Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stealing scrolls with "spy"characters

• killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see the debate rage on whether running a scroll to an opposing faction is breaking TOS, how about exploiting in order to gain control of the scroll like what went on allllll day on PS4 NA vivec today...
    https://youtu.be/0xCdGndd498

thats pretty ***, what they do in the link and I hope they earn a permaban, BUT most likely YOU will end up with a warning for naming and shaming. Btw, why do they do it? They have more than enough ap to buy anything they want, they have probably been crowned several times, but still they insiste on trolling like that. They should be buzy fighting other at same level, or testing their skills oputnumbered. I dont know, but in EU at a certain stage the best players evolve to smallscaling or roaming in small groups without any interest at all in scroll, these must have been a mutant generation, since they seem to have degenerated instead. Are they any good? Or only farmers? Just have to ask :P
  • allstarplayergk
    allstarplayergk
    ✭✭✭
    @idk watch the video I posted above, Scrolls are locked once you place them, but these guys are switching alliances and letting people ambush all the way into the keeps take the scroll(they die immediately to him/the guards) and he picks it up and runs in on his red, back to the blue gate(of which he is the current #1/emperor)
  • allstarplayergk
    allstarplayergk
    ✭✭✭
    @MetalHead4x4 this video was made specifically to shut up the people that will scream till they are blue in the face there is no advantage or way to cheat using cross alliance play
  • MetalHead4x4
    MetalHead4x4
    ✭✭✭
    @MetalHead4x4 this video was made specifically to shut up the people that will scream till they are blue in the face there is no advantage or way to cheat using cross alliance play

I totally agree with it.
    PC/NA Daevyen the Warlock (Sorc)
  • allstarplayergk
    allstarplayergk
    ✭✭✭
    @MetalHead4x4 cheers, use the video, spread, report players taking your own video, since I’ve posted this video I’ve heard cosmic and these guys have been boosting emps in sotha for a while like this, and Xbox and pc players reporting similar issues. Somethings gotta be done.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If the thought is faction lock would fix this, that is rather bogus.

The reality, the fact, is that many of us have second and sometimes third and fourth accounts that can be used to do the same thing. It is a very low bar cash wise to but an alt account and do this.

It happened the first week this game was live that one character helped an enemy character steal a scroll from behind closed gates. Zos did take measures to prevent that from happening again and it seems to have worked since it has not been repeated since.

BTW, we had faction locks back then. So they clearly do not prevent this sort of behavior.
  • allstarplayergk
    allstarplayergk
    ✭✭✭
    @idk I think you’re giving people too much credit lol. I mean I do completely agree, faction lock is not a cure all. But a lock or atleast a large cool down would be another hurdle to clear to accomplish it. If people have to work to troll and be toxic, the simple fact of how lazy most people are is a pretty large deterrent. And while I’m not sure if faction lock may increase pvp participation, it certainly wouldn’t hurt like some claim, back when it was locked there was activity on every server, most hours, since they opened it up the 30 day is the only marginally healthy campaign
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk I think you’re giving people too much credit lol. I mean I do completely agree, faction lock is not a cure all. But a lock or atleast a large cool down would be another hurdle to clear to accomplish it. If people have to work to troll and be toxic, the simple fact of how lazy most people are is a pretty large deterrent. And while I’m not sure if faction lock may increase pvp participation, it certainly wouldn’t hurt like some claim, back when it was locked there was activity on every server, most hours, since they opened it up the 30 day is the only marginally healthy campaign

LOL. I am not giving anyone any credit. I just know how the game is played by some. Of course we can all put our heads in the sand and guess and hope faction lock will do something to bring back more players to PvP even though there is not logic to that thought. But cross our fingers and pray.

Faction lock was a pointless idea before the game launched it is pointless to want to go back. It is a pipe dream to think that faction lock would bring players back to the game, back to Cyrodiil. Things should not be changed based on pipe dreams.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    After 2 days of really hard fighting (3 bars DC vs poplocked AD) and with DC leading by a small margin, some AD people login with some DC characters, pickup an AD scroll currently owned by DC.

In all this time I had never tried to pick up a scroll my alliance had placed.

Being that I have never seen someone move a scroll from one keep to another for friendly reasons Zos could lock the scroll in place until an enemy faction member picks it up or the keep changes hands.

That's how it works now. You can't pick up a scroll your faction already owns just to move it around.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS had not made scrolls worth 10 points - which is ridiculous for a plethora of reasons - people wouldn’t bother with such shenanigans.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    After 2 days of really hard fighting (3 bars DC vs poplocked AD) and with DC leading by a small margin, some AD people login with some DC characters, pickup an AD scroll currently owned by DC.

Being that I have never seen someone move a scroll from one keep to another for friendly reasons Zos could lock the scroll in place until an enemy faction member picks it up or the keep changes hands.

That's how it works now. You can't pick up a scroll your faction already owns just to move it around.

Then I either misunderstand what OP is trying to say or there is not an issue.

To me it seems OP is saying AD players logged in with DC characters and just went in and took back the AD scrolls DC legitimately had. So if we cannot pick up scrolls our fraction has already placed in keeps our faction owns then this could not happen as OP stated.

From the OP:
    some AD people login with some DC characters, pickup an AD scroll currently owned by DC and walks it over all the way to AD territory.

It would seem that if it could happen the way I seem to take it OP says it happens then we would see this all the time. Even the most active campaigns see very low populations at times.
    Edited by idk on October 18, 2018 4:32PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

To me it seems OP is saying AD players logged in with DC characters and just went in and took back the AD scrolls DC legitimately had. So if we cannot pick up scrolls our fraction has already placed in keeps our faction owns then this could not happen as OP stated.

From the OP:
    some AD people login with some DC characters, pickup an AD scroll currently owned by DC and walks it over all the way to AD territory.

It would seem that if it could happen the way I seem to take it OP says it happens then we would see this all the time. Even the most active campaigns see very low populations at times.

If DC owns an AD scroll, DC can't pick it up again after it's lodged into a DC keep on the scroll pedestal. What these guys are doing is then logging into *another* faction, gap closing through doors to a complicit DC toon and picking up the scrolls on the other faction.

There's not really a scroll mechanic to be fixed. Gap closing through doors has been a thing forever and I'm not sure it's really fixable. However, the perpetrators are deliberately doing something ZOS has gone on record as saying is a bannable offence, which is getting into a keep without taking down a door or wall... so hopefully customer service will take care of it.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From the OP:

If DC owns an AD scroll, DC can't pick it up again after it's lodged into a DC keep on the scroll pedestal. What these guys are doing is then logging into *another* faction, gap closing through doors to a complicit DC toon and picking up the scrolls on the other faction.

There's not really a scroll mechanic to be fixed. Gap closing through doors has been a thing forever and I'm not sure it's really fixable. However, the perpetrators are deliberately doing something ZOS has gone on record as saying is a bannable offence, which is getting into a keep without taking down a door or wall... so hopefully customer service will take care of it.

Then the issue that needs to be resolved is the gap closing issue. It is not complicated to do either and it is better to solve the actual problem than put a band aid on it.

I had thought they corrected that awhile ago since I had not seen anyone gap close onto the top of Bleakers and such.
    Edited by idk on October 19, 2018 3:31AM
  • allstarplayergk
    allstarplayergk
    ✭✭✭
    @idk I agree completely. A lot of the cancer in pvp that comes from exploitation could probably be solved through some better coding/mechanic rework. You can no longer get on top of a keep wall with gap close, but the door thing never went away. I did it by accident once running at a group with my destro ulti trying to escape into a keep, ambushed through the door and killed most of the group. I woke up to a 24 hour ban. The people in the video I’ve been posting, and doing it in every campaign. They killed pvp, everyone’s gone. Since they did this in vivec I haven’t seen any alliance with more than 2 bars. EP had a 5k lead and all the guilds just walked out. It’s an AD 1 bar farming server now after being mostly pop capped at all normal hours excluding late night/early am. I don’t get how these guys haven’t caught bans yet.
  • allstarplayergk
    allstarplayergk
    ✭✭✭
    @killimandrosb16_ESO sorry mate didn’t see your comment. Same here on console, the “elite” players that eventually develop the “objective is for[snip])” attitude usually group up in small ball groups and try to become as distruprive as possible to the map(but not exploititivley) they just try to disrupt anyone trying to take a keep or scroll or just farm a resource outside of a big keep fight. These guys in the video are not that. CEN is not thumbless, but average at best. The other 2 cozmic and grim are really bad players. 2 1vX nightblades, and I was on my bomber which should be useless against two “good” players and everytime they baited me upstairs I roasted both of them. They had to jump around to scroll keeps until they juked me and got somewhere I wasn’t.
    [edited for inappropriate content]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on October 19, 2018 8:19PM
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to upload the screen shot I took of AD taking bleakers on vivec PC NA from Tuesday or Wednesday can’t remember. Anyways, you see a lot of AD standing on Flags and Some DC standing off to the side. Safe and Sound. The blatancy of this toxic play style is seriously ruining pvp.
  • Ormtunge
    Ormtunge
    ✭✭✭

LOL. I am not giving anyone any credit. I just know how the game is played by some. Of course we can all put our heads in the sand and guess and hope faction lock will do something to bring back more players to PvP even though there is not logic to that thought. But cross our fingers and pray.

Faction lock was a pointless idea before the game launched it is pointless to want to go back. It is a pipe dream to think that faction lock would bring players back to the game, back to Cyrodiil. Things should not be changed based on pipe dreams.

Well that is an outright lie as u well know. Many people like myself have said that they actually will come back to ESO, if we finally get some kind of faction lock again. I and many others have written this on the forums several times already, and u have answered like u did not know any who felt like this every time. This is just getting rediculus.

The reality, the fact, is that many of us have second and sometimes third and fourth accounts that can be used to do the same thing. It is a very low bar cash wise to but an alt account and do this.

It happened the first week this game was live that one character helped an enemy character steal a scroll from behind closed gates. Zos did take measures to prevent that from happening again and it seems to have worked since it has not been repeated since.

BTW, we had faction locks back then. So they clearly do not prevent this sort of behavior.

This is the same thing!! Playes with chars on different alliances have stolen scrolls litterally hundrends of times since ZOS disbanded the faction lock, and most players DO NOT have 3-4 accounts, only ONE. I do not know why u say these things or even if u belive them urself or am just trolling.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ormtunge wrote: »

Well that is an outright lie as u well know. Many people like myself have said that they actually will come back to ESO, if we finally get some kind of faction lock again. I and many others have written this on the forums several times already, and u have answered like u did not know any who felt like this every time. This is just getting rediculus.

This is the same thing!! Playes with chars on different alliances have stolen scrolls litterally hundrends of times since ZOS disbanded the faction lock, and most players DO NOT have 3-4 accounts, only ONE. I do not know why u say these things or even if u belive them urself or am just trolling.

First you call me out for lying by offer only your opinion and the opinion of some others to back it up. If you are going to claim someone is lying, call them a lier, I suggest you offer substantial proof. Warm fuzzy feelings is not proof.

As for the rest. I would rather Zos fix the issue rather than put a band aid on the problem that cannot even stop the bleeding. It is a fallacy to think faction lock would stop scroll stealing since having an alt account is not against the ToS and many active players have alt accounts.

In other words, just as we had scroll stealing back when we had faction locks we would still have scroll stealing with faction locks.

Support the solution. Get Zos to fix the actual issues that help players steal scrolls. Not the fake solution.
    Edited by idk on October 19, 2018 7:23PM
  • Ormtunge
    Ormtunge
    ✭✭✭

First you call me out for lying by offer only your opinion and the opinion of some others to back it up. If you are going to claim someone is lying, call them a lier, I suggest you offer substantial proof. Warm fuzzy feelings is not proof.

As for the rest. I would rather Zos fix the issue rather than put a band aid on the problem that cannot even stop the bleeding. It is a fallacy to think faction lock would stop scroll stealing since having an alt account is not against the ToS and many active players have alt accounts.

In other words, just as we had scroll stealing back when we had faction locks we would still have scroll stealing with faction locks.

Support the solution. Get Zos to fix the actual issues that help players steal scrolls. Not the fake solution.

I dont really know your definiction of lying, but tecnically when u said that faction lock would not bring any players back to ESO/Cyrodill, and I disproved it by stating that I (and others) would, that actually made you a lier since you knew about this from before, since u commented on multiple threds like this where players like me said that they would indeed come back if some kind of fraction lock was in place. And I dont really have any warm or fussy feelings about it.

And about the possibilty to steal scrolls with a faction lock in place, ofc it would still be possible! But LESS likely!!! That is what this is about, and I am very certain than u know this already. NO ONE have said that a faction lock would cure this 100% or any other problem, but that it would make pvp and Cyrodill more enjoyable and less toxic.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    GO SPY OR GO CRY
  • Jayelf
    Jayelf
    ✭✭

again why choose an alliance in the first place. class, race, and who to screw over....yellow is not mellow. red is not dead and dc are well, all really good bloody players unfortunately lol.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As someone who has to play with whomever is on, faction locking would drive me away. At the times I play I'm lucky if I can find 4-5 interested players, and I have to pick a character that belongs to whatever faction is in the action.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction locking would be a step in the right direction. You want to play on different characters from different alliances? Cool. Your blues should be on one server your reds on another and your yellows on another.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Otherwise there is NO INCENTIVE to WIN the caimpaign. Holy crap can you imagine the reduction in troll players?? Seriously.
  • evivnada
    evivnada
    ✭✭
    ^^^^ this guy gets it... if you want your AD in vivec then your EP and DC has gotta play something else.. if would be great!

• Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been gap-closed a few times by opponents as I passed through a keep front door, pulling them to the other side where they don't belong. That was just by accident. I guess the bug's reliable enough that people do it on purpose too.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont really know your definiction of lying, but tecnically when u said that faction lock would not bring any players back to ESO/Cyrodill, and I disproved it by stating that I (and others) would, that actually made you a lier since you knew about this from before, since u commented on multiple threds like this where players like me said that they would indeed come back if some kind of fraction lock was in place. And I dont really have any warm or fussy feelings about it.

And about the possibilty to steal scrolls with a faction lock in place, ofc it would still be possible! But LESS likely!!! That is what this is about, and I am very certain than u know this already. NO ONE have said that a faction lock would cure this 100% or any other problem, but that it would make pvp and Cyrodill more enjoyable and less toxic.

LOL. Your basis for calling me a liar is so weak. Meaningless banter to quell the truthful comment I made.

Basically you have failed so miserably to demonstrate faction locks would bring players back to meaningful levels. Especially since a majority of players left well before faction locks were instilled. We will not fall for your fake news with baseless information.

Besides, I would rather Zos fix the issue with how players are helping other steal scrolls rather than pretend to, which faction lock were merely be a pretend fix.
    Edited by idk on November 13, 2018 12:09AM
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

Point of view from someone who is very new to PVP. Some here have pointed that ZOS allows spies and traitors, because it is part of normal warfare. Very well.

But in normal warfare, you kill that mfing traitor when you see him. The problem right now, is that people have no way to prevent someone from their own faction to do this.

What I propose, is that you have the opportunity to tag someone from your faction that is currently carrying a scroll. After 3, 5, 10 tags, wathever, that person becmes attackable by his own faction. Once he's killed, he's banned from that campaign for the remainder of the campaign (every character of that faction from this account).

It could even promote a new type of legit, well-organized objective gameplay, as to spying faction has to protect his spy very well.

Wyt about it?
    XBox One - NA
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swomp23 wrote: »
    Hello,

Point of view from someone who is very new to PVP. Some here have pointed that ZOS allows spies and traitors, because it is part of normal warfare. Very well.

But in normal warfare, you kill that mfing traitor when you see him. The problem right now, is that people have no way to prevent someone from their own faction to do this.

What I propose, is that you have the opportunity to tag someone from your faction that is currently carrying a scroll. After 3, 5, 10 tags, wathever, that person becmes attackable by his own faction. Once he's killed, he's banned from that campaign for the remainder of the campaign (every character of that faction from this account).

It could even promote a new type of legit, well-organized objective gameplay, as to spying faction has to protect his spy very well.

Wyt about it?

There is no means to ensure players will not a system where they can attack one from their own faction just to grief others. PvP does tend to bring in immature trolls. Those that are using an alt or alt account to help their real alliance would not care.

The issue would be solved if Zos would fix the actual problem that permits this and that problem, nor the solution is faction locks.
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m telling ya, ingame moderators. Locked caimpaigns, much better incentives to win.