm not LA focused in PvP because I run 2h/bow and even when I utilize 2h/shield why would I continually LA or try to LA just for my set to work less than 1/10th of a time? In PvP scenarios you do not (at-least as a Stam DK) have the luxury to continually spam LAs just for the set to go off.

The times I LA is usually to LA into poison injection, venom claw, and sometimes draining shot. The times I would continually try that is significantly less now if I were to play a meta setup where I go DW/bow or shield then that would be a different case.
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @NirnStorm
    Lol thanks but glad that wasn't the main point of your comment as your comment pretty much encompasses what I believe i.e spamming LA in PvP being a main focus for other builds. The sets are being skewed into this form of gameplay which many work for some e.g Nightblades and warden but as a DK that doesn't really work too well IMO.

People run different kinds of builds that do not focus on LA and this all started when we somehow went backwards suggesting that LAs should somehow deal more damage while HAs should be more resource generation focused (most likely based off of CP instead of watching data).
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So because you choose to play a class and spec that doesn't utilize light attacks in its damage rotation, you feel its warranted to make no one be able to use light attacks.

ok.

I'm sure that a lot of players would not want you to have battle spirit or helping hands or wings or vol armor, they aren't telling ZOS to take that away from you.

It doesn't take any more or less skill to add light attacks to any build, if you want to use the sets that are designed in this fashion, then you figure out what compromises to make in your build and play style to accomplish this. Removing other peoples options because you don't want them to have it is quite silly.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • NirnStorm
    NirnStorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sets are being skewed into this form of gameplay which many work for some e.g Nightblades and warden but as a DK that doesn't really work too well IMO.

Eh, I don't know if I agree with that part. I main mdk and use a destro staff, with which I weave LAs non stop all the time. If I don't weave them between damage skills, I am missing out on so much damage and might as well use DW on mag.
    This should apply to any ranged setup and most melee ones too although it wouldn't be as consistent (plus dw 2h builds tend to weave heavy attack rather than light a lot more often).

yodased wrote: »
    I'm sure that a lot of players would not want you to have battle spirit

Battle spirit is the thing that gives you 5k max health and cuts all damage and heals by half in PvP. Pretty sure you mean battle roar.
    Edited by NirnStorm on November 22, 2018 12:15PM
    Characters: (PC NA)
    Ruerock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Ruepork the Magsorc | Magsorc __________________ Nirnshade | Magblade
    Pay To Warden | Magden _________________________ Moar Siege | Stamsorc
    Necrotic Orb | Magcro ____________________________ Bluerock | mDK
    Thelol Kadjit | Magplar ___________________________ Chalman Keep | Stamden
    Characters: (PC EU)
    Reurock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Refrigerator Boy | Magden _______________________ One Button AoE Stun| Magsorc
    Why So Spearious | Stamplar _____________________ Ree ee ee ee | StamDK
    Faction Locked | Magblade _______________________ Bae Blade| Stamblade
    You Shalk Not Pass | Stamden ____________________ Frag N Cheese | Magsorc

🔥 Nirnstorm.com - Top Tier PvP Builds & Guides 🔥

ESO Stream Team Member
    Twitch
    : Twitch.tv/Nirnstorm
    YouTube: YouTube.com/Nirnstorm
    Community Discord: https://discord.gg/APy9KK3

PvP Guild - Flame - [ Videos ]

Faction Lock contradicts the One-Tamriel concept.
    Please do NOT keep it in the game.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @NirnStorm I meant from a melee standpoint using 2h/bow

@yodased that’s a somewhat fair assessment but as I later stated I feel that these sets at the very least should feature both LA/HA instead of one that typically benefits certain play styles.

The sets are all LA based and rarely have I ever seen them based on both to encompass all forms of PvP styles.
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    glavius wrote: »

Why would you not want to light attack? It's free damage.

Yeah I don't understand any of these posts. The only time I don't at least TRY to weave light attacks is when I'm spamming shields or heals or Streak! How else are you going to keep the ultimate trickling in?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Emma_Overload
    Yeah again this is from the context of a Stam DK running 2h/bow and to equate me not Light attacking consistently to get a set to work to ultimate generation isn't well equal lol.

Anyone who plays from long/mid range will be consistent in light attacking and anyone who is close to mid range will only be consistent if they're utilizing a specific setup i.e DW/Bow but more so DW. As someone who uses 2h/bow I don't run around spamming LAs in-between my close range skills but primarily focus on HAs to skill usage.

Someone pointed out me wanting to remove the sets as unfair and that's obviously a fair assessment because we all have different play-styles but to pigeon-hole sets to feed one specific play-style and not the other is why I made this thread. At the very least those sets should feature both Light attacks and Heavy attacks as they transcend multiple play-styles and aren't gimped to be more useful in one.
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m a stamplar.. my main dps is a channel, I weave light attack’s like it’s my job.

What set are you referring to that caters more to light attack’s?
    Edited by caeliusstarbreaker on November 23, 2018 1:08PM
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I weave light attack dw/2h on my Stam sorc and 2h/bow on my Stam blade. Your especially want to weave light attacks on bow because of the damage passive and I couldn't imagine not weaving with a 2h, that would be so much damage lost not doing it. Same goes for dw and sword and board.

I'm way out of practice with Magicka but especially mag blades mess me up with light attack weaving.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would take a set that deals damage to keep walls after you light attack them enough for all the people who run around instead of setting down siege.

I'd slot it, depending on the four piece.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile