The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Dramatic over performance from ice staff - Massive Snares and endless immobilization.

Duukar
Duukar
✭✭✭✭✭
This needs a real hard look. One ice field in a dynamic game like Chaos ball spreads out the competition WAYYYY too much causing magicka classers to spam cleanse to even be able to move.

I ran myself dry on my magplar trying to catch up to the ball today. Spaming cleanse vs the immobilization only to be RE-snared by the field and then re-immobilized.. 1 cast....

can we please get this looked at?

Immobilize and snare need diminishing returns or to be placed on the standard CC immunity timer.

until then watch as the ice mage meta takes off.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really new , that’s just the uniqueness ice staff offers over the other staves. Yes, it can be annoying but not many people will suddenly switch if they already haven’t.
    Edited by CatchMeTrolling on November 17, 2018 2:01AM
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BGs tend to pick up on and use new meta builds faster than the pvp community at large.. Im already seeing TONS more ice mages than I ever have before..

TONS
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duukar wrote: »
    BGs tend to pick up on and use new meta builds faster than the pvp community at large.. Im already seeing TONS more ice mages than I ever have before..

TONS

Ice staff been meta, with the lack of speed you probably see players that played something else back to using it. There is an old thread about this for bgs.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/437759/blockade-root-spammers-explain-yourselves#latest
    Edited by CatchMeTrolling on November 17, 2018 2:07AM
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using an ice staff requires some sacrifices; either an 8% reduction in single target damage, 8% reduction in AOE damage, possible loss of ability to stun (depending on class/build), or giving up a back barred Resto Staff. Whether or not that's worth it really depends on the situation. I've started using a back barred Ice Staff lately on Magicka Warden, and it's great in some situations, and useless in others.

And IMO, a bigger issue in these objective-based games is Stamina builds being able to keep 100% of their mobility and defenses at all times, while the same can't be said for Magicka. There has been more than one game won, by a large margin, because Stamina ball carriers sprinted all over the map as their teammates snared/killed anyone that tried chasing.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started using Ice staff in BGs by accident on a leveling character, and if I dont care too much about getting kills its surprisingly effective in land grab matches.
    Edited by VaranisArano on November 17, 2018 2:41AM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Duukar wrote: »
    This needs a real hard look. One ice field in a dynamic game like Chaos ball spreads out the competition WAYYYY too much causing magicka classers to spam cleanse to even be able to move.

I ran myself dry on my magplar trying to catch up to the ball today. Spaming cleanse vs the immobilization only to be RE-snared by the field and then re-immobilized.. 1 cast....

can we please get this looked at?

Immobilize and snare need diminishing returns or to be placed on the standard CC immunity timer.

until then watch as the ice mage meta takes off.

I think that's called tactics.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since we're just spamming posts, I'll just copy/paste what I wrote on your same topic in the general subsection.....

https://youtu.be/Fc_rW25nedM
    Here's a solo anti-zerg frost warden build that can actually kill.
    And yes, I run this in BG's all the time. If you were on ps4 last night, chances are you ran into me running this.

Edit: And if you were that stamblade just spamming Lethal Arrow and cloak, just know you got what you deserve...repeatedly

:D
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd trade the snare for AOE minor maim and extra crit hit damage or crit resists.
    But doubt they will change it, because of they do it will be entirely pve oriented.
    Enjoy the staff while it lasts.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHY isnt there diminishing returns on ANY cc in eso, its the BASIC of any pvp mmo to stop PBAoE groups and support build diversion.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe nerfing movement speed will help? :P
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

This post is to let you know that we've gone ahead and closed this thread. The reason being that there is already a thread under the same topic that can be found here. Be sure to avoid spam topics as it is against the Forum Rules and only clutters the forums.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.