Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Combat Pet Names

esp1992
esp1992
✭✭✭
When playing as a Sorcerer (via Familiar and Winged Twilight) or a Warden (via Bear or Netch), do you ever name your Summoned Pets?

I named my Silver Bear Ruzka and my Blue Netch Lulu.
MY CHARACTERS

Clouse the White Warden - Breton AD MAG Warden
Jaro the Wild Changeling - Bosmer AD STAM Warden
  • esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone?
    MY CHARACTERS

• Guffi75
    Guffi75
    esp1992 wrote: »
    When playing as a Sorcerer (via Familiar and Winged Twilight) or a Warden (via Bear or Netch), do you ever name your Summoned Pets?

It definitely helps immersion, I think. I have named all my mounts and pets, but I actually didn't think of doing the same for the familiars until I saw your post! It's an excellent idea, good sir! :)
  • Kierro
    Kierro
    ✭✭✭
    I name my pets but not my summons, because they're daedra and if you didn't force them out of Oblivion, they'd kill you. I have a netch calf follow me, who I've named Floats-On-Wind. I had a lizard named Bathes-in-Mud. A guar calf Masu, I think it means Big Mouth in Argonian. I have more pets, but Floats is my main. I made it that it became attached to my Argonian, after its mother was killed. So, my Argonian is an adopted father of a netch calf.
  • esp1992
    esp1992
    ✭✭✭
    Kierro wrote: »
    I name my pets but not my summons, because they're daedra and if you didn't force them out of Oblivion, they'd kill you. I have a netch calf follow me, who I've named Floats-On-Wind. I had a lizard named Bathes-in-Mud. A guar calf Masu, I think it means Big Mouth in Argonian. I have more pets, but Floats is my main. I made it that it became attached to my Argonian, after its mother was killed. So, my Argonian is an adopted father of a netch calf.

I named my white cat Pangur-Ban.
    MY CHARACTERS

• Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Breton Sorcerer named her pets Tali and Garrus. My Breton's name is Jane Shepard. She's also a bit mad. Doesn't understand that magic exists, that her pets aren't actually responding when she talks to them, thinks she's a "spectre" (whatever that is), that sort of thing.
    Edited by Marginis on May 4, 2018 7:50PM
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    When in doubt I go with Frank...
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    esp1992 wrote: »

Tamantha the Twilight, Silkscale the Clannfear, and probably... Fiercebuttons the scamp! :D
    (I don't know 'bout that last one..
    my main sorc chose these names, but she uses the Clannfear.)

EDIT: My 2nd Sorceress (Magsorc) calls her Twilight Ty (or Twy, said 'tw-eye') and her Scamp.. I guess she calls him Mafaerious. Kinda like 'nefarious', cause he's a lil mischievous.
    Edited by kadochka on December 1, 2018 10:34PM
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Mason_King
    Mason_King
    ✭✭✭
    My Bear Guardian's name is Teddy.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bear is called Rufus its a shame we cant name them so other players can see :(
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you were to ask my orc how her pets are named, she'd turn to one of her two badgers and say :
    "This is badger.''
    Ok, you'd say tentatively, but what about the other?
    "He's badger in an angrier tone of voice, because he doesnt listen.''
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »
    If you were to ask my orc how her pets are named, she'd turn to one of her two badgers and say :
    "This is badger.''
    Ok, you'd say tentatively, but what about the other?
    "He's badger in an angrier tone of voice, because he doesnt listen.''

Heheh, which one is which?
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Sylianwe
    Sylianwe
    ✭✭✭
    How do you name your pets? I didn't even know you could.
    Edited by Sylianwe on January 10, 2021 11:17PM
    The mind is a walled garden, even death can not touch the flowers blooming there 🌹
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malfoy wrote: »
    How do you name your pets? I didn't even know you could :o

You can name the pets and mount in your Collections; you can't officially name the summoned pets..

I named my warden's bear Darrius, though... Darrius the bearius.

• Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My nords pocket mamoth is named "lunchpack" ... seemed a fitting name... ;)
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A friend of mine with the winged twilight and scamp pets calls them, respectively, Wings and Stupid.
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Poor thing normally gets called "Stupid Bear", because he doesn't do very much, is always dying and his main reason for existing seems to be to block me from looting/stealing things.

Not his fault, just the way the game is designed. :/

I would like the option to have different Warden pets (or skins for them) and to name them all.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pet skins would be so nice right? it would add so much more play ability to the game. i really hope to see something like this one day, even if it was just more different colours of the same skin.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My character's name is Buffy. Her clannfear is Spike and her matriarch is Drusilla. Just seemed fitting.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a pet fan, but my sorcerer wears Mad Tinkerer and we've affectionately named the automaton "Brassy."
  • Elissn
    Elissn
    ✭✭✭
    I try to include the pets in my characters' backstories and so far I have two characters figured out.

Elriah, Bosmer Sorceress (my main), hates Daedra with a burning passion. She summons them as slaves, watches them die in battle so she can summon the next one. She quite enjoyes making them kill or be killed by their own kind. So Elriah couldn't care less about namimg them.
    As a sort-of member of the Psijic order she can create a horse-like image as a mount but it's pure magic and not an actual animal so it has no name either.
    During her time in the Clockwork City she studied with the Clockwork Apostles for a time. They had a number of contructs used for various practicing purposes. One of those was a ralatively small Firepot Spider Elriah worked with a lot. When the time had come for her to return to Tamriel she took the Spider with her. It was not suited to help out in battle but it reminded her of wonderful and interesting times and the friends she made. Due to it's rather chaotic personality Elriah named it Fizzle.

I'll put my Khajiit alt as a spoiler since she has no combat pets.
    Paneera, Khajiit Templar, always travels in the company of two family members. The first is her elder sister Rhaleen, who was, well, an accident born during the wrong phase of the moons. Rhaleen is a strong but relatively gentle Senche, sharing the same clouded fur pattern as her sister. As she grew up at Paneera's side they have found their own way of comunication. Apperently Rhaleen got pregnant and gave birth to J'Zirha. but her parents couldn't raise and feed a new cub, as they were rather poor. At the same time they realised that there were people who might pay a noteworthy sum for a Senche with such a rare looking fur... Eventually Paneera overheard her parents' plans to sell her sister and she ran from home that very night, taking the Senches with her. Ever since Rhaleen carries her on her back wherever their path may lead. And Paneera cares for the cub as if it was her own which is no easy task since J'Zirha loves exploring and tends to sneak away and get lost.

And I really write too much. Ahem.
  • Cardthief
    Cardthief
    ✭✭✭
    My Sorc Scamp is called Scrappy, and he is one crazy Daedra. He is my main char's best friend, he is one of the MCs in videos I make, and he even has a cousin, simply called "Scrappy's Cousin".
    (MC) Main DPS: Redz Kuinn - Lvl 50 - MagSorc - PvE
    Main Healer: Soranna Anilu - Lvl 50 - Templar - PvE
    Main Tank: Seamus Kuinn - Lvl 50 - Dragonknight - PvE