The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Hybrid Dragon Knight

UndeniablyAVG
UndeniablyAVG
✭✭✭✭
I've been thinking of doing a hybrid MagDK build for a while, put this together on build editor.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=97773

What do you think, what would you change?

Cheers.
PS4 EU - Daggerfall Covenant
PSN - N_O_B_L_E-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUlYStV91gCyNgVjSjapbw
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nobeey126 wrote: »
    I've been thinking of doing a hybrid MagDK build for a while, put this together on build editor.

Cheers.

Almost everything

Bad resource pool, too much wpn/spell dmg, too little penetration, bad crit.

DK is not good for hybrids.

The best use of Pelinal's is a magicka build that combine that set with a high wpn dmg HA (7th legion, Veiled heritance) and everything to magicka. Saddly, the good morph of molten weapons is the major sorc one, so you are forced to go 2H to get major brut and something else.

On the other hand, a Sorc can make a very good use of that trick.

Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Tolino
    Tolino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magsorc: Tôlino (Wardless)
    Magden: Wa-Uller
    Stamsorc: Tolino Sturmfalke
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tolino wrote: »

Ok, that one is clever, the only thing I wonder is why he doesn't use S/B? Puncture + sunder could be a good combo.

On the other hand, I didn't see any CP 810, in fact were all 750 CP max. That's a summerset build, IDK if it's still viable.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelinal/Shackle is ideal. Blood spawn is a decent choice for DK.

You need 5 medium to make the most of pelinals, especially since you're getting armor from bloodspawn

I would personally run infused jewelry over triune. Hybrid builds all have terrible crit and no penetration with low max mag/stam so you need sky high weapon damage to compensate for all that.

Healing ward scales off of max magicka so that has to go, you'll want a heal that scales off of damage. Rally is a solid HoT and a big boy heal and frees up a skill slot for cauterize/FoB
  • TheStealthDude
    TheStealthDude
    ✭✭✭✭

Cheers.

When I play Hybrid, I try to add things that are missing to the class. For magDK, the most obvious thing they miss is an execute, so I would find a way to add that in there. Spin2win would be an easy add to the front bar, moving vigor to back bar.

I think your max resources are about as good as you are going to get. You arent going to get much better than that for a Hybrid. I would, however, suggest you switch out trirune for infused on jewelry, though, as you should get more out of the weapon damage. I think this is especially important because you arent running a big weapon damage set.

I would probably switch out resto staff for a 2H sword and 5 Heavy for 5 Medium. Find a way to get Shuffle and Rally in there. Rally should replace Igneous Weapons, as Igneous is easily the weakest skill you have barred. Probably replace healing ward with shuffle or vigor from the front, since you dont really have the stats to make that ability worth it. You can also do Executioner for your execute instead of spin2win on this bar if you go with 2H. If you feel you need the survivability of heavy, try to get blade cloak (probably Quick Cloak morph for the major expedition you likely need) on there for the major evasion. You might have to drop slashes for it.

I think you need a burst damage ultimate, as there really just isnt any burst damage here. Burst damage is an absolute necessity in PvP, even for a DoT-based class like DK. I suggest changing an ultimate out for leap (either morph, your choice) or possibly Onslaught if you decide to run a 2H.

You might be able to drop vigor if you go with Rally. Between embers, rally, and 1 gealing ultimate; you should be ok on heals.
    Edited by TheStealthDude on November 14, 2018 3:10AM
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Cheers.

Almost everything

The best use of Pelinal's is a magicka build that combine that set with a high wpn dmg HA (7th legion, Veiled heritance) and everything to magicka. Saddly, the good morph of molten weapons is the major sorc one, so you are forced to go 2H to get major brut and something else.

21k stam and magicka is actually pretty good for a hybrid. You clearly don't know what you're talking about, and gave yourself away in the 1st 5 words you posted...
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Cheers.

Almost everything

Just because you and a handful of people couldn't make a hybrid Mag Dk doesn't mean it can't be done, it certainly can be done, you just need to figure out which sets.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pelinal/Shackle is ideal. Blood spawn is a decent choice for DK.

You need 5 medium to make the most of pelinals, especially since you're getting armor from bloodspawn

I would personally run infused jewelry over triune. Hybrid builds all have terrible crit and no penetration with low max mag/stam so you need sky high weapon damage to compensate for all that.

Healing ward scales off of max magicka so that has to go, you'll want a heal that scales off of damage. Rally is a solid HoT and a big boy heal and frees up a skill slot for cauterize/FoB
    This pretty much sums up what I was going to say. I think the build looks like a decent starting point.

You might want Flames of Oblivion to get both crit buffs. Slimecraw is hard to pass up for a hybrid. As Jimmy says, you basically have to use medium on a Pelinal's build, but even then all the hybrids I've tried were lacklustre for damage and weird for sustain. You're either in heavy with really bad damage, or you're liable to be squishy for not much in return. You can use the resto ult on a pure stamina build as well. In fact it's not a bad idea.

As it stands you have two mostly defensive ultimates. Flawless Dawnbreaker on the main bar wouldn't go amiss to passively up the damage.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • UndeniablyAVG
    UndeniablyAVG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback, I made a few changes. I didn't realise Healing Ward scaled from max magicka. I've ditched that and without it couldn't really see the benefit of the resto staff back bar. Moved bats to the back bar and now run Flawless Dawnbreaker front bar, figured i could do without the stun as i have a CC on the front bar anyway.

2h sword back bar, running FM over rally as I feel I already have enough healing. And then running reverse slice for execute.

Also swapped to medium armor for the wep damage boost. I do think that the Heavy vs Medium is something I will have to actually try and see which suits me the most.

I am running jewels of misrule food, would it be better to run tri-stat food and rely on deep thoughts more for regen?

Heres the updated build:

Thanks!
    PS4 EU - Daggerfall Covenant
    PSN - N_O_B_L_E-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqUlYStV91gCyNgVjSjapbw
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like, for a Hybrid build to be viable, it must not use Pelinal. Pelinal is a wasted 5-pc, because it does not really add any raw stat. It just copies over the values.

My meaning is; It would be optimal so simply use only sets, that provide both wep/spell dmg from the beginning. Like Clever Alchemist, and many of the newer Heavy Armor sets.

Anyway, if you want to try something fun on your DK;

vMSA Destro Backbar with Elemental Blockade
    Frontbar DW Torugs Infused with Bloodthirst / Rapid Strikes (yes, it still works after patch).

That is per definition af Hybrid build, yes ?
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find my current set up meh
    Edited by Waffennacht on November 14, 2018 10:04PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • TheStealthDude
    TheStealthDude
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback, I made a few changes. I didn't realise Healing Ward scaled from max magicka. I've ditched that and without it couldn't really see the benefit of the resto staff back bar. Moved bats to the back bar and now run Flawless Dawnbreaker front bar, figured i could do without the stun as i have a CC on the front bar anyway.

2h sword back bar, running FM over rally as I feel I already have enough healing. And then running reverse slice for execute.

Also swapped to medium armor for the wep damage boost. I do think that the Heavy vs Medium is something I will have to actually try and see which suits me the most.

I am running jewels of misrule food, would it be better to run tri-stat food and rely on deep thoughts more for regen?

Heres the updated build:

Thanks!

Ive never tried Deep Thoughts in PvP, so I cant really say how effective I do or dont find it, but if its working for you and you want to keep it, then I would absolutely change to tri-stat food. Even without Deep Thoughts, you will have decent stamina recovery and maybe be ok on magicka recovery. With deep thoughts being used, you should be fine.

I would also consider getting a poison damage glyph in there to get some more stamina sustain from the DK passive. Perhaps change out that disease glyph.
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some ways you can’t go wrong with hybrid, but in my old one I used Resto for mag sustain with mutagen and vigor coupled with burning embers to heal. Sitting in medium pelinials with bloodspawn and agility weapons with willpower. It was way before 2 slot one handed weapons but it did really well. I’d suggest medium pels with skoria or bs with fury weapons and jewelry.